Suggestion: [Pollution]

• Name:
    [Some ideas for the pollution that is planned for IC²2.0 according to a comment by The Allmighty Dragon Lord Modderator on Industrial BlaBla]

Description:
    Ablaka stated that pollution was planned for IC² 2.0 and it didn't seem to be a joke to me. I have some ideas for it:

• Different kinds of Pollution
      There should be three different kinds of pollution: Air, ground and water. Air pollution would be decreased by green plants, especially trees, and certain crops. Ground and water would be cleaned by certain crops. Of course, there should be a cleaning machine I'll explain later. Pollution would decrease their respective crop quality (for example, if your air is polluted heavily, the air quality would be bad, even if all blocks around the crop would be air and it would be on y=256). Examples for polluters would be using fertilizer or opening scrap boxes for water (because it seeps to the ground water), opening scrap boxes and crafting/placing solar panels for ground, crafting/placing solar panels and generators for air and nuclear explosions (both reactor and bomb, however a reactor explosion would be worse) for everything. Air pollution would make the sky and the light coming from it darker and maybe even causing you to be hurt when it's very bad if you are in the sunshine (you know, ozone depletion). But when the air pollution is that bad, green plants in sunshine would clean the air faster because they get more ultraviolet light.

• Cleaning Machine
      The terraformer should be able to reduced pollution. It would have to be encased in the stuff it should clean (except 1 block because of the cable). So dirt/grass/that snowy stuff grass turns into when a snow layer is on top of it for ground, water for water and air for air. It would also need a special TFBP so it knows what to clean. Or maybe the terraformer could be used for this purpose.

• Local pollution
      Pollution should only affect the chunk it was caused in, except air pollution, which should be global. Nuclear pollution should affect all chunks that were damaged by the explosion. Water pollution should spread to neighboring chunks if there are connected bodies of water.

• Pollution by Solar Panels
      Without something like this, solar spamming would probably become a even bigger problem if/when pollution is added. So, for realism, balance and reducing the number of solar spammers, crafting and/or placing solar panels should pollute the ground and the air.

Recipes:
    ( :Electronic Circuit: =empty TFBP, :Compressed Plantball: =sapling, :Coal Chunk: =carbon fiber mesh, :Bronze Shovel: =stone shovel)

:Compressed Plantball: :Compressed Plantball: :Compressed Plantball:
    :Compressed Plantball: :Electronic Circuit: :Compressed Plantball:
    :Compressed Plantball: :Compressed Plantball: :Compressed Plantball:
    Air cleaner TFBP
    :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk:
    :Coal Chunk: :Electronic Circuit: :Coal Chunk:
    :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk:
    Water cleaner TFBP (The carbon meshes are used as filters) (I know i's way more expensive than the other recipes! The developers don't care anyways.)

:Bronze Shovel: :Water Cell: :Bronze Shovel:
    :Water Cell: :Electronic Circuit: :Water Cell:
    :Bronze Shovel: :Water Cell: :Bronze Shovel:

Ground cleaner TFBP (It digs the ground away, washes it and replaces it so fast that you can't see it and so it isn't even computed by the game)

Thanks for reading!

PS: Check out this suggestion too! (I would have put this into my signature, but it has too many characters)

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• If Al really thought about it, let him imagine what it could be. It's something too important to be suggested by someone from the forum. (I think).

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• and water miles give pollution to water and earth? or what because that is what we have problem on this server because solar is the last one any one make on this server play on because it seems to rain so much so solar dont get any eu so all ahve make so many of water and wind miles. but i thin is only should make pollution when make the coal dust and not the block then..

• If Al really thought about it, let him imagine what it could be. It's something too important to be suggested by someone from the forum. (I think).

More ideas are always good. I just suggested some things to improve the pollution system. The developers are still able to decide what they add, aren't they?

and water miles give pollution to water and earth? or what because that is what we have problem on this server because solar is the last one any one make on this server play on because it seems to rain so much so solar dont get any eu so all ahve make so many of water and wind miles. but i thin is only should make pollution when make the coal dust and not the block then..

I actually didn't hear of water/wind spammers before so I didn't write anything about it. But watermills polluting water and windmills polluting air over time (because of tiny metal particles going off the mill) seem like a good idea.

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• i think there were another suggestion about machine to break down if that was implant combine with this one would it could be nice ^^

• Windgens polluting the air with tiny metal particles? How realistic is that....

Quote from Alblaka

Unrealistic?
    This...
    is...
    MINECRAFT *kicks Physics off the ledge*

2. Do you have a better idea how to explain pollution caused by windmills?
    3. It was not my idea to have the mills cause pollution.

• IRL, the problem with wind is the massive space it takes to generate power, same with solar. Hydro kills fish. The problem seems to be that we are modelling wind as a one block large unit, rather that BtW or planned RP2 style wind units.

Boy pollution seems to be a common topic. What about reactors? Would it be cool to have to deal with nuke waste?

• What about reactors? Would it be cool to have to deal with nuke waste?

Of course it would be cool! Imagine a giant underground nukehole, filled with tons of nuclear waste, emmitting a glow and polluting ground, water and air because the containers are defective...
    But sadly it's denied.
    But what if uranium cells would pollute the environment when depleting?

• Official Post

Of course it would be cool! Imagine a giant underground nukehole, filled with tons of nuclear waste, emmitting a glow and polluting ground, water and air because the containers are defective...
    But sadly it's denied.

Dealing with Nuclear Waste => Throw it into Lava.

After they fixed that => Send it down to a Recycler

After they fixed that => Send it down to a Voidpipe or similar

After they fixed that => Store it inside a BC-Pipe/RP-Tube forever.

Of course this applies only if you get something like a Nuclear-Waste-Block/Item.

• You forget The End.

• I'd like such a system to work like Thaumcraft taint. I really don't think that renewable generation should cause pollution. How about ore processing causes pollution? That could be a method to make renewable gens pollute.

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• Good idea. But solarspammers gonna spam. no way to stop them. Would pollution be a slow process? You have to think of the time frame.

That's a rather cool idea, but a lone tree is suspicious, better plant some more. So really... forget about solar-flowers, solar-trees are the next generation :P

• I personally feel water mills are a far bigger problem than solar panels. Trust me, everyone just builds giant systems for making power from water using RP2/BC2. Lagggy.
    Anyway solar pollution would be pretty silly, just seems like a half hearted fix to a problem...
    Perhaps air pollution should spread? So if one chunk has lots of air pollution it will slowly spread into other chunks around it.

• I personally feel water mills are a far bigger problem than solar panels. Trust me, everyone just builds giant systems for making power from water using RP2/BC2. Lagggy.

But what should water mills pollute? As I said, I didn't read about water spammers before.

Anyway solar pollution would be pretty silly, just seems like a half hearted fix to a problem...

It's realistic and it should slow solar spammers down a bit. Or even reduce their number!

Perhaps air pollution should spread? So if one chunk has lots of air pollution it will slowly spread into other chunks around it.

except air pollution, which should be global

But sadly it's denied.

*cough* radioactive waste doesn't glow. Don't believe what you see in cartoons or in similar films/shows.