[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Gravitation Suite v2.0.3!

• Wow this is a great addon! Totally installing this after the rest of my addons get updated. Massive EU storage in chests? Sign me up! Makes things a bit more limited with flying in survival since I have to use a different mod to provide flying in smp with no cost, I would prefer to do it with a high EU cost and be able to justify it instead of OP FLYING HAX. I do like the idea of a matching suit though, it would look nicer that way. I do support the use of uranium somehow in this since I have been accumulating it without the use of reactors.

*Random Idea* A fast, EU powered speed boat, with multiple seats would be nice. What could be better than a few friends, some fishing poles, and a six pack of beer right? Or maybe for raiding missions with a team on underwater bases as a more practical application. Even better if it has laser guns, but then we are leaking on to Industrium Conflict territory. Maybe press a customizable button to access the boat's inventory and charge it with items. Not sure how the boat would be crafted,more than likely with many stages to make the cost keep it from being OP, but would provably include a grav engine or two and multiple advanced lappacks. It wouldn't fly but it would be supporting enough weight to provide forward momentum.

If mounted guns were implemented id imagine it as being crafted from a mining laser with some power items and maybe other advanced materials. Then it would either be crafted with the boat for simplicity or have a slot in the boat's inventory for mounting. Then the laser would drain from the boat's main storage for each shot. The boat might also have a small inventory for storing extra power packs or other items.

Also maybe have a block that can be placed to automatically charge it when it is within a few blocks. That way you can feed your power generation to a harbor and have a boat that will charge itself without having to worry about feeding charge items in to it, but it would have to be well hidden on smp. Just some food for thought since the idea of expanding the mod beyond armor in to super tech inspired me. I know the boat would be a monster to code, yet alone design but how about a nice challenge?

EDIT: Broke up the text wall, this is what happens when I get two hours of sleep and try to post somewhere.

Error 404: Signature not found!

Edited once, last by Appleblomb ().

• holy wall of text batman... Not even going to try and read that as it's basically unreadable as it. You may want to edit the thing and use this newfangled keyboard key called "return" or "enter" to add some line breaks.

• No nukes were planned in this post!

• holy wall of text batman... Not even going to try and read that as it's basically unreadable as it. You may want to edit the thing and use this newfangled keyboard key called "return" or "enter" to add some line breaks.

I like reading things like that out loud in one, long, very quick, almost monotone sentence, pausing for breath as rarely as possible. People who hear how it sounds are sometimes enlightened...

• YoYo
    SeNtiMeL,

Having this odd bug with your mod installed. If you try to press the key bound to the gravisuit's fly function, whilst on the menu before you load a game it throws this error.

Which kicks you outta the game. :(
    Any ideas what causes this?

• I like reading things like that out loud in one, long, very quick, almost monotone sentence, pausing for breath as rarely as possible. People who hear how it sounds are sometimes enlightened...

Heh, nice, do the Ben Stein thing? Not even sure if he even does the whole monotone voice thing anymore though.

• Reading whats been said, am I right in saying that EE will only disable the flight on the gravichest armor.

Does the rest still work if I have EE, so I can still have it just not fly with it?

Edit: Also a suggestion for the head armor piece, you could intergrate the solar helmet into it, so it acts like the solar helmet aswell as the quantum helmet etc and would add a bit of recharging power.

• I upgraded to Forge 152 today, and I've found the gravitation plate doesn't toggle between off and on state. Literally the only change I did was update Forge, anyone else have this issue?

• im using EE but this is not compatible with EE.
    but can i still use that super lap pack?

Yes, the only incompatibility is that EE blocks the GraviChestPlate's ability to fly. Everything else works, of which I can confirm.

• This looks pretty cool, I've always wanted a version of quantum armor with lappack and flying combined. Since flying is blocked by EE, would you consider making a version that allows jetpack-style flying instead, considering that it is not only compatible with EE, but also in-line with IC2's version of flying?

• Yes, the only incompatibility is that EE blocks the GraviChestPlate's ability to fly. Everything else works, of which I can confirm.

I actually logged in JUST to confirm this. I've never been a big fan of flying around, so I've only got this on my server for the superior EU storage, and I had to run my reactor for two complete cycles (splitting the signal between my Mass Fab and charging the Ultimate Lappack) to fill the lappack.

Seriously, this is so great! I'll be able to mine around my mystcraft ages without worrying about EU for my diamond drill now

• This addons seems to be exactly what I've been looking for. Unfortunately it's only for the newest 1.97 IC2 release.
    Is there any possibility of backporting this to IC2 1.95b or is it compatible out-of-the box ?

greetings
    foxxx0

• When I open a Teleport Pipe (from the Buildcraft Additional Pipes mod) while flying in a Gravitation Suite I get a client crash:

Crash doesn't occur when flying in creative mode, only with the Gravitation Suite..

• will you add more high end stuff like maybe upgraded nano saber / diamond drill so you can mine like EE tools and does aoe damage with high value of EU? Or other stuff for the endgame of IC2? :D