Making your own space program?

• Love this game. I haven't even bought the full version yet, but the demo is still pretty good.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• This. Game. Is. Great. I need the full game!

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• I play it a lot. Got version 0.15.2 stuffed full with mods. landed on the mun and minimus once but mostly i'm just messing with ridiculous rocket/spaceplane designs.

• does kerbal feature orbital rendezvous and docking? maybe you can send them some fuel for the trip back

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• does kerbal feature orbital rendezvous and docking? maybe you can send them some fuel for the trip back

Not yet that i'm aware of. You can have multiple vehicles out at once but I haven't played it much since it went paid only. I do have a paid copy, played it a ton when it was free so I tossed some money at them.

As far as my own "progress" with the game, I never was able to even get to the Mun, let alone minimus. Could never get the hang of the whole intersecting and anticipating it's orbit thing.
    Did have a bit past 7km/sec speed record with stock parts in one version. Didn't work in later versions though. Don't think that rocket is even loadable anymore.

Hmm.. wonder if the sun exists as a object yet, I wanna do some sun diving :)

There are lots of mods for this like mechjeb (automatic craft control, rendezvous and landing) and kosmos pack (lotsa parts and docking nodes)
    http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=8021.0
    http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=7178.0

• They are actually adding docking functions to the game on the next update.
    So far the "best" rocket I designed got me from Kerbin to Minmus, then to the Mun and then Back to kerbin. And of course I forgot the parachute...

• still trying to land on the mun

good luck with that, I've never managed it.
    My current goal is to crash into the sun :)
    Managed to do it earlier today with cheated parts* so I know it's possible.
    So far my best run was only ~7.5km/sec in solar orbit, not nearly slow enough to intersect the sun. Kerblin runs at around 9.5km/sec and one has to break out of it's gravity first.

on the other hand I now have 4 or 5 pieces of space debris in solar orbit :)

*copy part, change name a bit, edit config for more thrust and no fuel consumption.

• Yay! version 0.16 is out with new, bigger parts, crew who can walk around the surface and more.
    Btw here's my latest project: FS-Fail Shuttle
    (this is version 15.2.0 with mods)

I think i'm going to abandon this project because it can't enter orbit without flipping even with mechajeb.

• I just Major Tom'd my crew. Again.

Anyone have any tips to flying to Mun? I think my rocket has enough power but I always miss.

• I just Major Tom'd my crew. Again.

Anyone have any tips to flying to Mun? I think my rocket has enough power but I always miss.

First try get into a straight, nice 100km kerbin orbit, then you raise your periapsis to the altitude of the moon (forgot how many kilometers it is) and keep orbiting around kerbin until the mun catches you and try to deorbit/land (keep and eye on you lander's velocity/fuel/engine capacity because thats where i failded a mun landing 5 times)

• I know, I know... Massive necrobump.
    But still, maybe people here are still playing this game ?
    Now that .18 has docking, planets with moons and lots of new parts, there are a lot more possibilities in the game.
    For example, here's my first space station, and Laythe mission (one of jool's moons)

Also, the next update .19 will feature resource mining, re-entry heat, rovers and more!
    It is sure going to be awesome!