New GeoGen system
ALL NEW GEOGEN SYSTEM :
vvv CKICK THE LINK BELOW vvv
!!!EVEN MORE NEW GEOGEN SYSTEM HERE!!!
"Just to throw this in:
Cells cannot turn empty upon crafting. That's a limitation for stackable items.
Please proceed with the remaining discussion though, sounds like some quite neat stuff."
I reconsider my (and all yours ideas), and I have now some.. THING.
(damn I really need some more english education)
Just take a look at this picture (it's most awesome picture ever made by me) :
Sooo what we got from here..
- Water/Coolant/Lava Cells DON'T have any "energy storage", that thing NOT ever need us.
- From where comes enegry in that case? From Water Cells of course. (EXAMPLE: one W-Cell = 4 EU/t of GeoGen, 2 = 8 EU/t and 3 = 12 EU/t.
- Lava Cells - while no L-Cells aren't in GeoGen, it wouldn't work. If we have 1 W-Cell in, we need only 1 L-Cell to heat water well and Lava Cell will "work" some.. pretty long time (I don't know how much, maybe one MC day?). So.. If we have 2 W-Cells in, we need, yes, at least 2 L-Cells for long "work". Same with 3 W-Cells. BUT what if I'll put only one Lava Cell and three Water Cells? It's simple as.. universe, Lava Cell will end in 1/3 of 'normal' time. What about one Water Cell and three Lava Cells? Don't do that, cuz now Water Cell will end in 1/3 of their 'normal' time, you don't need that, right? Same with 2/3, 3/2.
- Coolant Cells, why they are here? Without any C-Cells 'normal working time' of water ones will have the "N" value. Put one C-Cell to double that value, two to triple and three to... quadro. EXAMPLE: You have 'normal' cells combination (1W+1L / 2W+2L / 3W+2L), without any C-Cells Water Cells will work.. hmm.. 1/2 of MC day. If you put one Coolant Cell, Water Cells will work 1 MC day; 2 C-Cells = 1.5 MC days; 3 (full) C-Cells = 2 MC days.
- And Water Cells 'life time' = (W/L)*C , where W- number of Water Cells, L - number of .. you already get it, right?
So in that case, if W=1, L=3 (bad combination), but L = 3, life time of W-Cell will =1 (1 - it's 'normal' time, that as I said in last example = 1/2 MC day). W=3, L=3, C=3 then LT (life time) = 3 (3*half of one MC day = .. "1.5" MC days, why not "2" like in last example? There was kind of (W/L)+C formula). Yes, I think that (W/L)+C is better.
So.. it's difficult only on paper, in practice it's very simple:
Just make the "Normal-Water-Lava-Cells-Combination" (1W+1L or 2W+2L or 3W+2L) and if you wanna much longer working time, just put in GeoGen some Coolant Cells too.
So best GeoGens then comes in 3 .. tiers *ololo*
JUST AN AXAMPLE, again!
- Tier 1: 1W+1L Cell and 3 Coolant Cells = 4 EU/t in 2 MC days.
- Tier 2: 2W+2L Cell and 3 Coolant Cells = 8 EU/t in 2 MC days.
- Tier 3: 3W+3L Cell and 3 Coolant Cells = 12 EU/t in 2 MC days.
FCRSE, all EU/t values and the maximum time of work (when normal W-L combination and +3 C-Cells) can be changed for more balance!
NEW ADJUSTMENT :
One Water Cell in GeoGen always generate "N" value of EU/t. No matter how many Coolant Cell you got or Lava Cells (but at least one Lava Cell will be needed for GeoGen to work).
If you will set 3 Water Cells and only one Lava Cell, it will give you "N"x3 EU/t, but in that case Lava Cell will cool off extremely fast (too much water for one Lava Cell).
My point is:
With the GeoGens you shouldn't care of the
heat produsing or explosion chance, no.
You must set a BALANCED combination of Lava and Water Cells and all.
And as I told before, balanced combinations is where number of the Water Cells = number of the Coolant Cells.
And I want that losses cuz of broking that balance will be epicly high with each unnecessary or missing cell.
Example: (in all cases are no Coolant Cells, they not matter in this example, just will multiply)
- 1W + 1L - Oh, it's ok. Work fine and a long time "T" and giving me "N" EU/t. (same 2W + 2L ("N"x2) and 3W + 3L ("N"x3))
- 1W + 2L - Hmmm.. Not good, too much lava, working too fast, just 1/3 of time "T", but giving me "N" EU/t. (same or almost same 2W + 3L ("N"x2))
- 1W + 3L - OH MY GODNESS! It ended so quickly, just 1/12 of optimal time "T",.. but still giving me "N" EU/t.
- 2W + 1L - Eh.. need more lava, it gives me "N"x2 EU/t, but only 1/3 of normal time "T". (same or almost same 3W+2L ("N"x3))
- 3W + 1L - Ah, yep. Too much water, lava was cooled so fast, it was giving me "N"x3, but only that ridiculous 1/12 of normal time "T", next time will use more Lava Cells.
So you see? Than more you close to the "ideal balance" than more time will work GeoGen with the same resources => more EU.
Your goal is to get it to work longer. So what for Coolant Cells are:
One Coolant Cell with "balanced W-L" will work perfectly and double it's working time ("T"x2), 2 C-Cells = "T"x3, 3 C-Cells = "T"x4.
BUT. With bad (not balanced) GeoGens wouldn't work fine, and will just add a half of current "T" (unbalanced = 1/3"T"+1/6"T", more unbalanced = 1/12"T" + 1/24"T"), it's ridiculous, right? Too low uprgade per Coolant Cell with unbalanced GeoGens. Yes.
Cuz BALANCE IS YOUR ALL !
ONE MORE ADJUSTMENT :
In my (crazy) imagination, geothermal station comes in that way (in GeoGen):
"The heat of the earth" is realised in Lava Cells. (cuz in MC lava is hot 4ever unless meet water, and that becouse Lava Cells lose their..charge)
"hot steam / extremely pressured hot water" is realised in Water Cells. (turns into hot steam by contacting Lava Cells)
"in RL hot steam/water from "the bowels of the earth" just comes to the surface and.. all." No circulating, but we need it! Cuz we don't need just single process, we need continual work of GeoGen for constant EU/t. Thats why appears the Coolant Cells. We can make some looped tube and fill it with hot steam (Water Cells + Lava Cells = hot steam, right?). Yes, process will start, steam will be heated in 1 place (when near the Lava Cells) and cooled off at other way in tubes of GeoGen. BUT, as I say before (and in OP), without additional cooling hot steam will be heated and heated again and again each time when comind near Lava Sector of GeoGen. Overheated steam just will automatically get off from the GeoGen, and in that case water from Water Cell/Cells will.. end very fast. But not with the Coolant Cells.
AND. You don't ever need then add new items in game special for new GeoGen.
Only new GUI and simple (I though) code.
I would suggest that, to possibly make coding easier, you implement the following: you put the cells you want to deposit in the Geo and they disappear and then reappear; they are being replaced by a duplicate item which isn't stackable and has a damage bar. This way there's virtually no new coding, just adding 3 "new items", which are used up for energy generation like you say in the OP. Also, there should be an output slot in the GUI, which the empty cells are deposited in after their contents are used up for energy generation by the Geothermal (that way there is no tin cost).
From Russia with love!