[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Official Post

Hm... Does anyone have some textures glithes with I. Electrolyzer?

You mean GUI in SMP? Yes, I know about that.

This mod breaks more than it gives. One of good points in IC2 is that you can make diamonds from coal, co you can start teching earlier, instead of boring vanilla-style mining. With Gregtech macerator recipe requires diamonds, so you can't make coal dust for making diamonds, forcing you spend hours pickaxing.
    So far only really interesting thing I can see in this mod is Quantum Chests, but I doubt it worth losing half of IC2.

You can make Coaldust without Macerator. I made a Lowtech-tool for macerating some Ingots and Coal.

@Iridiumdiscoussion: Seriously? I made a Config to avoid that Discoussion. I made it for almost everything whats worth it. I know that almost everything needs Iridium, but as soon as you have the High-Tech up and running you can make TONS of Iridium from Matterfabrication. The "requiring rare Stuff to make more of it" is 100% intended, and when i remove the Iridiumneed of a Component, then i replace it with another rare Material.

@GoOutOfMySandboxAndGTFO: Yeah, go out of it, but take this identical Sandbox, which you can configure however you want with you. XD

Thutmose: Considering it maybe.

@AboveWhoNinjaedMe: See Thutmose

• @Iridiumdiscoussion: Seriously? I made a Config to avoid that Discoussion. I made it for almost everything whats worth it. I know that almost everything needs Iridium, but as soon as you have the High-Tech up and running you can make TONS of Iridium from Matterfabrication. The "requiring rare Stuff to make more of it" is 100% intended, and when i remove the Iridiumneed of a Component, then i replace it with another rare Material.

This is the problem, though. It's all or nothing. There's no middle ground. And, frankly, I think you need to learn to make a distinction between 'rare' materials and 'late game' materials. I shouldn't need the Matter Fabricator to get the materials needed to make the Matter Fabricator. This addon could be so much more enjoyable if it followed a more incremental advancement plan.

• Greg, I got a suggestion for a machine.

Industrial Pulverizer/Grinder would be a machine just like a macerator but it would only accept ores and will give 4x of the appropriate dust/gem per each piece of ore (20 redstone and 24 lapis lazuli per ore which would be basically double the output for the regular macerator). It would drain 32 EU/t and an operation would last 200 ticks. It would be a multi block machine with 8 blocks as a pulverizer/grinder head which is made with a macerator and a blade surrounded by steel (like the induction furnace). Recipe for the blade core: diamond block + 4 machine block + 4 steel block = 1 blade core, recipe for the blade = 1 blade core + 8 flint. There also would be a storage base made of 4 storage blocks which would have 4 slots for the dust/gem output made with some data orbs or something and/or quantum chests. This would be really sweet because I don't really have a use for diamonds and I have about 40 of them :P

Please Greg, don't just deny it, it took a while to think and write this ;)

EDIT: A little bit off-topic but is there a way you could use 1 block/item ID like -1 to select all the items/blocks? Adventurer's backpack in forestry is useless so I wanna add it so that all items can be put in there.

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• Check the wiki, its flint with bowl, but sadly its single use

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• Official Post

Greg, I got a suggestion for a machine.

Industrial Pulverizer/Grinder would be a machine just like a macerator but it would only accept ores and will give 4x of the appropriate dust/gem per each piece of ore (20 redstone and 24 lapis lazuli per ore which would be basically double the output for the regular macerator). It would drain 32 EU/t and an operation would last 200 ticks. It would be a multi block machine with 8 blocks as a pulverizer/grinder head which is made with a macerator and a blade surrounded by steel (like the induction furnace). Recipe for the blade core: diamond block + 4 machine block + 4 steel block = 1 blade core, recipe for the blade = 1 blade core + 8 flint. There also would be a storage base made of 4 storage blocks which would have 4 slots for the dust/gem output made with some data orbs or something and/or quantum chests. This would be really sweet because I don't really have a use for diamonds and I have about 40 of them :P

Please Greg, don't just deny it, it took a while to think and write this ;)

Just denied. Lol. :P

Macerate your Diamonds and put them as Super-Amplifier into your Massfab.

A little bit off-topic but is there a way you could use 1 block/item ID like -1 to select all the items/blocks? Adventurer's backpack in forestry is useless so I wanna add it so that all items can be put in there.

I'm not that familiar to Forestryconfigfiles. Honestly, i hate also the way IC² has to add Ores to the Miner (Thats why i add them via Oredictionary).

Ores can be put into the Miners-Backpack, if Sengir didnt broke it. And Redpower adds a Canvasbag for storing anything, but that will take ages to release.

Great, but how am I supposed to know about it?

NEI? Changelog? Try the Mortar, its crafted out of a Bowl and a Flint and can macerate one Ingot/Coal if its not too hard for Flint.

• 4x

I would say something like: x2 + bonus byproducts (random) or max x3 (also random).

(20 redstone and 24 lapis lazuli per ore

The macerator already did 10/12 RS/Lapis with Gregtech addon ???

It would drain 32 EU/t

For a VERY-advanced machine ? Are you kidding us ? I would speak about 128 EU/t.

200 ticks

Same thing. This is too short. 400-1000 ticks would seems better.

diamond block

This is not EE.

4 steel block

This is not Railcraft.

I have about 40 of them

There's already plenthy of uses for diamond: Iridium-based material, Tunnel Bore Head (I don't use Railcraft for the time being, but you seems to use it), macerators if you didn't disable the expensive recipe, Diamond drill ... and 40 is not that much (I've got 110 while mining 10 hours ...)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Just denied. Lol. :P

@Greg: YKW? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@above: I got over 64 diamond ore, I got a mystcraft age setup with the heavy resources symbol and have plenty of everything except of mod-added ores :(

@above(EE): You're right. This is SPARTAAAAAAA!!!!!! Trololololololololo
    @above(RC): The same as above

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

Edited once, last by SteveofDoom ().

• GregTech is meant to be played with in a huge modpack with other mods. (who doesn't?). If the stuff in GregTech were easy to get, it would obsolete a lot of content in the other mods.

In that case, I would probably thing about the mods you're using they are OP. And if Greg balanced his addon like that, I guess he also think it.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• This is the problem, though. It's all or nothing. There's no middle ground. And, frankly, I think you need to learn to make a distinction between 'rare' materials and 'late game' materials. I shouldn't need the Matter Fabricator to get the materials needed to make the Matter Fabricator. This addon could be so much more enjoyable if it followed a more incremental advancement plan.

Just config this little thing. Disable Matterfabricator recipe.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Just config this little thing. Disable Matterfabricator recipe.

The problem is, the default configuration is the one that represents the game. I shouldn't have to reconfigure the mod, and neither should what looks like the majority of the mod users. I'm not criticizing the mod based on my personal preferences, I'm criticizing its design objectively, and I find it to be in need of a retooling.

• Slime chunks, not swamps

Ah, THAT explains all those slimes I had by my house. I thought it was a weird spawning issue.

Also, Greg, I have a request: I was going to add TerrafirmaCraft to my setup again, but realized I won't be able to get bauxite dust in the overworld without scrap box spamming since it overrides world generation for it's own world gen. So would it be possible to get it from some kind of gem dust? And hopefully a way to get uranium dust as well(my two main ores I'll need but won't be able to locate once I add TFC again).

Apprentice Redstoner, Professional Slacker

Edited once, last by YX33A: Remembered some stuff ().

• This is the problem, though. It's all or nothing. There's no middle ground. And, frankly, I think you need to learn to make a distinction between 'rare' materials and 'late game' materials. I shouldn't need the Matter Fabricator to get the materials needed to make the Matter Fabricator. This addon could be so much more enjoyable if it followed a more incremental advancement plan.

You don't need a Matter Fabricator to make a Matter Fabricator, there is Iridium ore in the ground. Not exactly common(20% chance for a chunk to have some, though it may just be one piece), but it's not hard to find(I keep finding it in exposed stone near the surface). Plus if you think it's too rare, just get some platinum dusts and make some iridium out of it. Don't know where to find some? Try Metallurgy 2, it has it in it's Precious Ores pack. Add Mystcraft and Metallurgy's Mystcraft addon and write a age with two Precious Ores symbols(the max you can add of any Metallurgy symbol without instability) and you'll not be lacking in Iridium any time soon.

Of course, one can get Platinum from TerrafirmaCraft as well, but that's not for everyone.

Also, about TFC stuff for GregTech stuff, I've noticed that TFC has Pitchbelnde, which could be sent through a centrifuge to output some uranium dust. Not sure what to suggest for Bauxite, though. I suppose Borax could be used, but really it makes more sense to use a full stack of Flux.

• Ah, THAT explains all those slimes I had by my house. I thought it was a weird spawning issue.

Also, Greg, I have a request: I was going to add TerrafirmaCraft to my setup again, but realized I won't be able to get bauxite dust in the overworld without scrap box spamming since it overrides world generation for it's own world gen. So would it be possible to get it from some kind of gem dust? And hopefully a way to get uranium dust as well(my two main ores I'll need but won't be able to locate once I add TFC again).

If TFC has pitchblende that would make sense to be the uranium ore. Does TFC use the FoD?

• Is there are any way to make IC2 machines in a TFC world?

You still have iron ingots, and you still have Redstone. It's just harder to get. Redstone dust isn't found in ore form, but you can still find it in some things like Cinnabar. Rubber wood trees won't spawn, but you can still find slimes in swamps or breed up some stickreeds(might be harder though).
    Not as easy as before, but still possible. Uranium though, isn't a usable ore, but there is Pitchblende, which the page says can contain uranium in reality. Maybe they already added IC2 uranium as a rare drop from it if you have IC2 installed, but I haven't tried that yet. I'll check the changelogs, though.