[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• I really hope a hook exists or is added then since this could be quite a nice way to use up spare ruby and sapphire blocks (emerald blocks can already be used per vanilla).

Big fan of your work by the way, please keep it up :)

Well, if there isn't a hook, there might be in future versions of Forge as I decided to make a hook suggestion for the Beacon Block accepting modded gem blocks as valid over on the Minecraft Forge forums. I actually linked Greg's reply in the post as a source of sorts (so they know I'm not just pulling this one out of my ass).

If you (maxxori) and/or Greg would like to keep an eye on the thread I created for updates, here's the link: http://www.minecraftforge.net/…dex.php/topic,3424.0.html

• Diamond Drill + Titanium is approved.

I hope this means you'll "re-nerf" the normal drill as well :)

I might be missing something but as it requires steel it is waaay out of reach before relatively high level of advancement with other mods. For steel I'd need a blast furnace that takes a ton of magma creams (= blaze rods). Kind of an overkill for a low-tier thingy I think.

Or is there an alternative way to make steel that I've missed? Running with a metric ton of mods* the only alternatives I can see for steel is macerating chain-link armor that I can't produce myself. Alternative ways for blaze rods would be to farm a TON of enderpearls or breed a special kind of bee.

*) 50 mods and including almost all the bigger ones, all installed without ID resolver. Had about 5 ID conflicts in total that I had to fix manually. So take that you people wishing for ID resolver-support :)

• As it happens, a hook for adding valid blocks to the Beacon does exist. It was pointed out to me by SanAndreasP, the maintainer of the Clay Soldiers mod.

He says that the hook exists in the block class (I don't if he means the Block.class or the TE class for the Beacon) as the following method:

Code
    public boolean isBeaconBase (World worldObj, int x, int y, int z, int beaconX, int beaconY, int beaconZ)

As for adding the gems as payment items for the Beacon, SanAndreasP said that he might look into doing a PR once he's done with his stuff (which I can only assume is updating to 1.4.4).

Link: http://www.minecraftforge.net/…24.msg22158.html#msg22158

• Just wanted to tell you that your mod is awesome! Looking forward to your plans for jetpack.. Its drivng me crazy to recharge my 30 000 EU batpack with my always-in-ma-pocket IDSU. Stay in the modding scene! :P

• Suggestion:

Extreme Temperature Furnace:
    This would basically be a very advanced furnace. It would have as purpose a few things:
    1- Processing materials in a new way, allowing you to get new processed materials, for new features.
    2- Helping Cooking-automation at the cost of ressources.
    3- Incredible speed while cooking (about 3-5 faster than Induction furnace, for bigger EU cost per operation and without efficienty when reaching 100% of heat --> if you aim at minimizing energy consumption, it would still be better than mass overclocking normal furnace, even if it would also be slower).

For this purpose, it would havethe following caracteristics:
    Heat increases by 1% in 10 sec, decreases by 1% every others second.
    Energy consumption:
    -While heat is increasing: 512*next percentage you'll reach (so if you're currently at 49%, it takes you 256 EU/t during the time you need to get 50%)
    -While it's just keeping heat-level: 64*Heat percentage. (this one interfere with speed: Something*(Heatpercentage)², with 2-3 the I-Furnace Speed when both are at 100%)
    Special effect: Can process 2 times dust while operating 1: as example, 1 Iron Dust + ETF --> 1 Refined Iron [or Steel ?] (could also work with your "carbonized" materials"
    Of course there would be a button to chose the max Heat wanted. (So it would also be a furnace with adjustable speed!)

Ideas of special features:
    Cooking glass (8) will give you Lens Block. This one can be used with Advanced-Thermal Solar Pannel, to make it produce (more) energy. Heat Level needed: 60% or more. See more details later.
    Cooking ClayDust could give you ceramic, wich could be used as advanced-Nuclear (for example) components. Heat level needed: At least 70%
    Only way of cooking Tungsten Ore/Dust from RP2 (the tungsten ore should also need the advanced macerator at least to be macerated) Heat Level needed: 100%
    4 BasaltBlock: Lava source. Heat level needed: At least 80%
    Get Diamond from Coalchunk 20 times faster! Heat Level needed: 100%

Can also be used as a way of purifying. (Exctracto-like fonction, but faster and ... needing the thing you want to extract can't be damaged by Heat ^^ (i.e.: don't try to get Hydration Cells with, or to extract RubberTree)

Advanced-Thermal Solar Pannel:
    While exploring you've probably found a lot of glowstone at the top of caves. But have you ever thought about exploring caves very deep in this same Nether ? No ? So you probably don't know here are Darkstone. Why darkstone could interest you ? Because it's a perfect Black Body. This means ou could use it as a very efficient Light-Heat converter. And guess what ? Our great company already discovered a way of using it to produce EU! We are not responsible of the incredible rarity of this material, considered as 100% rare than Iridium Ore.
    Craft an A-TSP like this:
    :Coal Dust: :Force Field: :Coal Dust:

:Force Field: :Coal Dust: :Force Field:

:Advanced Circuit: :Reactor: :Advanced Circuit:
    Where :Coal Dust: are DarkDust and :Force Field: Advanced Lens Blocks.
    Advanced Lens Block are crafted with 8 Lens Block and 1 Diamond.
    Without anything, this will only produce 12 EU/t during the day, 2 while raining (day) and 0.25 during the night.*
    But there is a way to get more ...
    This incredible generator is able to use light reflected by Lens Block and Advanced Lens Block in a 9*9 square (with the A-TSP in the middle) to get even more energy!
    Lens Block will count as 0.5 EU more. But you should prefer Advanced Lens Block, wich will give you 3 additional EU/t !
    The ATSP need a 9*9 area empty of block up to the sky to work properly.
    Be aware that this device is also less laggy than low-tech Solar Pannels!

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• LoveitloveitloveitLOVEIT

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• Official Post

GregoriusT, first i'd like to thank you (again) for GregTech Cape, but nobody else rather than me can see the cape. Is it intended or "bug" due your hackish way to implement it?

Me Want Iron Man Suit naw, And the thing on post above too.

• Official Post

Suggestion:
    Extreme Temperature Furnace:
    This would basically be a very advanced furnace. It would have as purpose a few things:
    1- Processing materials in a new way, allowing you to get new processed materials, for new features.
    2- Helping Cooking-automation at the cost of ressources.
    3- Incredible speed while cooking (about 3-5 faster than Induction furnace, for bigger EU cost per operation and without efficienty when reaching 100% of heat --> if you aim at minimizing energy consumption, it would still be better than mass overclocking normal furnace, even if it would also be slower).

DUUUUDE, dont steal my electric Blast Furnace Idea. (I mentioned it ealier)

Advanced-Thermal Solar Panel

DUUUUDE, dont steal my Multiblock Solar Idea. (I mentioned that also earlier)

The Centrifugation of Pyrite-Dust doesnt seem to work anymore....

DUUUUDE, check the Changelog.

SpwnX: Woot!?! Thats a massive Bug!!!

• So long as the solar panels don't magically produce much much more energy from the same physical sized device. The amount of power hitting an area would have a cap, where 1 block worth should be nowhere near as much as a geothermal generator. one block of sunlight can't be as hot as one block of lava, if it were, you would burn.

Maybe have the advanced solar panels act like the railcraft things where they merge when placed together, so a single large panel can be made that covers 20x20 blocks or so? (that would be 400x the power generation of one)

• Your "possible features list" on your page states that alternate dimensions are a possibility for the future of this (giant) :D addon. Well I have an idea called a hyperspace tap. When you get to another dimension ( of course this would be very difficult to do) there will be eu in the surrounding space. And you must extract the eu from the surrounding area using a hyperspace tap. (this is balanced because the energy required to open a portal is probably 10 billion eu or something like that and the amount of eu you will gain is varied between 100 million and 1 trillion eu. Also included in your "planned features list" is the particle accelerator, first you should splice down material with a splicer to get particles (water would give 2 hydrogen atoms and 1 oxygen atom). Then you would smash the atoms together in the particle accerator, this will give various by products, always protons, neutrons and occasionally electrons. The various combinations of atoms in a atom assembler will give you basically every possible element on the periodic tabe, those elements could then be combined to make new materials HAYO! Rare products depend on the atoms being smashed together. Rare products include: positrons (antimatter counterpart to an electon), anti protons and (anti neutrons?), strangelets (very dangerous, look on Wikipedia for MOAR info), black holes (when smashing together matter) and white holes (when smashing together antimatter particles). Antimatter power (also listed on your "possible features" list can provide a lot of eu or explode violently (some what like nuclear reactors but produces way more power)). Putting together a black hole and a white hole crates a portal/wormhole? Needs to be opened with negative energy (also look on Wikipedia)? But the negative energy needs to exceed the dark matter in the area (dark matter is like a super gravity that will collapse a portal). Black holes can be used for various things like a Black hole energy storage device Which holds 100 billion eu there are also more types of storage like the Singularality storage device that holds nearly infinite eu. The ultimate form of power would be dark energy as it has a rare chance of spwaning in alternate dimensions. Check wikipedia!

I like physics! :thumbup:

• Since when does phisics come to minecraft? You can put dirt over you without it falling. Nuke reactors make eu without turbines or water...

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• Why jetpacks? Make Iron man suit (Tier 2,5) with lithium-based storage!
    Utility suit: Protect up to 60%, can fly (boots), charge tools (whole suit) , speed bonus (40% as quantum, leggings) , recharge suit overtime (integrated infinite fuel mini-nuclear reactor in chestplate, only active while player is wearing, outputs 2EU/t to whole suit), Lazor/tesla (auto-attacks hostile mobs, until charge is below 50%, helmet).

I don't want that, I just want a jetpack that doesn't need to be recharged every 5 minutes. (with lithium it would be every 50, a huge improvement)

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.