[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Could someone help me out with the recipe for the Cupronickel Heating Coil? It's not listed on the Wiki and does not show up on NEI, maybe it is bugged in this release, or disabled?
    Addon version 2.53d (latest).

It's made in the rolling machine (if Railcraft is installed). You put 4 Ingots of Copper or Nickel (can't remember) in the corners and 4 Ingots of the other material (Copper or Nickerl). I think you must have RC installed though.

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• Official Post

I was wondering if it is normal for omniwrench to get disabled, when this addon is installed. I found in this thread that as it seems omniwrench dismantles machines in a glitchy way, but is it possible to keep it activated? I prefer to have two tools on me, rather a whole arena of them, for the difference mods.

ID-Conflict. I look at the Source of Omniwrench to determine the Problem.

Ofcourse its as broken as the BC-Config. I will tell KingLemming about that.

All is good. On a side note, is it normal for the gregtech ids config to be empty?

Yes it is, I plan to use that File later to seperate ID's and Settings in two diffrent Files.

@Sheldonite: try disabling "Cooperite", you should know that its only called Sheldonite in the Lang-File.

• Greg have you ever used or considered adding compatibility to your mod with the Extra Bees mod for forestry.
    Especially now that forge has the BC liquids api inbuilt.

Acid
    Poison
    Liquid Nitrogen

being the 3 liquids this mod adds that may be interesting.
    Such as an additional method of cooling reactors, acid for use with your industrial grinder and poison... who knows perhaps something crop related.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/522072…bsite/bees/downloads.html

• After a search I haven't found this issue to be reported anywhere else so here goes!

In combination with the FTB mods Gregtech, IC2 and Gravisuit you can produce quite a good explosion without intending to by dropping all the machines on the same power line.

I had a couple tier 2 machines that were using redstone signals to idle at 100%, I dropped the Charge'O mat down next to the Induction furnace and the redstone single for the furnace immediately put the C'O'M into discharge mode which then sucked a bunch of energy out of my Gravisuit.

After that the MFSU exploded taking out the side of my house, chests and such. Several frantic minutes of picking stuff up ensued! :)

TL;DR

Can we set a toggle on the Charge'O mat to choose Charge or Discharge mode, or someway to limit the machines output visibly? I'm assuming that the Charge'O mat is outputting energy like the other GT machines do but the energy level is too high for the MFSU to absorb and thus *boom*

[edit]

Some testing on SSP indicates that the charge station outputs extreme high voltage, is that an oversight or intended?

- Sinai

• I wouldn't bother with extra bees atm it's buggy as hell (lol) yeah bad pun but it is still not stable enough even for me and I regularly run alphas\betas, expecting issues.

• Official Post

Lol, the Charge-O-Mat is only outputting Energy in Discharge-Mode (Redstoned). if you dont want explosions, then dont redstone it.

@ExtraBees: ARE YOU SERIOUS!?! This Mod corrupts Worlds, and causes Bugs which are worse than BCs! Unless that Mod gets much better coded, I will not include compatiblity with it.

• Fair enough, binnie seems to be working on getting stuff stable and working properly now, so perhaps in the not too distant future :P
    I may not of come across any of the world breaking issues due to not using any of the machines, Prefering all manual bee breeding.

• Any ideas on what to do with an over abundance of aluminium? I have stacks of blocks of it building up from my hydrogen plant (i use hydrogen cells to power my turtles, and am stockpiling for when i get the materials for a fusion reactor)

idea: add some sorta generic building material, maybe thin plates that act like redpower covers, but can be painted, made from either compressing aluminium blocks, or preferably from rolling machine.

• Being able to use aluminum or pretty much any other metal in addition to iron for railcraft tanks would be nice :)

• liquid nitrogen (LN2) should not be used for cooling reactors, it is one of the worst possible choices, due to being cold. coolant for a nuclear reactor must be very hot, the coolant is a heat exchanger, for getting the heat to somewhere it can be used to make electricity (ie turning water to steam for turbines, etc)

otherwise, LN2 has some nice industrial applications, such as HTc superconductors (for if you can't make roomtemp ones), cryo-coolant for systems that do not needs liquid helium temperatures, etc.

• Official Post

Any ideas on what to do with an over abundance of aluminium? I have stacks of blocks of it building up from my hydrogen plant (i use hydrogen cells to power my turtles, and am stockpiling for when i get the materials for a fusion reactor)

idea: add some sorta generic building material, maybe thin plates that act like redpower covers, but can be painted, made from either compressing aluminium blocks, or preferably from rolling machine.

Y U NO use Aluminium Blocks as building Material? They are Mobspawn Proof (like all GregTech-NonOre-Blocks), what means that even in absolute Darkness, no Mob can spawn on them!

• Y U NO use Aluminium Blocks as building Material? They are Mobspawn Proof (like all GregTech-NonOre-Blocks), what means that even in absolute Darkness, no Mob can spawn on them!

mainly cause i use which pixelmon prevents hostile mobs spawning, so i never thought about it, also the making smaller versions of the plates would make covering an entire base in aluminium much more feasible, I do have a few stacks of blocks, but would need many many more times to properly plate the base.

edit: the ability to paint them would be nice, like how anodized aluminium is relatively easy to colour irl.

edit: would aperture science turtle upgrades interfere somehow with the rock cutter? i can't seem to craft one.

• Lol, the Charge-O-Mat is only outputting Energy in Discharge-Mode (Redstoned). if you dont want explosions, then dont redstone it.

Ok this is not the response I was hoping for, please let me clarify.

No where does it state that your machine outputs EV, upon connecting the charging block it immediately destroyed half of my base. I didn't get the chance to choose if I wanted redstone or not it simply caused the MFSU to explode.

As a test I applied the same build setup but included a mass fabricator, needless to say rebuilding my base wouldn't have been possible.

All I want is to enjoy your excellent mod and not have myself or others have to rebuild my base repeatedly after losing vast amounts of expensive and time consuming work.

If it can be arranged somehow that the redstone behavior is toggled from within the machine similar to Thermal Expansion behavior then I would recommend that.

If the wiki can somehow be updated to advise people (I'll happily do it if necessary) that this machine has the potential to destroy much of what you build then that also would be advised.

(I have applied to the wiki and intend to update if accepted (and permitted), the page regarding the Charge'O Mat).

- Sinai

• Official Post

are there any plans to implement a use of slag? lots of it is building up, and i don't particularly want chests full of rockwool

Rockwool is intended to be used as building material, but if you don't like it you can recycle it or throw it in lava (or void pipe).

• Rockwool is intended to be used as building material, but if you don't like it you can recycle it or throw it in lava (or void pipe).

i guess i could go and re-texture it, i don't like the look of wool buildings :D

edit: On the Implosion Compressor:

why not also use it for HPHT production of carbon fiber from charcoal dust?
    if you have that much carbon fiber available, then it needs a use:

The carbon fiber -> carbon plates, which then could be used as a component for the walls of the fusion reactor, as the plans for the ITER utilize mainly carbon interior walls with an embedded lithium blanket (at least last time i checked that was the plan).

• 2.53d:

Calcium Carbonate - CaCO3 (in the game CaSO3)

and
    4 H-Cell + 1 C-Cell = 4 Methane Cell
    5 Methane Cell = 1 C-Cell + 4 H-Cell
    8|

Thank you for the good work

• 2.53d:

Calcium Carbonate - CaCO3 (in the game CaSO3)

and
    4 H-Cell + 1 C-Cell = 4 Methane Cell
    5 Methane Cell = 1 C-Cell + 4 H-Cell
    8|

Thank you for the good work

Gregtech is balanced, so re-crafting isnt lonely.