[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Any Bucket or Minecart made with any Vanilla/IC2/GregTech-Metals (except Iron ofcourse) is automatically removed to prevent exploits with reverse Macerating/AlloyFurnaceSmelting Buckets into Iron.

Well actually, the buckets they make aren't able to be put in the Alloy Furnace(as far as i know) or be macerated into iron, since the tin recipe in the mod literally makes a Tin bucket, not just the normal one, same deal with copper. the only machine recipes they have is being able to be filled and used. I am glad that you made your mod auto-disable that recipe though, since the exploit kinda ruins the fun.

Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing. - Abraham Lincoln

Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future. - John F. Kennedy

Edited once, last by Fallout301 ().

• Adamantium is a fictional metal. It does not actually exist. Therefore, it cannot be used in machinery without any known elemental traits. If it's indestructible, how would a player mine it or process it?
    It would also add nothing new for dust uses as I highly doubt a nearly indestructible metal would be made of the soft metals found in MC/IC2/GregTech.

Iridium is the closest metal to match Adamantium, there doesn't need to be 2 Iridiums.

"Being special is only good if it means you stand out above the rest. Not the kind of "special" that requires a caregiver to wipe your ass"

Edited once, last by VermillionX ().

• Official Post

Well actually, the buckets they make aren't able to be put in the Alloy Furnace(as far as i know) or be macerated into iron, since the tin recipe in the mod literally makes a Tin bucket, not just the normal one, same deal with copper. the only machine recipes they have is being able to be filled and used. I am glad that you made your mod auto-disable that recipe though, since the exploit kinda ruins the fun.

I have added an additional Check, if the outputted Stuff is REALLY a regular vanilly Bucket, otherwise my remover would also remove Boats and Soup Bowls.

@Adamantium: It's not an actual Material, its the shape of a crystalline Structure, like the one of Rubies (I think they were it, but I could be wrong as I dont want to look it up now) for example.

• That would be Adamantane, which is a crystalline chemical compound. It's used in lubricants.

"Being special is only good if it means you stand out above the rest. Not the kind of "special" that requires a caregiver to wipe your ass"

• My Machines currently cause graphical Lag (Clientside), with many Texture updates. I suggest to turn it OFF if you dont have a fast Graphics Card.

Ahh I know that I was wondering more if anyone knew a void mod that was not so bloatish. I think be cool have the power to create some kind rift to another world but only be empty space heh. Lag free space :P

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Ahh I know that I was wondering more if anyone knew a void mod that was not so bloatish. I think be cool have the power to create some kind rift to another world but only be empty space heh. Lag free space :P

Easy! No mods required.
    1. Create new superflat world.
    2. Go to presets.
    3. Delete all the numbers/letters at the top and replace them with a 0
    4. Create world.
    5. Enjoy your completely empty void world!
    Note: you will need some mod such as worldedit or mcedit to place at least ne block because the world will be COMPLETELY empty.

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• Official Post

That will be very usefull for an already running Survival Server...

Btw. I've taken measures to make my OreDict-Name-Detector a bit more annoying in the next Version. Then it will detect EVERYTHING (except the Objects I already know ofcourse). I have all the registered Stuff of IC², GregTech, Factoryzation, Forestry, Buildcraft, Thermal Expansion, Twilight Forest and EXBL already inside the OreDict-List (mostly ignored prefixes).

• Adamantium is a fictional metal. It does not actually exist. Therefore, it cannot be used in machinery without any known elemental traits. If it's indestructible, how would a player mine it or process it?
    It would also add nothing new for dust uses as I highly doubt a nearly indestructible metal would be made of the soft metals found in MC/IC2/GregTech.

Iridium is the closest metal to match Adamantium, there doesn't need to be 2 Iridiums.

You can't find adamantium in natural state. Its an alloy. You can craft it like all the movies or comics, mixing the compunds at high temperatures to get a liquid state, but when it get cooler, it solidificate in a indestructible compound that cannot be in a liquid state anymore. You can found Iridium, but you can't find adamantium. I think that it can replace iridium in some items, not to ba a "duplicated" material. Its a better material for high-tech tools, like the actual indestructible drill, nanosable, etc.

PD: Matterfabricator? Armour with forcefields preventing damage? efficient fusion power plants? Quantumchest? that's fictional too.

• Official Post

Matterfabricator? Armour with forcefields preventing damage? efficient fusion power plants? Quantumchest? that's fictional too.

But its SCIENCE Fictional, not MAGIC Fictional. Adamantium is more of a Magic indestructible Material, than a HighTech Alloy. The only Hightech-Applyance of it I know is Wolverine.

• But its SCIENCE Fictional, not MAGIC Fictional. Adamantium is more of a Magic indestructible Material, than a HighTech Alloy.

you are right. But it does not explain indestructible tools from IC2.

The only Hightech-Applyance of it I know is Wolverine.

here it is other aplications in comics, extracted from wikipedia.

• Rather than fictional Adamantine, why not use carbon instead....

Types of Carbon that i suggest to add:

CVD Diamond: (Chemical Vapour Deposition )

The current diamonds made in IC2 are made using the HPHT method of synthetic diamond production. I propose adding CVD diamonds as well. These have the main advantage of being able to be grown in large sheets (relatively cheaply as well), which are perfect for industrial applications such as Heat resistant windows, heat sinks, etc.

The thermal conductivity of diamond at room temperature: 3320W/(m-K)
    Peak Thermal conductivity of Diamond (104K): 41000W/(m-K) (note: perfect diamond is calculated to be closer to 200000W/(m-K)
    Thermal conductivity of copper: 385 -401W/(m-K)
    Note the list below (Helium II is cheating, it is a quantum fluid, so does not listen to classical thermodynamics)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_thermal_conductivities

Note that even impure diamond still has almost 3 times the peak thermal conductivity of copper.

Polycrystalline diamond makes near perfect bearings for devices where magnetic bearings are unfavourable. The polycrystalline diamond bearing will produce a layer of graphite on its surface, which will act like a lubricant.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthetic_diamond

Note: the impurity issues of CVD can be solved by using more expensive vacuum equipment.

Graphene Sheets:

These are very strong sheets, with numerous applications due to the strength, thermal and electrical properties (see the link above).

Carbon Nanotubes:

These are very strong, electrically conducting tubes, usually made using CVD. They have applications in both structural and electrical engineering. They can be used to make high quality displays (FED displays), as well as can be made into transistors, diodes, and other electronic devices.

Carbon VS adamantium:

First of all, Carbon actually exists.
    Carbon is exceptionally strong, very hard, and very light. Making it suitable for most things which adamantium is used for. (DF adamantine is also very light, therefore any noble who asks for warhammers made of it get to go lava diving)
    Making carbon in a useful manner is extremely difficult (but materials are cheap once machine is built)

The only properties carbon does not have that adamantine does are the "indestructable" and the possibilty for adamantine to be dense.

• Solar Panels directly connected to L.F.S.U. are not generating energy.
    I think LFSU should give more storage and energy output per block.

Yep. Or being compatible with some "Redstone energy Units" (lower Tier) and something of higher Tier.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Can you add a config for the wrench loss? Just to disable loss whenever you're using a wrench, if you use a pickaxe that it drops machine parts. I lost a few pieces of superconductor and it really pissed me off. It was much better before you put this in.

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• Official Post

Can you add a config for the wrench loss? Just to disable loss whenever you're using a wrench, if you use a pickaxe that it drops machine parts. I lost a few pieces of superconductor and it really pissed me off. It was much better before you put this in.

Right, some of the Machines (Superconductor) shouldnt have Wrench loss. Buffers and other simple Automation Devices, already have said Functionality of being lossless wrenchable. If you wrench a lossless (100%-Chance) Object with lossless Wrench Mode, you dont loose the EU for the useless lossless operation, as it would've been lossless anyways, btw.

• B:MMIngotOnlyRollingMachine=true and still can use crafting table in 2.60d for the mixed metal.

Additionally, I'm able to compress gregtech steel into blocks, but not RC steel, but can craft blocks of steel in the crafting table with either type. per my config settings, this shouldn't be allowed.

• That will be very usefull for an already running Survival Server..

Derp, didnt notice that kane wanted it on a server. Well, just take the empty world that I told you how to create and copy its data into a new world folder on a server.

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• Suggestion:

A high-tier machine that can supply EU wirelessly to all LV devices in a certain radius. Recipe should be expensive and should require end-game tech (iridium + titanium + chrome). Exact parameters can be tweaked, but it could be something like:

Name: RF Power Terminal
    Volume: 8 blocks in any direction i.e. 17x17x17
    Input: up to 128 EU/t
    Output: 8 EU/t to any LV-only device in the area that's not a transformer/energy storage unit. Alternatively, LV devices must be explicitly upgraded with a RF Power Receiver to accept EU, with each level of upgrade providing 2 EU/t
    Loss: 50% eu lost to wireless transmission (i.e to supply one device with 8 EU/t, machine will consume 16 EU/t)
    Underlying technology (for recipe etc): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resonant_inductive_coupling

This would be really convenient for powering translocators/buffers/sorters, especially in those pesky Forestry/Buildcraft/Railcraft automations where there is no natural source of EU wired close by.

• Right, some of the Machines (Superconductor) shouldnt have Wrench loss. Buffers and other simple Automation Devices, already have said Functionality of being lossless wrenchable. If you wrench a lossless (100%-Chance) Object with lossless Wrench Mode, you dont loose the EU for the useless lossless operation, as it would've been lossless anyways, btw.

There are more cables than machines so it would be definitely nice. Taking down 64 superconductors in lossless mode would take 640 000 EU which is really crazy. So... adding a config in the next version? Too bad 100% wrench addon isn't updated. I also tried making it myself but source won't decompile due to hundreds of errors so yeah... I'm stuck with wrench loss ;( (which is totally shitty if you ask me). I agree that machines should be removed with a wrench but to make the wrench occasionally lose your hard-made machines is just bollocks and I call shenanigans for that.

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

Edited once, last by SteveofDoom ().