[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Oh using Nikolite is a rather cheap way to get Diamonds. You need 1 Nicolite for 1 Tiny Dust. So every 4 Nikolite you get a Pile of Diamond-Dust. And Mining it is not really slow. A Silk-Touch Pick is a lot faster than the Rockcutter and not that hard to get. Also it would make a lot more sense to get Redstone as a secondary product. I would suggest making the grinding-recipe produce 10 Nikolite, 1 Redstone and 1 Tiny Pile of Glowstone-Dust.

This is what I tried telling others... Their like well manual mining lalala. ugh I do it all the time. I got already many stacks of the ore now :( I mean yeah its dust but it seems a tad op still for the worst ore in the game :P

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• I think its something that is a nice bonus if you take the time to manually mine the stuff. Some of the later diamond uses can get pretty hefty. I just got commissioned to setup an IDSU system for my server, that took it out of me :P (No im not running cheaper Sapphire/Ruby Lap crystal recepies) It seems like a fair tradeoff.

I could see it getting a bit wonkey using cheap lapatron crystals with redpower and the diamond setup, but even then, its not amazingly OP
    I really think some centrifuge recepie for the nikolite would be quite handy.

64x + 1 Cell = 48Redstone / 4 Tiny Diamond Dust / 8 Tiny Silver Dust / Lithium Cell

I say because a good mystcraft mining world, a bit of coal and a reasonable autocrafting system is much quicker and easier than manually digging up a bit of nikolite, also a 2nd method of getting lithium other than clay would be useful.

• It seems the Jack Hammer recipe is bugged in FTB Mindcrack pack. I tried making a Steel JH with steel I made in a Railcraft Blast Furnace, but it gave me an Iron JH...
    Looking in NEI it's very confusing as both the Iron JH and Steel JH cycle Steel as a build material, so I'm guessing there is a conflict here.

At first I thought it was something like "if you use both iron and steel you'll only get an Iron JH", but I used 3 pieces of steel and it still gave me an Iron JH.

If this is intended then it sure is confusing... how do I get the Steel JH then? Or is this intended as a way to disable the Steel JH?

I like the JH btw, its really a lot more efficient for digging than a mining drill and the 2 complement each other very nicely.

• Perhaps http://atomicstryker.net/minefactoryreloaded.html
    If that mod is there I have a faint memory of it registering its steel as refined iron

This is the default mod list on a quick inspection

• Official Post

Perhaps http://atomicstryker.net/minefactoryreloaded.html
    If that mod is there I have a faint memory of it registering its steel as refined iron

This is the default mod list on a quick inspection

• Obsidiplates

I canceled the ones out, from which I'm sure they arent doing that, leaving only one Mod left. Edit: What it was Traincraft? Didnt think about that.

And there is a Diffrence between refined Iron and Steel. Refined Iron is PURE Iron, while Steel has a small percentage of Carbon to make it stronger.

V2.73b:
    Fixed some Bugs and Glitches.

• Hmm, is pulverised obsidian supposed to be compatible with obsidian dust? Thermal expansion induction furnace doesn't accept Gregs obsidian dust. Gregs lead works fine tho.

• Small bug: upon upgrading to the new version (V2.73b), the time NEI takes to update it's list when searching for items gets a delay of 2~5 seconds. Last version i tried without that bug: 2.70d.

Using NEI 1.4.4.0 & CCC 0.7.0.0 & forge483.