Diamond Chainsaw

• Like it says, a diamond chainsaw, why is there a diamond drill, but no chainsaw? I LOVE the chainsaw, it would be great if there could be a diamond one.

The crafting sould be like this:

:Intergrated Plating::Industrial Diamond::Intergrated Plating:

:Industrial Diamond::Chainsaw::Industrial Diamond:
    :Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating:

:Intergrated Plating: =nothing

• Can you explain your idea a little more? Sure diamond chainsaw, I get the gist of what you are going for, but please explain things like how much eu per cut/attack, how much damage, how much internal storage, how fast it would cut trees, possibly charge rate, and why this is necessary, personally I don't think it is due to the damage done by the normal chainsaw which is what I mainly use it for until obtaining a nano saber so until these things are sorted I'm going to have to -1

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• 1. Add RE Battery to the recipe to improve EU storage;
    2. Make it sound when used, not when in hands (or just less loud);
    3. Get Eloraam permission to use it for Microblocks.

Add anything except shiny effect.

• 1. Add RE Battery to the recipe to improve EU storage;
    2. Make it sound when used, not when in hands (or just less loud);
    3. Get Eloraam permission to use it for Microblocks.

Add anything except shiny effect.

Microblocks? for what? Ic2 reciepes cant include parts from other mods because of obvious reasons.
    +diamond drill has the same storage as the stock drill.

• I think it is quite possible to use IC2 Diamond ChainSaw in RP2 Diamond Saw recipes.
    With help and permission of Nice_&_Mighty Eloraam of course.

+ if developers will like it, they can improve diamond drill too ;)
    ++ may be with Energy Crystal and Advanced Circuit, why not.

• I think it is quite possible to use IC2 Diamond ChainSaw in RP2 Diamond Saw recipes.

While it would probably be possible I think the point of the diamond saw is that you can spare 2 diamonds for something that will see little use in order to basically check that you don't start on complex redstone systems too early on, by including that ability you are going into borderline op by adding a huge use to an item with two big uses already

++ may be with Energy Crystal and Advanced Circuit, why not.

Now it's op, 10x the internal storage it already has on top of faster tree cutting and more damage?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Diamond Saw mostly holds Bluetricity, not Redstone.
    Diamond Saw cost 2 Diamonds while suggested Diamond Chainsaw 3. Plus Lapis and Glowstone if Advanced Circuit added to recipe. Not a starting item.
    Increased storage buffer can be balanced by increased EU consumption. Or make EU consumption decreased with the same 10K EU.

I would make Diamond ChainSaw even if it will be more quite. I hate that sound while Chainsaw selected.

• Official Post

I hate that sound while Chainsaw selected.

go to .minecraft\mods\industrialcraft-2-client_x.xx.jar\ic2\sounds\tools\Chainsaw and delete all sounds inside there.
    (Open ic2.jar with winrar or something like)

Have fun without the annoying chainsaw sound.

• about the battery: im not gonna suggest anything special, its just like drill->diamond drill, only with chainsaw

the changes from normal chainsaw: just like the chainges from drill to diamond, just with chainsaw

• the changes from normal chainsaw: just like the chainges from drill to diamond, just with chainsaw

And that would be what exactly? I understand that the diamond drill works faster for more energy, but would there be any increase in damage? If not I would personally never use this just because the normal chainsaw is fast enough already and I mainly use it as an upgraded iron sword

• go to .minecraft\mods\industrialcraft-2-client_x.xx.jar\ic2\sounds\tools\Chainsaw and delete all sounds inside there.
    Have fun without the annoying chainsaw sound.

I do not hate them all, just idle one. I'll experiment. Thanks.

about the battery: im not gonna suggest anything special, its just like drill->diamond drill, only with chainsaw
    the changes from normal chainsaw: just like the chainges from drill to diamond, just with chainsaw

Are you searching for obsidian tree?
    You've seen obsidian grass somewhere?
    You dream about Obsidian EU-Sheep?
    Oh, I know...
    You afraid Obsidian Creeper!

• i know there is only one obsidian, it would just cut faster, and attack more

It's already as fast as diamond just the way it is. Any "more" attacking would make it way to OP compared to the nano-saber.

overall it's a worthless idea.

• I don't think a diamond chainsaw fits IC2's style. A tree-cutting robot, maybe, but I imagine it to be too cumbersome to use unless it could chop down huge jungle trees almost instantly. There's treecapitator and ComputerCraft already, and the chainsaw is, in my opinion, fine.