Few ideas to push the electricity futher!

• Which parts do you like? 6

1. Electricity Counter (4) 67%
    2. BUD (3) 50%
    3. Wireless electricity (1) 17%
    4. Splitter Box (1) 17%
    5. Poluttery Generators (1) 17%
    6. Kinetic Energy (1) 17%
    7. >powercart (1) 17%
    8. PowerSwitch (1) 17%
    9. >stink bombs (0) 0%
    10. Wheat harvestor (0) 0%
    11. Animal repealller (0) 0%
    12. Animal Atractor (0) 0%

I would like to make a tekkit server, with town, citys, and villagers. And I thought if I would supply electricity to every person, I as Mayor would not be happy...
    ....So i thought why not have a electricity counter of what evey you want to call them....So once every so often I could go around and charge people depending on their usage...Its only fair if someone uses lots, and some use none!

I also thought what if I have a secret place, how should I get tons of wire, which people could spot, on far distances? The easiest method would be to get it through air, using radiostation like things (wirelessly!). This could work as wireless redstone, just you will have to set it up with a remote. I think there should be a remote assigned to each player, and universal one that overides them!(for architects, and Mayors). (There could be a loss set up in the machine (input) of about 0.55% default)

It would also come handy if there would be a splitter box, basically what wol dhappen is, you insert power in the input and have 5 outputs. If you right click the box you will is a gui, which alows you to choose how much energy to transfer to each output....it would act a batbox to store energy till it can br released (all at the same time). There would be a % option and a EUT N option, 1st one would send a certain % of the electiricity to each thing (always need to add up to 100) (this will send out the N of the % e.g. 5%, it would wait for 100 EUT and send out 5), and the other one will collect the energy untill it can be send out at the specific number, which could be maximum of 1.000 in total

I also have came up with 2 more electriciry generators, 1) That uses waste (pullutory) This could be a simple bin, where you throw items (mainly waste and raw meat) and then the inside will have gloopy, oilly, smelly look. You could make stink bombs out of it... (in real life they use the gasses produced)
    2) This one is real one too, Kinetic energy, not wind, but player or entity movement. You could link it somehow with the Rail plugin...This would be necause you could have carts on a track, and as they go they would pull a kinetic generator. This would be a heavy machine, which would require
    to move quickly in order to pruduce energy. It would slow down rapidly...it would require vannila booster every 4 blocks at least!. It could be train like, so its the producer<producer<booster cart (I think its called) and it would work just fine...

Another idea is somethine along the terraformer thing. The block will be like your farmer, so he would collect wheat, plant seeds, and give you the spear ones back. This would look like torcheswith green heads (ends). You would place 4+ (at least 1 per 4 blocks in radius, more to increase the speed), connect a pipe from underneath (the torch has to be on the pipe) and then it would deliver or pickup things needed. (this would only work with wheat, as its the only usefull food source easily obtainable). This thing will use electrical pipes to power the torch ( which could also be made) This could be controlled using power.

Power Switch, This would be a block wiht a leaver on. which would work as a powerswitch (electricity). This would disallow power to be transmitted throught the power block. or allow it if if its on!

Next thing is a siple BUD (block update detector). This would be a simple block waiting to have a BU. As soon as it gets it, it will emit a signal of redstone. This could be changed in the GUI to send signal after so many BU.
    The final 2 objects are the same but do oposite. Animal repealler, and animal attractor. The animal repealer will use electricity and repeal animals which are 10 blocks in radius (high pitch noise). Animal attractor will be a crate with the item given from te animal (this would be a chest like) This will attract only 1 animal per goody (2 sheeps are near, 1 wool inside, 1 sheep comes to it and takes its wool. (this could be with a drop so items aren't picked) The radius would about 30 max, depending on biome, wether...

• Electricity Counter On the to do list
    Wireless electricity DENIED DENIED DENIED a thousand times
    Splitter Box No opinion. souds ufefull but complicated
    Poluttery Generators NEW GENERATORS ARE DIENIED Just put stuff in a recycler and burn the scrap in the generator
    >stink bombs NEW WEAPONS ARE DENIED
    Kinetic Energy make a loop -> infinite energy... maybe if it would produce very small amounts of it but still it would draw the energy from the boosters wich is weird+new generators denied
    >powercart New vehicles are DENIED for now
    Wheat harvestor I dont really know but i believe it's been suggested and rejected
    PowerSwitch Just apply redstone current to batbox/mfe/mfu
    BUD What's that even usefull for? alarms ?
    Animal repealller DENIED
    Animal Atractor DENIED
    ----------------------
    The only thing i like on your suggestion that the content is well-mapped
    +Tekkit users and users what make a thread as first post get flamed on this forum beware

• BUD What's that even usefull for? alarms ?

BUDs are extremely useful in the creation of traps such as one I made so that when someone burns something in a furnace the floor drops out under them, but other than that I agree with your consensus entirely

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Official Post

BUDs are extremely useful in the creation of traps such as one I made so that when someone burns something in a furnace the floor drops out under them, but other than that I agree with your consensus entirely

BUDs are so easy to Code, but i saw absolutely NO MOD, which has a One-Block-BUD-Detector. Guess what i make after figuring out how to do SMP.

And now to the Suggestion and i will use Comic Sans to kill everyone:

Electricity Counter:
    on TO-DO-LIST

Wireless electricity:

DENIED

Splitter Box:

Sounds like the AMFSU from SpwnX recent Suggestion.

Poluttery Generators:

There are so many other Possibilities for recycling Garbage, like Massfabrication or getting Ingots from metallic Stuff via RP-Alloyfurnace, and not forgetting the Thaumium Crucible, where also Stuff goes to.

stink bombs:

LOOOL, INDUSTRIAL-CONFLICT-LIST

Kinetic Energy:

Threadmills got denied.

powercart:

Try Railcraft or Steves Carts if Vanillacarts are not complex enough

Wheat harvestor:
    Sorry but any kind of harvesting Crops automatically, is intentionally not allowed (They even made the Deployer incompatible to do so)

PowerSwitch:

You know what a Splittercable is, or?

BUD:

I like that Idea and will add it to my Addon, as soon, as i think it could be done.

Animal repealller:

Snowgolems can prevent every Mob from coming too close.

Animal Atractor:

I heared Wheat could do the same.

• BUDs are so easy to Code, but i saw absolutely NO MOD, which has a One-Block-BUD-Detector. Guess what i make after figuring out how to do SMP.

In tekkit there is some BUDs but they only detect weired stuff like tree growth, or tnt explosion...there isn't a universal one, which could do everything

BUD What's that even usefull for? alarms ?

It is to simplyfy things. Some people use it as traps, some people use it for codes, and some people use it for adventure...

• In tekkit there is some BUDs but they only detect weired stuff like tree growth, or tnt explosion...there isn't a universal one, which could do everything

It is to simplyfy things. Some people use it as traps, some people use it for codes, and some people use it for adventure...

You mean cart type detectors from railcraft,they arent buds.
    and you obviously dont understand what a bud is good for. you just quoted me (for traps) didint understand what greg said (code) and how the hell u use a bud for adventure?

• Official Post

You mean cart type detectors from railcraft,they arent buds.

A BUD is for detecting Blockchanges like breaking Blocks, moving Blocks, activating Furnace, insert Musicdiscs into Jukebox, detect Wheatgrowth and many other usefull things. And there are no BUD-Blocks in Tekkit, these are just Cartdetectors.

How the hell do you use a BUD for Adventure?

Traps are Adventure.

• Quote from 'GregoriusT

i saw absolutely NO MOD, which has a One-Block-BUD-Detector

Better than wolves has two BUDs, the detector block that detects updates on the front and the buddy block that reacts to changes of any adjacent block.

The laser mod has a laser ray that detects in a straight line (unsure what the maximum distance was) and it can - if configured correctly - even differentiate between blocks, items, mobs and players.

• Better than wolves has two BUDs, the detector block that detects updates on the front and the buddy block that reacts to changes of any adjacent block.

The laser mod has a laser ray that detects in a straight line (unsure what the maximum distance was) and it can - if configured correctly - even differentiate between blocks, items, mobs and players.

I think he meant out of the mods included in Tekkit as that's what the op wanted, also Better Than Wolves is, last I checked, not forge compatible therefore useless in the IC2/Redpower world

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Official Post

Better than wolves has two BUDs, the detector block that detects updates on the front and the buddy block that reacts to changes of any adjacent block.

Isnt BTW that "completly incompatible with everything"-Mod? It doesnt count.

• Someone call the Asshole. He does the best Ew Tekkit on the block.

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• A lot of good information already, but I'll agree with some and offer additional information.

Selling EU: While I am personally hopeful for the Energy-o-Mat's return, the current thought on selling EU is the Sell-O-Mat (and maybe the Item-O-Mat)

• Craft Electrolyzer in your house
    • Go to Sell-o-Mat
    • Buy electrolyzed cells
    • Put in your Electrlyzer
    • Deposit the cell into a machine that will recharge the cell and put it back in the Sell-O-Mat

Splitter Box: Suggested during the IC1/IC2 crossover . Also on the "Outdated" List in the Compendium as "(What we know about the current Energy System is Outdated)"

Kinetic: First, Static Boots (not really what you wanted, but a similar idea for pedestrians). Second, cheers on making it slow down the cart. However, I'm unsure if that would really be balanced if you had to double or triple your boosters in order to get a small amount of EU; as well as the 'loop' comment earlier.

Power Switch: Link to wiki for Splitter Cable

Animal Attractor/Repulser: One of my own suggestions (Draconic Reply) . Sadly, cannot be implemented without touching the base-files, and animal support not forgified.

Thanks