Tapping trees

• Currently to gain rubber one must shove a treetap into the tree and pull it out again, and over doing this will render the tree infertile. Instead some sort of bucket with the tree tap should be hung onto the tree, it would be left over time and when the player would come back to the tree he would find more resin! My suggestion is not to turn the resin itself into a liquid. Maybe a system could be implemented were the more leaves or how tall the tree is the greater the production of resin this will allow for more selective growing and realistic tree treatment, i mean really... if you cut off all the leaves of a real rubber tree do you really think it will still produce sap? I know this is possible, just look at he new snapshot with cocoa plants growing on jungle tree! will it be too hard to do something like this with rubber trees?

• FFS does nobody knows what the search bar is for?!

http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=7208

Its not even that fucking old since its on the second page of this subforum!

• Currently to gain rubber one must shove a treetap into the tree and pull it out again, and over doing this will render the tree infertile. Instead some sort of bucket with the tree tap should be hung onto the tree, it would be left over time and when the player would come back to the tree he would find more resin! My suggestion is not to turn the resin itself into a liquid. Maybe a system could be implemented were the more leaves or how tall the tree is the greater the production of resin this will allow for more selective growing and realistic tree treatment, i mean really... if you cut off all the leaves of a real rubber tree do you really think it will still produce sap? I know this is possible, just look at he new snapshot with cocoa plants growing on jungle tree! will it be too hard to do something like this with rubber trees?

FYI, I don't think anyone that matters as far as getting anything implemented looks at these forums to often, what you will see if you look thru a few threads is FenixR going full tard on almost everyone that posts like he owns and maintains the mod. I think your idea is good and that this sight has piss poor moderation and some of worst forum users I have had the displeasure of communicating with (if you'd call it that)

• FYI, I don't think anyone that matters as far as getting anything implemented looks at these forums to often, what you will see if you look thru a few threads is FenixR going full tard on almost everyone that posts like he owns and maintains the mod. I think your idea is good and that this sight has piss poor moderation and some of worst forum users I have had the displeasure of communicating with (if you'd call it that)

FenixR going "full tard" as you say is completely justified here, if the ops of the threads such as this one, and to a lesser extent you, are not going to take the time to read and understand the rules of the forum, why the hell should anyone take the time to make a constructive response to anything they have to suggest?

TL;DR I'll learn to manage being an asshole when people learn to manage their stupidity

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Threadjacking to get an opinion before I make an actual topic.
    I'm thinking of a solution how to manage both stupidity and assing around.

There are a lot of annoyances in the suggestion threads. So many that using the fear of getting flamed is a necessary means of enforcing a certain level of quality. But that's not all.
    This is mainly because a traditional forum isn't fit for that kind of thing:

- Good threads get lost because of stupid new suggestions
    - Only way to tell the "validity" of a poster is the post count
    - Dead threads that get bumped due to off-topic banter

I'd like to either move the suggestion section to somewhere with a "reddit-ish" voting functionality or include it into the forum if that's something that can be done rather easily. (Obviously no experience on that topic.)

- Good threads get bumped to the top for the devs to see
    - Repeated suggestions and irrelevant can quickly be downvoted into oblivion
    - Quick view of the quality of the post / poster

• I definitely like the idea because then good suggestions wouldn't just get buried beneath the slew of crap ones, but I'm not certain the current forum software is capable of doing this, if it is then I am all for it

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Building on that idea some more, why not also make a pinned topic where each person can upload all their suggestions to (with the already-approved/denied stuff, as well)? It might save time, and it'd certainly save me the trouble of wading back through all the other topics to find the ones I made months ago.

• Building on that idea some more, why not also make a pinned topic where each person can upload all their suggestions to (with the already-approved/denied stuff, as well)? It might save time, and it'd certainly save me the trouble of wading back through all the other topics to find the ones I made months ago.

It becomes annoying to read. Each idea having its own thread (With a fucking clear to read title) makes it easier for the Devs to check ideas, especially the ones they find interesting/might work out with the theme of the mod.

• It becomes annoying to read. Each idea having its own thread (With a fucking clear to read title) makes it easier for the Devs to check ideas, especially the ones they find interesting/might work out with the theme of the mod.

Or to find the ones you want to char-broil the most. So many suggestions, so little time.