Replicator/UU-matter converter!

• From the obvious and probably-already-been suggested department, how about a machine that accepts UU-matter as input and can output a specified amount of a specified material? For instance, inputting one matter, taking one piece of wood, and the machine retains a 87.5% "charge", since normally you get 8 wood for one matter.

I think one of the arguments against this in the past was the supposed "secret" nature of the UU-matter recipes, but here's the issue with that: All the recipes are right there on the bloody Tekkit wiki, so the situation we have here is annoying noobs having a better idea of how uu-matter works than actual IC users. I really don't think that secret thing is serving anyone, and having a convenient way to get stuff from matter would be pretty awesome. You could even skip matter entirely and have a target-item function like the EE cheat machines on the mass fab.

• This isn't even really about giving in, it's more about adapting a system that's convenient, cool, and doesn't change gameplay balance.

But...

So because "The Clusterfuck that shall not be named" is being fucking annoying showing things that should not be showed, we must change the way this mod works just because of that? Dood thats so wrong in so many levels.

Must? No. Should? Yes. You have to change to accept reality sometimes. You don't ever negotiate with terrorists, but you do have to take off your shoes at airports. That sucks but it's better than getting blown up.

• That whole "secret UU recipe" thing is utter nonsense. Why should everybody try 512 combinations to find how iridium is made?

Come on I have found irridium recepoie in about less than 30 min it was easy becouse it would cost much i took 8 and 7 matter and found really fast

• I still don't find it as a valid excuse/reason for change. Besides those recipes where never really that secret if you used the Recipe Book or Craftguide and i know at least one of those is older than "The Clusterfuck that shall not be named"...

This. Its always been relatively easy to look up the recipes if you want to, but the thing is you have to decide you want to do that rather than experimenting yourself.

Still the idea has potential for being used to make things outside the regular UU Matter recipes, sort of like Thaumcraft's duplicator. Though I'm hesitant to suggest a feature that is available in another mod.

• What if instead of an autocrafting machine, it replaces regular crafting and must be used to turn mater in to an object.

9 UU to a diamond too cheap, why not half a stack of mater :P.

(could be configurable?)

• How about no? 9 UU-Matter is to me the equivalent of almost an entire MFSU, how is that too cheap? By your math a single iridium ore would take about 25 UU-Matter and therefore a q suit would cost at least 1000 UU-Matter or the equivalent of 1 billion eus, yep completely too cheap

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Half a stack was a joke, and as I said configurable.

But later in the game, with a good power supply 9 is still can be too cheap.

• *reads suggestion*
    *sees the words 'Tekkit', 'EE', and 'secret iz a joke'*

You're a moron... UU-Matter functions are fine. I kinda don't even bother with them because I find other ways to get what I need, and know the value of resourcefulness to achieve my means...

Besides, UU-Matter is a joke compared to EE anyway because of how broken EE is... If you want to take UU-Matter seriously, then uninstall EE and play without it.

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• *reads suggestion*
    *sees the words 'Tekkit', 'EE', and 'secret iz a joke'*

You're a moron... UU-Matter functions are fine. I kinda don't even bother with them because I find other ways to get what I need, and know the value of resourcefulness to achieve my means...

Besides, UU-Matter is a joke compared to EE anyway because of how broken EE is... If you want to take UU-Matter seriously, then uninstall EE and play without it.

You're the moron. Nowhere did I say I actually use EE; I'm just familiar with the interface on the EE machines. Nor do I use tekkit, and I even spell "is" correctly.

I mean, seriously? If you're going to throw out insults - which is fine, I do it on occasion, you should:
    1. Learn English
    2. Learn to fucking read it
    3. Re-read the post you're insulting to make sure you're not about to make a huge ass of yourself.

I give your post a 0/10, and may God have mercy on your soul.

• I think you'll find that the point is still valid due to the simple nature as to how and why UU-Matter is designed. When it was introduced, it was a game changing mechanic that made seeking high yield energy production worthwhile. If you keep in mind that this was during IC1, you can clearly see how keeping such a 'new thing' was meant to be challenging and secretive as to inspire a bit of adventure for scientific endeavor within the game...

Since you want to claim the 'creditable source' of the Tekkit wiki for all the UU-Matter recipes, then you forget that Tekkit does everything in its power to exploit mods. Revealing secrets and work-around's against mod balance is part of the pack's specialty. Asking for us to develop mechanics that go against the very nature of the mod itself is just as idiotic as posting a lighting rod suggestion...

So Good day, sir...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Can we not start another flame-war here?

MinecraftCreeper =Ahh fuck!
    :Nuke TNT: = SHIT!
    MinecraftCreeper+ :Nuke TNT: =SWEET MOTHER OF GOD, WE ARE ALL CLUSTERFUCKED!!!!

I think you'll find that the point is still valid due to the simple nature as to how and why UU-Matter is designed. When it was introduced, it was a game changing mechanic that made seeking high yield energy production worthwhile. If you keep in mind that this was during IC1, you can clearly see how keeping such a 'new thing' was meant to be challenging and secretive as to inspire a bit of adventure for scientific endeavor within the game...

Yeah, I remember; I first used IC a few days after the mass fab was added. But that was.... what? I don't even know. A couple years ago probably. I don't understand how you figure that keeping mechanics added years ago a secret makes your point valid.

And I'm not suggesting a single thing that "goes against the nature" of the mod. I'm simply suggesting that it does the exact same thing it does now... except better. Which is why I consider it a worthy suggestion.
    Like, you know, how the nuclear reactor does the same thing now as it did in IC1... except better.
    Or the geothermal.
    Or the mining laser.
    Or wires themselves.

Keeping the exact same mechanics while adding a GUI is my suggestion... and that relates to Tekkit's exploitation how? It doesn't. "But it's supposed to be a secret" is simply one of the most often quoted defenses against suggestions like this one, and in light of Tekkit's exploitation, one that simply no longer makes sense. It only appears as if their wiki has better documentation than ours.

• Not sure why everyone always brings up the 'secret' thing. Whether they are or not doesn't matter in this situation.

The waste you have is another cost/inefficiency of using UU-matter, we're already getting an easy ride creating resources using energy matter!

Maybe its because you've used EE changing something into something else isn't too big of a deal. (Not hating, just drawing a conclusion). As you said yourself it could be like EE, well EE already does that. Just use that. I'm pretty sure everything you can make out of UU can be condensed in EE.

For those that use Tek-mods without EE, making a scarce resource suddenly appear is like divine intervention! :P Such amazing powers must come a terrible cost. Those 7 extra pieces of wood (and 200,00EU) is that cost. Also I'm sure you don't want those 7 pieces of wood now but you will probably use them later! ;)

tl;dr There is nothing wrong with the current way it works, leave it as is.