Suggestion(s): Waterfall power generation and uranium enrichment for nukes

• Hello there, this is my first post so let me say how much you people rock for developing one of the best Minecraft mods out there and my personal all-time favourite :D

That said, there are a few details that have always bugged me :p

The first one is about hydroelectric power generation. Unfortunately, it has always felt slightly weak and unrealistic to me.
    So, my suggestion would be to have the "unmanned" water mill power output based upon the height difference between the source block of the water flowing around it and the generator itself. Maybe something like 1eu/t every 30 blocks of difference, capped at 60 blocks and 2 eu/t.

Now, I don't know how complicated this would be to code, but It should be possible, given how RedPower pumps can work their way from flowing water up to a water source.

My second suggestion would be to substitute uranium ingots with enriched cells in the nuke recipe. My feeling is that such a powerful explosive should be much more difficult to craft, especially if you're on a server. Besides, it would kind of simulate the process you have to go through IRL to produce weapon-grade uranium.

• Oh snap! I did make a search before posting.

What was of that old thread? Altough the idea of calculating height differences was only mentioned there.

• As for Nuke, I agree with you, it's too easy to get, I think nuke should be crafted with enriched Ura, for example like that:
    Uranium Ingot --> Compressor: Produce 1 Enriched Uranium Ingot.
    Put it in a cells, and fuel it as for depleted isotope cells, and you'll get Enriched Uranium Cells/Plutonium cells (I KNOW plutonium has already been denied, this is just a name and it would just be used to create nuke)
    After that, use the current craft, or maybe with one more to make it more expensive, as using 4 "Plutonium Cells" to craft something like a "Plutonium Ingot", that you would instead of the Uranium Ingot to craft Nuke.
    Maybe be it should be a part of Industrium Conflict, thinking it's useful for PvP, not for RP.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Nukes are way too easy to craft. They should cost: 1 Uraniumblock + 4 ITNT + 3 Refined Iron + 1 Advanced Circuit

As for Nuke, I agree with you, it's too easy to get, I think nuke should be crafted with enriched Ura, for example like that:
    Uranium Ingot --> Compressor: Produce 1 Enriched Uranium Ingot.
    Put it in a cells, and fuel it as for depleted isotope cells, and you'll get Enriched Uranium Cells/Plutonium cells (I KNOW plutonium has already been denied, this is just a name and it would just be used to create nuke)
    After that, use the current craft, or maybe with one more to make it more expensive, as using 4 "Plutonium Cells" to craft something like a "Plutonium Ingot", that you would instead of the Uranium Ingot to craft Nuke.
    Maybe be it should be a part of Industrium Conflict, thinking it's useful for PvP, not for RP.

Then nukes would be too hard to craft.

Think that you can't make uranium out of UUmatter, and if you use reactors actively that will make nukes even harder to craft.

And nukes are so much fun and so usefull.

So please don't.

I'm fine with the actual recipie and more if we could use enriched cells.

• There's this mod: [Addon v1.95/1.97 SSP/SMP] Nukes from Uranium Cells which allows one to craft nukes from uranium cells instead of ingots (giving you a reason to make a breeder reactor). It would be a pretty simple task to tweak the recipe allowing you to make nukes from re-enriched isotope cells instead.

GENERATION (Pineapple + i): The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.