Rubber Boots nullify Tesla Coils

• This makes sense, really. The rubber soles of the boots should be able to redirect any harmful electricity into the ground, so if you're wearing a pair being struck by lighting, being electrified by an uninsulated wire, or being zapped by tesla coils should be negated. This means that humans (at least intelligent ones) will be able enter a tesla-protected area whereas mobs cannot. Additionally, it would makes sense if the damage taken by electricity is increased when wearing metal boots, or any type of metal armor, for that matter.

• I'm pretty certain if you got struck by lightning while wearing rubber boots your reaction as you fall to the ground would be something like this "The boots! They do nothing!" I'm going to have to go with no here

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I'm pretty certain if you got struck by lightning while wearing rubber boots your reaction as you fall to the ground would be something like this "The boots! They do nothing!" I'm going to have to go with no here

A lightning is one thing, A much weker tesla coil is another. (maybe mc lightning is weak but still, let's say the eu packets are bigger) Vanilla lightning should kill in one shot. (Still that's a vanilla,not mod matter)
    Remember this suggestion is based on tesla coils nto natural lightning.

• The rubber soles of the boots should be able to redirect any harmful electricity into the ground

If they would, they would HELP killing you. What they would do if your suggestion was implemented is that they would prevent the electricity from going from you into the ground, so the lightning wouldn't go through you at all. However, the lightning went through several meters of air and is stills trong enough to kill you, so it would probably just go through the air right next to the boots. So no for the boot-idea.

Additionally, it would makes sense if the damage taken by electricity is increased when wearing metal boots, or any type of metal armor, for that matter.

Helmet and boots, yes. If you have every armor piece made of metal, the damage should actually be negated because the armor would be a Faraday cage.

EDIT: Quantum boots/helmet shouldn't increase the damage because of it's high-tech forcefield, even tough it's made of a metal.

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• I must disagree here, because electricity chooses the easiest way down, and that's trough the legs, not trough the air. electicity causes more damage going trough the whole body and then trough the legs. If you wear insulating gear the lightning woud just ignore you and not even strike at you.
    And about the iron armor. If you would wear full iron armor, the electricity woud rather go trough your armor than trough your body,causing minimal damage: faraday cage effect,just like i don't now said

• Huh? He just said that, even if the rubber boots had infinite resistance, seeing as the lightning has already punched through very much air, it's probably able to bypass the air surrounding the shoes. If rubber had infinite resistance, going through it wouldn't be the "easiest way", right?

• Lightning can and does weird things. I've heard stories of lightning striking 100 yards from a house traveling through the ground and short circuiting and literally blowing all the wires and appliances in a house. Even ones connected to surge protectors (which yes can be overloaded). Giant holes in the yard Electric well pump didn't work the fuse box was blown across the room and hit the wall and smashed it to bits. While yes this lightning blast was extremely powerful it can still happen. Also lightning crowning like fire going from the top of a tree to another tree top.

That's a rather cool idea, but a lone tree is suspicious, better plant some more. So really... forget about solar-flowers, solar-trees are the next generation :P

• FUN FACT: Just because it isn't raining doesn't mean you're safe. Lightning can strike 10 MILES from any sort of rainfall.

Back on topic, this idea has some merit, but I don't think it would negate the effects of a coil entirely. Some of those bolts would still find a path to the ground, one way or another.

• ^ So glad I read spoilers. Yeah that is odd. I forgot to add my oppinion. Good if its a slight reduction. Not full on immunity. Doesn't affect lightning though.

That's a rather cool idea, but a lone tree is suspicious, better plant some more. So really... forget about solar-flowers, solar-trees are the next generation :P

• Hazmat suit should give full resistance, not the boots only.
    I think decrease range for Rubber boots wearers and increase it for metal armor wearers would be good.

• Only way that much resistance would last long is if you use the EE2 Talisman of Repair with a shitload of Covalence Dust in your inventory.

• Only way that much resistance would last long is if you use the EE2 Talisman of Repair with a shitload of Covalence Dust in your inventory.

70%-90% of us don't use EE cuz we think it breaks the balance of any other mod.

So... Faraday armor?