Use for Buildcraft Oil and Fuel in IC2

• I did a search and didnt find this anywhere, so here goes:

I think that when a buildcraft liquid pipe is connected to a canning machine, oil and/or fuel could be pumped into the canner and can the oil/fuel into cells.
    Fuel and oil cells could be used as a stackable way to store fuel and oil
    Fuel cells could be canned into a fuel can
    oil and fuel cells could be burned in a generator for eu
    and any other uses anybody comes up with i will post here

So, what do you think? (flamers, critics, and +1s are all welcome :) )

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• Forestry already provides machine, which does exactly this. Forestry cans cost exactly the same and are also stackable (unfortunately they don't work in IC2 recipes).

(unfortunately they don't work in IC2 recipes).

This can easily be adjusted via an application of Custom Recipes if one so chooses to do so..

Now for SMP, that's a different story, because afaik Custom Recipes only works for SSP...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Forestry already provides machine, which does exactly this. Forestry cans cost exactly the same and are also stackable (unfortunately they don't work in IC2 recipes).

Forestry already provides machine, which does exactly this. Forestry cans cost exactly the same and are also stackable (unfortunately they don't work in IC2 recipes).

I know that, but it uses MJ not eu, and I think this would be a good use of canning machine.

Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,

• There's an addon and a mod (power converters) that I think does pretty much what this suggestion suggests with the addition of a few other things aimed at buildcraft compatibility

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• That generates eu from oil and has nothing to do with the canning machine.

• That generates eu from oil and has nothing to do with the canning machine.

Power converters doesn't use the canning machine but it does allow you to put a fuel bucket into a fuel can

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

Power converters doesn't use the canning machine but it does allow you to put a fuel bucket into a fuel can

That's at an extreme loss to the energy value of the bucket, though... You'd be better off just using [Addon 1.97]Transformers v1.3 - Convert IC2 & BC energy back & forth! instead...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• May I interject my own personal opinion, and the BC-IC2 Crossover mod. Not only does it provide Petrochemical Generators, which can generate EU from Oil and Fuel, it also provides Small, Medium, Large, and Industrial Electric engines, which run off of EU/t and convert directly to BuildCraft Energy.

ummm, that's the exact addon I linked in my first post in this thread

• I like this suggestion.
    Also Pump should be able to place any liquid in world into Bucket and Cell. Can it?

And addon seems outdated.

• Official Post

IC²BC-Crossover is too buggy, to use it.

Powerconverters are a bit cheaty (1:1 conversion), i prefer Forestrys electrical Engines and a Fuelbased Generator

Oiluses in Generator was suggested by me, but it has indeed, nothing to do with the Canningmachine.

I agree, that the Canningmachine should have a Fuelmeter (like Machines in Forestry), which can be used to fill Fuelcans, even when i dont use BC and its Addons.