[Questions] About the most recent Release

• Official Post

How to install the Mod itself:
    DOWNLOAD
    You can (and actually, must) install IC² by dropping the downloaded JAR-file into your mods-folder. If there is none, install ModLoader and just start-up minecraft once for it to be automatically created. It is located inside your .minecraft directory.

I marked a complete Fail... And now the Questions to the Changelog:

1.98:
    - Fully disabled crop trampling

Really fully disabled, so that only the Farmland can break them?

1.99:
    - Increased energy per damage taken on Nano Suits and Quantum Suits

So that it does consume more Energy, after getting damage, or?

1.100:
    - Improved energy network handling of multiple destinations

Does that mean, that you can now hook up more than one Energyconsumer, to your normal Generators, without having that Storeissue?

1.101:
    - Reduced Water Mill bucket-manned output to 1 EU/t

Arrrgh! Now i need twice as much of them. But now the Question: Is it still 2000EU per Liquidcontainer?

• I'm just really happy about the

Mass Fabricators can use Scrap Boxes as amplifier

part, assuming it is 9x, now I can store 9x the amplification in the same slot!

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

The "implemented-in-next-version-of-ic2"-Scrapbox-As-45000-Massfabamplifier. I will remove that in the 1.3.2-Version of IC², because it got added to Core-IC²

I was already able to do so in 1.97 :D

... You know what I meant

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I have tried to install Forge 4.0 and Mod-loader to get Industrial Craft to load, but the Forge Mod Loader prevents me from loading Minecraft.
    I have tried all the 4.0 versions but they don't work.
    Could someone tell me how to install Industrial Craft
    (I have followed the instructions on the Wiki w/ no luck.)

• I have tried to install Forge 4.0 and Mod-loader to get Industrial Craft to load, but the Forge Mod Loader prevents me from loading Minecraft.

I'm pretty sure that Mod-loader is unnecessary to installing industrialcraft, start fresh, just put Forge version 3.3.7 in your minecraft.jar, run minecraft, drop industrialcraft.jar in the mods folder, run minecraft and make sure it works

in the event that the above directions do not work, please consult the

part of the most recent public releases post which may be able to offer additional help

• My question is that: Which Buildcraft should we be using (hush Greg, I need ma tele pipes!)?

I found the Jenkins build for 3.1.6.102 version of BC, is this what we need to be using now in order to ensure the compatible features added in this latest release of IC2?

I know it sounds like a BC question, but it's more of a cross-compatibility question, as I would like to take advantage of the new Coolant cell feature and such...

P.S.: Anyone tested their add-on's yet against this IC build?

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Official Post

I have tried to install Forge 4.0 and Mod-loader to get Industrial Craft to load, but the Forge Mod Loader prevents me from loading Minecraft.

Forge 4.0 is for minecraft 1.3.2. It doesn't work with 1.2.5, duh.

• Forge 4.0 is for minecraft 1.3.2. It doesn't work with 1.2.5, duh.

Just rechecked the Industrial Craft Wiki, The wiki said the update was for Buildcraft 3.2!
    oops..
    I feel so stupid, SORRY guys! Thanks Alblaka for making this clear to me

• I thought IC2 for MC 1.3.2 would finally be out :/ well, then I need to wait a little more till I can start my new server (cause I want the new features on the map :D ) Btw: who can recommend a good hosting site for MC-Server (with mod-support). A german site would be nice (for paying a.s.o.).

Until then I'm going to test this new IC2 in SSP :)

• Official Post

I'm pretty sure that Mod-loader is unnecessary to installing industrialcraft, start fresh, just put Forge version 3.3.7 in your minecraft.jar, run minecraft, drop industrialcraft.jar in the mods folder, run minecraft and make sure it works

in the event that the above directions do not work, please consult the

part of the most recent public releases post which may be able to offer additional help

I marked the Fail, AGAIN.

MagusUnion: Teleportpipes? Seriously? Enderchests, IC²-Teleporters or Magtubes are the Way to go!

1.100:
    - Fixed enchanted IC2 armor and tools not having a blue name

Enchantments are back?
    Or do we get a config option to re enable them?
    Or is it only for cheata? ;(

• Official Post

You DO realize I've removed that part from the OP about an day ago?

Enchantments are back?
    Or do we get a config option to re enable them?
    Or is it only for cheata? ;(

Changelog refers to the colored names of high-tier (aka 'enchanted') items. F.e. QuantumSuit has blue text color, NanoSuit yellow one.

• Official Post

It was still there while i quoted, and it has not shown your edit in the "this Post has been edited 1 time by RichardG". I guess it doesnt show your edits. But now it's fixed.

IC2 teleporters can move stuff that's not a player or mob?

Yes they can since, moment... i think 1.97 or the Version before that.

Enderchests, IC²-Teleporters or Magtubes are the Way to go!

Oh gee, let me spend all that valuable energy/resources on moving my fuel around >.>

The only time I need to use Ender storage is when I have to move stuff en-mass from the Nether and back, and since I've found other methods around that tedious transportation of fuel, I can usually keep most of my Nether business in the Nether...

(And let's be honest, that Water mill nerf was a bit overdue... Need to buff unmanned now imo...)

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Quoted from "GregoriusT"

BTW: The Wiki install Page still refers to the old recuriment:

For playing install the following mods in the SAME order in to your minecraft.jar:

Changelog refers to the colored names of high-tier (aka 'enchanted') items. F.e. QuantumSuit has blue text color, NanoSuit yellow one.

Damm an Option would be nice :/

• It was still there while i quoted, and it has not shown your edit in the "this Post has been edited 1 time by RichardG". I guess it doesnt show your edits. But now it's fixed.

Yes they can since, moment... i think 1.97 or the Version before that.

(checks changelog)

Well holy crap. Now I don't need my Frame-based oil tanker any more - I can just use Railcraft liquid carts, liquid loaders and a pair of teleporters.

On a somewhat related note - if you (the IC2 team) release an update to fix this bug (#103 ghosts), would it be possible to stick some of the old, hacky quantum suit boots code back in - in particular, the part that stops you from getting knockback whenever you land. 1.97 stopped me from doing any quantum parkour (by far the easiest method of navigating a jungle) in SMP because of this.

GENERATION (Pineapple + i): The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.