[Suggestion] Teleporter multiplier in config?

• I personally find teleporters stupidly expensive, by the time I have the energy to run one I will have a Quantum suit which I personally would prefer (because, sending myself over any long distance is ridiculously energy intensive. While a Quantum suit gives me the scenery on the way). So instead of getting in a flame war over balance could we simply have a multiplier value in the config. By default it would be 100, setting it to 50 would half the cost, setting it to 200 would double.

• :thumbup: Sensible. I like it.

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• Seems reasonable, +1 because why not?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Thanks for the support! My friend was reading the wiki and wants a teleporter hub on the server now as well! I hope the gets added soon :).

Also, could the multiplier be default 1000? Or support decimal values (this may be hard, I've heard float variable aren't very accurate for some reason)? Also, I was thinking, what would the possibilities of having a teleporter be able to feed off the power provided to its "sister" teleporter (the one it is connected to). This wouldn't allow you to transport power (as it can't be extracted from the teleporter), but it would allow you to create remote teleportation sites (I was thinking, when we find a mushroom biome we can just use teleporters to take mooshrooms home, but it would be a pain to haul a giant setup out there to power the teleporter.

• Thanks for the support! My friend was reading the wiki and wants a teleporter hub on the server now as well! I hope the gets added soon :).

Also, could the multiplier be default 1000? Or support decimal values (this may be hard, I've heard float variable aren't very accurate for some reason)? Also, I was thinking, what would the possibilities of having a teleporter be able to feed off the power provided to its "sister" teleporter (the one it is connected to). This wouldn't allow you to transport power (as it can't be extracted from the teleporter), but it would allow you to create remote teleportation sites (I was thinking, when we find a mushroom biome we can just use teleporters to take mooshrooms home, but it would be a pain to haul a giant setup out there to power the teleporter.

The whole "float values aren't accurate" thing is a Comp-Sci issue that only affects specific calculations, and its effects in this situation would be negligible (unless, you somehow *really* need teleporters to run at EXACTLY THIRTY THREE POINT THREE THREE THREE THREE THREE PERCENT!!!!111! OR DA WULD GONE BOOOM!).

• The whole "float values aren't accurate" thing is a Comp-Sci issue that only affects specific calculations, and its effects in this situation would be negligible (unless, you somehow *really* need teleporters to run at EXACTLY THIRTY THREE POINT THREE THREE THREE THREE THREE PERCENT!!!!111! OR DA WULD GONE BOOOM!).

I assumed it would be a very minor issue, probably originating from the fact that floats are used in graphics and other similar tasks a lot, and therefore they don't need to be pin point (seeing as most displays wouldn't even render the difference).

• If you are just after moo-shrooms why not do this,

1.) Teleporter at base connected to one or more Mfsu's
    2.) use your quantum gear and find a mushroom biome while carrying:
    A.) a freq trans connected to the main Teleporter, ready to establish a link
    B.) Teleporter B
    C.) Mfsu
    3.) when you find the spot where you want to establish Teleporter B, plop it down next to your mfsu.
    4.) Connect Teleporters.
    5.) have your buddy at base send you a lapotron crystal through the portal to use to fill up site B's Mfsu.

As long as the teleportation of a single crystal twice isnt equal to 1million EU, you will have a positive gain at site B

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• PLEASE DO THIS!
    I want teleporters to be a fun casual way to get around an epic base, not something that drains entire MFSU's in a couple of minutes of moving around.

I know some people would still want it to be expensive, but that's why having it configurable is the best solution.

• I support this too, because Teleporter aren't used because of that high EU-Cost. The biggest problem is the square of the distance, that make teleporter useless on more than 100 blocks, because the EU-Cost is higher that the time you'll have to move by yourself ... and for less than 100 blocs, teleporters are useless because you're quite as quick with Q-suit as with Teleporter on such a short distance.
    The only current usage I get for teleporter is that they help to hide bases, since they can be a way of entering it without making a big Piston+Block-door.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I like this idea, it needs to be added because it would be nicer to use industrialcraft teleports at a spawn (yes on a server) rather than having sign warps, ect. Apart from that I have never really seen a teleporter be used other than on creative and when the person has basically finished the game and has an abundance of all resources (and even then its rarely used because its just to costly (EU).

• ADD DIZ HUUR DRRRRUUUU!!!

That would be epic. I wouldn't need to install GoldenOrb then.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• Please make this happen!
    I couldn't think of a reason not to. And this would even make different game ideas possible.
    Since there is no limitless EU storage block yet, setting the multiplier to 0 is going to let me
    build a PVP / spleef / capture the flag arena set in space on asteroids and spaceships connected by teleports.
    And all that without using a teleport plugin :D