steam gens

• not a big post but any plans to make a steam gen?? that would be cool mabey make it a meta block like the nuke rec with lots of parts??

• Get some grammar and then come back.

I'm going to have to agree.

Also, what is the idea here? Steam gen, what is that? You managed to not only not explain your suggestion in any way, but you also somehow managed to use vague language in the same post, I hate when the basic idea of how to use and craft something comes down to "make it expensive, like a nuclear reactor as in many parts" this shows even more than the lack of grammar (I apologize if English is not your first language) that you didn't put any effort into thinking out the mechanics of this and basically spent five seconds typing this up which could have been used toward a search to see if this (whatever this is) had already been suggested /approved/denied .

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I think I understand what's meant... You'd have to code a cellular automaton that describes air movement and have the windmill re-coded. If you were to build a huge tower that has asymmetrical input/output areas and a drop in temperature, there'd be a wind, for instance.

Still, that automaton would have to be an algorithmic masterpiece to run smoothly on SMP servers. Imagine a simple set of rules applied to air blocks, represented as tuples of a (pressure, temperature) schema:

In a tick:
    If the block is above lava: increase temperature by 5. (insert more values for fire, glowstone, torches etc.)
    If the block is around ice: decrease temperature by 5. (again, more values for water, snow...)
    The temperature of this block of air in the next tick is a weighted average of all adjacent blocks.
    If the weighted average of temperature adjacencies of this block is higher than this block's temperature, decrease pressure by 1.
    If it's lower, increase.

Or something like that. I really don't want to know how many air blocks would have to constantly recompute their shit, imagine a few random values thrown in. This could be parallelized very nicely, but would take loads of cores. A approximation model using bigger chunks of air or a simpler model (if something hot is below, there's a stream upwards) would be doable, but then, why not just stick to windmills?

However, I agree about the presentation of this suggestion. 50 EU/t.

• Finite Liquid practically kills my computer, and that's when the water is standing still. I do not want to think what realistic air would do to it. Thermal simulation is CPU expensive even on a 480x640 2D grid.

• Ooh, but it's fun to play around on an nVidia Tesla ;)

Anyways, I prefer "Minecraft logic", like in nuclear reactors. The irony, of course, is that... that is a cellular automaton. Also, IndustrialCraft doesn't seem to be about macroconstruction as much as, say, TerraFirmaCraft.

• when you get off your horse, go fuck yourselfs assholes!!!! i was not looking for the idea to be a full on blueprint only a idea.. I just put it out for people to think it over. to the people that didnt talk shit thanks for not being assholes.. all others fuckoff

• when you get off your horse, go fuck yourselfs assholes!!!! i was not looking for the idea to be a full on blueprint only a idea.. I just put it out for people to think it over. to the people that didnt talk shit thanks for not being assholes.. all others fuckoff

When*, yourselves*, I*, an idea*, ...*, To*, didn't*, ...*, fuck off*. It's obvious you are a natural speaker of English, therefore please act like it especially when insulting people, also, blueprint? You barely left any inkling of an idea to work with, suggestions should be thought out and well explained, not "here's a thing I thought up in about 5 seconds, make it whatever you want it to be".

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• your the biggest asshole here still talking shit from your horse...

I STILL don't know what your idea is, insulting me is not going to help get it added to the game (very unlikely that it does), you basically said it's complex with a lot of parts, that doesn't explain anything, what is your idea?

• Official Post

I think i have to interrupt it.

Brave875: If its just an Idea, you throw out for us, to think about it then:
    1. call it "[Idea] Steamgens" or "Idea: Steamgens" so that we know that its just an Idea.
    2. tell us to think about it with sentences like "It's just an Idea. What do you think we could do, to make it into a working concept?".
    3. dont call us all Assholes, even when we (for example X-Heiko) try to follow your Idea constructivly.

And don't forget to activate the Spellcheck of your Browser.

• Failed suggestion that can be resolved in 2 ways: 1 misspelled word ``steam gens``= WTF IS THAT for real MinecraftChicken, oooo you meant a steam generator
    Definition:
    An apparatus or unit for the production of steam. A steam generator that uses the heat from the combustion of an organic fuel is called a steam boiler, whereas one that operates on electricity is called an electric boiler. With the advent of atomic power plants, the term “steam generator”= :thumbup: was applied to boilers heated by heat transfer from the atomic reactor; such boilers produce secondary steam that is fed into the turbine. And 2 i don't no yet let me think about it :!:

• 3. dont call us all Assholes, even when we (for example X-Heiko) try to follow your Idea constructivly.

Hey, thanks! ^^

Yes, I agree. It shows rather juvenile/adolescent behaviour if you enter a society, barely try to adapt to it, get the usual repercussions anyone would get (besides the fact that people have been treated way more rudely on this forum before) and then insult it out of your disappointment.

When I post suggestions, I try very hard to work it out so the line between "It doesn't need to be 5%, it can be 7%, too, but that's just balancing" and "This is the principle I would like to see applied in the game." Even if you aren't suggesting something elaborate but just pointing out an idea, all you posted was a name. We genuinely don't know what you mean, besides the name "steam generator" or similar.

Besides, I feel this community is very forgiving. I think Greg and I had a harsh dispute over something some time ago, but I've forgotten it ever since because he, like many here, understands that it's not the personality of a poster that you can judge their ideas by. That doesn't mean you, in my opinion, shouldn't apologize.

• e

Failed suggestion that can be resolved in 2 ways: 1 misspelled word ``steam gens``= WTF IS THAT for real MinecraftChicken, oooo you meant a steam generator
    Definition:
    An apparatus or unit for the production of steam. A steam generator that uses the heat from the combustion of an organic fuel is called a steam boiler, whereas one that operates on electricity is called an electric boiler. With the advent of atomic power plants, the term “steam generator”= :thumbup: was applied to boilers heated by heat transfer from the atomic reactor; such boilers produce secondary steam that is fed into the turbine. And 2 i don't no yet let me think about it :!:

yes thankyou

• To sum in a few words what i think the OP did in here is:

"Potato!!! Discuss! kthxbyes!"

Pretty much, I hate the whole "if you don't like my (unexplained name of an) idea, you must be an asshole" attitude. To the op who likes this phrase/analogy so much, I don't think I need to get off my high horse, I think you need to get on a horse

• Hitchens said "What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." I said "What can be suggested without reasoning and good arguments can be asserted without reasoning and good arguments."

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

You didn't even explain what a steam gen is? Does it involve pipes, does it involve heat sinks is it a GUI like the reactor? etc.

[rage] It is very rude, to join a forum and post a crappy, terribly formatted idea. And then when people ask you to actually post a real idea, with actual information you tell them to "go fuck yourselfs" (year 2 grammar?). We can't receive your idea telepathically, so you're going to have to get off your lazy, bad mouthed ass and explain it to us. [/rage].