Plain generator as green gen

• Scrap is burned for 870 eu and cost 360 eu to produce. So, with cobblegen (or snowballgen), it can run at surplus.
    Another alternative could be burning autofarmed wood/reed/cacti.

Has anyone tried it? Is it effective, compared to solars, for example?

• Do you mean standard generator? Please see this thread for more information:
    Generator using Cobblestone and Scrap

That contraption would work and generate energy more than most infinite gens, but it can lag server like crazy if you spam it, so now the devs implement a config to prevent burning scrap in generator

Dota 2 player at SEA server.

For me nothing is OP. It just a mod for fun and I'm playing it for fun. Unless it created items from nothing. Automining not included, neither do in case of self replicating machine. However GregTech is still good, so:

GregTech Documentation Task Force Needed!

• Official Post

Scrap is burned for 870 eu and cost 360 eu to produce. So, with cobblegen (or snowballgen), it can run at surplus.
    Another alternative could be burning autofarmed wood/reed/cacti.

NOOOOOOOOO! DONT DO THAT!!! ITS A WASTE OF 24130 EU!!!

[Tutorial] The Massfabricator and UUM

• Another alternative could be burning autofarmed wood/reed/cacti.

i actually did that once for fun. i tried to build a fully automatic tree farm with forestry. since i didn't know what to do with all that excess resources it produced "as sideeffect", i decided to turn all that into EU, burning wood in generators, burning peat in peat engines and converting that into EU, squeezing saplings/apples/seed/mushrooms to burn or convert it into fuel, burning that.
    at the end it has a tree farm, a peat bog, two wheat farms, a mushroom farm and and two moistener (they don't need any energy).
    the surplus of EU this produces is something around 50EU/t :D
    i would say there are more efficient ways to produces energy

PS: i today entered my farmworld the first time since i installed thaumcraft and exactly where i logged out (around 100blocks away from my farm) spawned a giant tainted zone -.- guess it's because there are no crystalls underground to level it out

• Official Post

PS: i today entered my farmworld the first time since i installed thaumcraft and exactly where i logged out (around 100blocks away from my farm) spawned a giant tainted zone -.- guess it's because there are no crystalls underground to level it out

Nope, thats randomly generated Taint (because there was no Taint-Data in your Savegame). The Crystals do not affect the Taintproduction of a Chunk, they just regulate the Vis.

• Nope, thats randomly generated Taint (because there was no Taint-Data in your Savegame). The Crystals do not affect the Taintproduction of a Chunk, they just regulate the Vis.

well then, now all i need for my farm is mod that gives me pea shooting plants to keep those zombie chickens and sheeps of my farm

• well then, now all i need for my farm is mod that gives me pea shooting plants to keep those zombie chickens and sheeps of my farm

This does give me an idea for a mod... not the actual PvZ, but many of the elements therein. Harvest the Sunflowers for resources to produce the other plants. More importantly, the zombie opponents would be fun to play with. Seeing a Gargantar stomping to your base ought to elicit a response. Football zombies do extra damage on a charge. Balloon zombies float through the air, then drop down on you. Fun times.

• Try this: build a tree farm, build an iron furnace, burn wood into charcoal, power the basic generator with charcoal.

Green-gen with basic generator. As long as IC² has no CO² calculation. ;)

• On related note, why was everyone nagging about the solarimba gibberish while no one mentioned the scaffolds burning like wood planks instead of sticks :O

Buildcraft – spilling items.™

• Because in-depth knowledge about a topic is not required to complain about it. ;)

Heh, I just had some flash in my head about entire mobs yelling about them while the real culprits moonwalked away behind them.

Buildcraft – spilling items.™

• Ok, scrap=not ok, but one wood (after scaffoldisation) can be burned for 10k eu at 19eu/t rate. And trees can be auto-farmed at very low cost. So, potentially it can be more effective than even wind.
    Even without aut-crafting, one wood can be burned for 4k eu, which is not bad either.

It probably has not as good scalability as wood, though, as it takes much more place, but materials required is much more cheaper per eu/t.

• Just gave it a try: had to burn about 2 stacks of wood (transformed into scaffolds) till I had enough materials processed to build a nuclear reactor. Could be done with even less I guess as I wasted some wood on other stuff that wasn't really necessary.

Compared to the rate trees grow, this is incredible low.

• Even with manual farming one jungle tree will get you a few stacks of wood in no time. Trees grow fast if you have enough of them planted, but I admit that with forestry and 5 diamonds it is a no-brainer. Bonemeal is trivial to get, anyone can make automatic mob grinder with RP2/BC, also recycler give you a lot of bones (RP2 required for smooth dispensing of scrapboxes, but overall RP2 is required for fun minecraft). With bonemeal farming trees isn't very hard. Also burning scaffolds I'd consider an exploit, with lack of sensible charcoal generation (TFC) I use coke ovens. Wood in furnaces is OP (for me).

• Btw, you can easily "cut" high tree by firing vertically along the trunk. Then douse fires.

And I don't think burning scaffolds is exploit. It is known that differently arranged wood fire differently. May be scaffolds is exactly form that is burning very effectively :)

• Did some experiments. 17x17 Fillerfarm (Forestry Logger cutting+Buildcraft Filler planting trees) produce 1.4 wood per second. Converted to scaffolds, it's 700 EU/t (no typo).
    With full 21x21 farm (logger work radius) this will be 1000 eu/t. And it's just from wood, saplings can give some more (20% more I think), but not sure they worth the hassle and gold for electric generators. It's probably better to use saplings energy for BC/Forestry needs,

Costs are: 4 diamonds for logger and one diamond tube, some gold for tubes, 800 of iron for 100 generators.

Alternatively, two thirds of wood can be converted to slabs, and "burned" in recyclers. Then Fillerfarm will be able to produce one UU per 25 seconds all by its own.

• Did some experiments. 17x17 Fillerfarm (Forestry Logger cutting+Buildcraft Filler planting trees) produce 1.4 wood per second. Converted to scaffolds, it's 700 EU/t (no typo).
    With full 21x21 farm (logger work radius) this will be 1000 eu/t. And it's just from wood, saplings can give some more (20% more I think), but not sure they worth the hassle and gold for electric generators. It's probably better to use saplings energy for BC/Forestry needs,

Costs are: 4 diamonds for logger and one diamond tube, some gold for tubes, 800 of iron for 100 generators.

Alternatively, two thirds of wood can be converted to slabs, and "burned" in recyclers. Then Fillerfarm will be able to produce one UU per 25 seconds all by its own.

You're going to need a crapload of generators to keep up with that demand of energy from something that outputs 10 eu/t, not to mention a system capable of evenly distributing those over all generators. At that point, you're pretty much better off going with wind or nuclear, although if the amount of space taken up/massive amounts of iron required is ignored, this would probably work pretty effectively for starting out mass fabrication

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l