Type 1 Anarchy - Orbital Lasers and Mechs! ---[Could a Mod move this to Pending Addons?]

• Most of this stuff (especially vehicles) got suggested and denied long ago.
    But it sound's awesome!
    Good luck with your addon.
    Btw you should rethink your aircraft concept because that sounds exactly like the ic2 jet-pack.

• Most of this stuff (especially vehicles) got suggested and denied long ago.
    But it sound's awesome!
    Good luck with your addon.

Yeah, I can see why it would for the official mod. Hopefully I'll be able to get help from people with the coding. Need to get some stuff done myself first though so people join in.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• Sounds awesome! Though you may want to rethink the satellite concept, since it is incredibly difficult to get such a thing beyond world height (y258), and you can't really place blocks there. Maybe send it up with a blank missile?

• Sounds awesome! Though you may want to rethink the satellite concept, since it is incredibly difficult to get such a thing beyond world height (y258), and you can't really place blocks there. Maybe send it up with a blank missile?

er yea I meant 256 not 512
    Satellites are very powerful and part of the point is to make it difficult to get them up

EDIT: I built a TNT cannon and it only takes 48 TNT to get above 512, and thats with a somewhat ineficcient cannon.

• When the harpoons, air-strikes, and nukes fail.

Lol yeah pretty much. The point of the orbital lasers to to break a siege if all your ICBMs and mechs get shot down, or to snipe away turrets.

Though on a server I would have to say that each faction gets a 10x10x6 room encased in bedrock with a limited amount of chests, simply because once you get really high tech it sucks to lose everything. Even now with ender chests you have to set everything up again, which can be awful and truly inspire ragequitting.

• I think what I'm going to do is build this using MC Forge for MC 1.3.2 and get as much completed as I can with just vanilla, then ill merge it.

I've actually not played CnC; this isn't really inspired by anything specific.

• I think what I'm going to do is build this using MC Forge for MC 1.3.2 and get as much completed as I can with just vanilla, then ill merge it.

I've actually not played CnC; this isn't really inspired by anything specific.

If that's the case, you really should. If you're still on windows XP (if you even use windows) i would recommend "The Command and Conquer Saga" Thats CnC Tiberian Dawn, Tiberian Sun, Red Alert, Red Alert 2, Renegade and Generals. And all expansion packs. CnC 3 Tiberium Wars is also in, but no Kane's Wrath expansion.

If on Windows 7, i'd just buy CnC3 + expansion. AVOID CnC 4 Tiberian Twilight AT ALL COSTS :!:

BTW, i REALLY look forward to using this. May i suggest that each sattelite would have a corresponding machine in the world? So that to fire TEH LAZORS you would have to pump a SH*TTON of power into the machine, which you could also right click to show power level? It should also accept HV, maby even EV, and be able to store enough power for two or three blasts in a row.

EDIT: AWESOME idea. TEH LAZORS would have an annoying inacurracy, so that to hit precisely, you would have to sneak into the enemy's base, place a beacon, activate it and run before you orbital battle station of death and destruction unleashes a blast of heat and pressure and other nasty stuff. And of course an item that will cause the sattelite to lock on to you, no matter where you run, and shoot you 10 seconds after you press the button. It would be connected to a specific sattelite with a frequency value, like the teleporters.

"Presses button" "runs into enemy base with nothing important on me"

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

Edited once, last by wasmic ().

• This sounds AWSOME. Tell me when/if you make it because I would love to put it in to a Adventure map im working on which this would be perfect for. One request though. could you make them really hard and really expensive to make?

I also recomend getting in contact with Crazy Crafter, the maker of the Rocket Science mod. If you put the two mods together, it would make it even better.

Good Luck

• For now, you'll have to build a cannon at layer 256, load it up with nukes, set em off, and hope they don't blow up midair before they hit the target. Recommended to use Zepplin mod, or a multidimensional Framebased aircraft from RP2 to get there so you can set it up without them knowing you're there.

• BTW, i REALLY look forward to using this. May i suggest that each sattelite would have a corresponding machine in the world? So that to fire TEH LAZORS you would have to pump a SH*TTON of power into the machine, which you could also right click to show power level? It should also accept HV, maby even EV, and be able to store enough power for two or three blasts in a row.

EDIT: AWESOME idea. TEH LAZORS would have an annoying inacurracy, so that to hit precisely, you would have to sneak into the enemy's base, place a beacon, activate it and run before you orbital battle station of death and destruction unleashes a blast of heat and pressure and other nasty stuff. And of course an item that will cause the sattelite to lock on to you, no matter where you run, and shoot you 10 seconds after you press the button. It would be connected to a specific sattelite with a frequency value, like the teleporters.

The satellites would be used through an interface activated with a held item, it shows which sats you have then you select one to access its own interface. As for power that's what the charging laser installations are for, the satellite has a capacitor onboard which gets charged (I'm thinking two max power strikes from max capacity), multiple chargers can focus a single sat.

For targeting you wouldn't be able to hit the enemy base on the first hit unless you had freaky good skill at guessing coords. The orbital laser will use a very large amount of EU, so it is not intended as a primary weapon. Since you have to use a laser to break their base that means there was no way to get close enough to use other weapons. You would have to fire low power calibration shots. That would give the target a small bit of time to cover up or move their installations.

Currently I'm going through the online Java tutorial from Oracle, I'll also ask my informatics professor if he could give any tips.

• So, I can get a satellite up with a TNT cannon. OK. But then, we have a nuclear reactor, a Crystalline power storage unit, and a bunch of explosives and water. ADD FREAKIN' ROCKETS ALREADY!!! Or just make it so that you can put it on a rocket science module *COUGH CRAZYCRAFTER COUGH*. Think about it.

• So, I can get a satellite up with a TNT cannon. OK. But then, we have a nuclear reactor, a Crystalline power storage unit, and a bunch of explosives and water. ADD FREAKIN' ROCKETS ALREADY!!! Or just make it so that you can put it on a rocket science module *COUGH CRAZYCRAFTER COUGH*. Think about it.

The Rocket Science addon is overpowered because the rockets are so cheap; plus I'm trying to keep things simple.
    Part of the point of a cannon as well is so you need time to set it up where enemies will have time to stop you.

• When you mentioned anarchy, mechs and orbital lasers in the same sentence, I was pretty sure you were just ripping off Anarchy Online. :P
    Either way, these are pretty solid ideas. They would be interesting, but wouldn't quite fit into IC2, I think. As an addon pack for IC2, it would be spectacular, but I'm not sure everyone wants their bases completely blown up just yet, especially as bedrock protection isn't really an option for legit players.