Machines exploding makes smoke until server restart

• Yeah, you know, this is seriously starting to tick me off.

There are two ways of reporting bugs. There's "omg wires dont werk dis ting is crap halp fix pls" and then there are pleasant, well-thought-out and civil posts that actually give some information. Thing is, every single one of these civil posts that I find is greeted with snotty, arrogant replies of "search function" and "there are already threads on this r u stupid herp de derp." I've spent the last 20 minutes FOLLOWING these relinked threads from the holier-than-thou posters, and discovered that almost all of their oh-so-special links simply dumped me into OTHER threads where they had already spat out the same "lrn2search" crap.

I understand: sometimes people just don't bother looking around, and it can be annoying. But that is absolutely no reason to treat all bug reporters like dirt, simply because somebody, somewhere, already knows about the issue. I've even tried using the search bar, and all it does is deliver me to more threads where somehow, a select few individuals have already become aware of the issues presented, and simply give the thread author a slap in the face for not having dug through every single archive entry, blog, feed, twitter and god-knows-what-else on the obscure chance that what they have to say may have already been mentioned in some form.

Also, regarding issues, at this point I have to say that I'm more than a bit disappointed in this 106 release. I have enormous respect for the IC² modding team. They're doing this on their own time, for no actual reward, just so that we can have a good time on Minecraft. They're really under no obligation to ever update this again, because it's all being done because they want to do it, not because we're paying them. We're not "entitled" to IC² in any way, it's a GIFT to us, and creating a Minecraft mod of this scale is an astoundingly daunting task, especially in view of the recent changes to MC that basically required a complete redesigning of the SP/MP system.

That said, the more I read about this update, the more I hear the words "known issue." At this point, honestly, there are so many "known issues" that I'm left wondering how in the world anyone ever thought this mod was ready to launch. I mean good lord, cables frying for no reason, a near-complete lack of audio, jetpack issues, severe ghost wire problems, nonstop explosions that shouldn't even happen in the first place... As of right now, IC² should still be very much in beta, and is quite simply a mess. Bugs happen, mistakes happen, I understand this, but really I don't know how THIS much slipped through the loop. Again, while we don't "deserve" IC² as something that should simply be given to us as a handout because-we-want-it, if you're going to release something and claim it as a full, working post-beta release, make sure it is a full, working and post-beta release!

Rant over. Sorry if that seemed rude at all, I don't mean any disrespect to anyone here and I certainly will be sticking with IC² due to how much I enjoy and admire it. I just felt those things needed to be said.

• to the hippomormor; if you remove power from the area, the explosion will stop, no server restart required.

to Ops: that person is not even the first person to post about those issues, lighten up.

to Adam; They release because their testing team thought it was ready, Personally I think they should have a bigger testing team, at lease one of which plays a server, or post the beta version to everyone wil a limit to the number of people (more than the number of testers they have now) who can post to a secure and organized bug area, which can be viewed by all, but that's my opinion.

• to Adam; They release because their testing team thought it was ready, Personally I think they should have a bigger testing team, at lease one of which plays a server, or post the beta version to everyone wil a limit to the number of people (more than the number of testers they have now) who can post to a secure and organized bug area, which can be viewed by all, but that's my opinion.

More != Better like never. Al already said no to public beta releases because its more annoying that helpful (My word not his), and its pretty obvious the beta team use it on both SSP and SMP environments, not doing that its like the worst beta testing ever.

• I was more thinking that the beta available for nutcases like me who likes breaking things :) and more of the right people, the devs wouldn't have to listen to people except the testing team.

Also the biggest help to prevent these types of posts would be a central bug list that's viewable and easy to read (someone who has access reads a bug here, posts it there maybe after testing it, and people can see it.

Kane, I dunno what alpha or beta you have been playing, but I have never seen an alpha this good off. Hell lots of games nowadays are being shipped in worse condition.

• EDIT: I rather not piss people off..

The mod needs better testing before releases. Besides that its a wonderful mod but in my own opinion I think this was one the worst releases yet. But I still love the mod and could not compare it to a fully developed game because I don't like most games compared to a sandbox open game like MC.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• I hate to say it, but I think Team Technic has the right idea, a launcher that allows users to choose their build and chooses for them if users don't decide on a specific build. It is very likely that most users of the Technic launcher just chose a modpack and go, not even touching the settings, thus getting the latest recommended build, not the beta build.

On a side note, at RRU I would call this "pulling a Lego Group" as this is what happens to many bit of Lego software. TLG would set a ridiculous deadline, and the developers can't build a full game. Here I call this "Pulling an IC2 user" as that may have what happened when the testers said its ready. The team simply got tied of having to answer questions and in an act of compassion, the testers said it was ready.

A Rock Raider trained as an Engineer, among other things.

Edited once, last by RockRaiderZulu ().

• I hate to say it, but I think Team Technic has the right idea, a launcher that allows users to choose their build and chooses for them if users don't decide on a specific build. It is very likely that most users of the Technic launcher just chose a modpack and go, not even touching the settings, thus getting the latest recommended build, not the beta build.

On a side note, at RRU I would call this "pulling a Lego Group" as this is what happens to many bit of Lego software. TLG would set a ridiculous deadline, and the developers can't build a full game. Here I call this "Pulling an IC2 user" as that may have what happened when the testers said its ready. The team simply got tied of having to answer questions and in an act of compassion, the testers said it was ready.

IDK Wtf this has to do with anything. The issue here is the IC Devs seem to be burned out and not care like they use to.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

That's probably because Technic doesn't update until months after the mods have been released for the current version, and have had the bugs worked out, but it's nowhere near perfect as bugs new only to Technic pop up, just like this is nowhere near relevant to this thread in any way.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I am trying to say that a using a launcher like the Technic one could allow for a "hidden" beta, a beta that is open, but few really know about it and can easily revert if they are so inclined. Thus more people could have tested the build and thus find more bugs and thus a lot of bugs would have been known earlier.

As for the RRU bit, it means I think all of the people requesting and nagging caused Al the Dragon to breakdown and release the second beta build as a full release. (I got this from the version number. Notice that it is exactly one build after beta build 1.105)

The off topic appearance of my statement could be cleared up by the off topic conversation the preceded my first post in this thread.

A Rock Raider trained as an Engineer, among other things.

Edited 2 times, last by RockRaiderZulu ().