[IC² 1.118][Universal] ChargePads v2.8.0 (build 93)

• Perfect! This is one of the last two addons I needed to complete the IC2 section of my mod collection. THANK YOU!!

• New version is now up! Besides being for MC v1.4.2 and the IC2-1.108.71 build, this release also provides NEI support and moves creative entries to our own tab (look for the 'pad' icon).

May I ask what specifically you did special for "NEI support"? What does that add?

• I seem to be getting a error on right clicking any pad.

http://pastebin.com/mMX4tiuA

EDIT: Happens to me every so often.

Are you holding something when you right-click? This error happens during an FML handler call which, uh... shouldn't ever be NULL (and isn't even my code). If it's worked already, it should always work, from then on. -_-

I've tried hard but I simply cannot reproduce this, so I'm not sure how I can help (or if it's even my mod's fault). :\

• Are you holding something when you right-click? This error happens during an FML handler call which, uh... shouldn't ever be NULL (and isn't even my code). If it's worked already, it should always work, from then on. -_-

I've tried hard but I simply cannot reproduce this, so I'm not sure how I can help (or if it's even my mod's fault). :\

No the first time it happened I was in creative mode with a empty hand, second time I open the pad the instant I spawn in to the world, and the third time I was holding the pad its self in my hand in survival. I haven't tried it on my server yet. Tho its not THAT big of a deal it seems to be rare.

• No the first time it happened I was in creative mode with a empty hand, second time I open the pad the instant I spawn in to the world, and the third time I was holding the pad its self in my hand in survival. I haven't tried it on my server yet. Tho its not THAT big of a deal it seems to be rare.

That's weird. :P I just have to assume that something's awry with another mod - though I'm playing with the FTB packs (and have it running on servers) and have still never run into this issue. :\

Let me know if you get a more helpful error message or a more informative context? I'm interested to know why this happens, if it's even CP's fault. :P

• That's weird. :P I just have to assume that something's awry with another mod - though I'm playing with the FTB packs (and have it running on servers) and have still never run into this issue. :\

Let me know if you get a more helpful error message or a more informative context? I'm interested to know why this happens, if it's even CP's fault. :P

It very well could be other mods, hell it could me my own abomination of a mod iam making learning to code haha, or the other 50 mods my server has >.>, but if I get a better error or something ill be sure to post it !
    On a second note I love your mod but UGH I cant decide were to put the pads, there smaller then half slabs so I cant hide them in my floor and its strange just siting there in the middle of a floor XD <- OCD thing.

• On a second note I love your mod but UGH I cant decide were to put the pads, there smaller then half slabs so I cant hide them in my floor and its strange just siting there in the middle of a floor XD <- OCD thing.

How about: Floor -> Pad -> Half-slab-floor. Use the pads as a step up to the half-slabs? :)

• So there I was, sitting there on my couch, thinking about Minecraft, when I thought "it would be awesome if there was an add-on where you could just walk onto a pad and it would charge all your IC2 items/armor in your inventory. I should check the IC2 forum to see if it's been done already." And it was! I am adding this to my mods folder and look forward to using it!

However, I noticed a bug on MCHeavy's spotlight...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?f…page&v=lkV0R9Etd4U#t=720s

The lapotron Crystal disappears, with all its precious EU. :( Not sure if that's been fixed (or even noticed), but no one had mentioned it on this thread, so I thought I'd bring it to your attention.

• However, I noticed a bug on MCHeavy's spotlight...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?f…page&v=lkV0R9Etd4U#t=720s

The lapotron Crystal disappears, with all its precious EU. :( Not sure if that's been fixed (or even noticed), but no one had mentioned it on this thread, so I thought I'd bring it to your attention.

You're right: I hadn't noticed that! Not even sure if it still happens, so will have to test it... nice catch, if it still does that. :)

• This version has a minor addition and a couple of bugfixes (thanks to Monoxide and eisbaerBorealis, respectively!)

Code
    Added: new recipe for MFS Upgrade (wrench + MFSU)
    Fixed: wrenching pad ejects items (as it should)
    Fixed: breaking pad is likely to damage/destroy upgrades
    Fixed: can only wrench "dangerous" pads from underneath.

"Dangerous" refers to pads with drain or damage emitter upgrades. ;)

Enjoy! :)

• Build #49 is an update for Minecraft 1.4.5 and the open beta v1.109 of IC² (see the thread in the Support sub-forum).

It also includes a couple of fixes: a sneaky bug that stopped the Drain Conversion Module from draining armour items that were 100% full of EU (thanks to MattaBase for finding that one); and the item charge/drain speeds are now what they should be (they were too low due to some weird quirk in the API).

Everyone should note a reasonable increase in charge/drain speed, especially if you're only charging 1 or 2 items at any one time.

• v2.1.1.51 is a very quick (and minor) mini-update (thanks to assistance from HanFox) which solves the issues that high-resolution texture packs may have been seeing with the GUI elements being on the same sprite sheet as the block/item stuff. They're now separate, so the problems no longer exist. :)

• Really nice addon.

Can I suggest to simplify recipes? Is it necessary to have such a big internal storage? I mean that to craft tier 3 charge pad I need to craft a MFSU and it is a bit painful, maybe change it to transformers + re-battery and/or corresponding energy crystal?

• Really nice addon.

Can I suggest to simplify recipes? Is it necessary to have such a big internal storage? I mean that to craft tier 3 charge pad I need to craft a MFSU and it is a bit painful, maybe change it to transformers + re-battery and/or corresponding energy crystal?

Glad you like it. :)

I'm afraid the recipes are definitely not going to be simplified, though. MFSU's are painful: hence, making a charge pad that is based entirely around an MFSU is going to require an equivalent amount of resources and effort and that will never change.

Each pad is effectively an "altered storage machine" (BatBox, MFE, MFSU) where it "emits energy upwards" instead of "channelling energy internally" (which is why they have extra circuits in the recipes and unmovable circuits are visible on their GUIs) and they store a buffer of energy that's identical to the way the storage machines work.

This is 100% by design. Sorry. :)

• Server crash when using wrench, since IC 1.110