Bug: Wireless EU Transfer

• I have two power storage units connected with cables (an MFE and an MFSU). When I connect the two with a wire, EU transfer happens normally but when I break the wire, the EU transfer does not stop, and the system continues to act like the wire is there.

• I counted 17 Bugreports about that, when the 1.103-Ghost-E-net counts too.

17? Sounds like someone should actually make hotfixes and not let all these dedicated people report a bug that is actually fixed but refused to be handed out by the devs!

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• 17? Sounds like someone should actually make hotfixes and not let all these dedicated people report a bug that is actually fixed but refused to be handed out by the devs!

They could release a crapload of hotfixes for every major bug fixed, or they could just wait for a few extra days and release them all in one updated version like I assume they are already doing (personally this makes more sense to me).

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• They could release a crapload of hotfixes for every major bug fixed, or they could just wait for a few extra days and release them all in one updated version like I assume they are already doing (personally this makes more sense to me).

I concur. It makes sense to do it this way. Also, I believe that is what they are doing with 1.107. To be honest, all of these bugs are the reason I haven't bothered with fully making the migration to 1.3.2 (plus I'm waiting for Redpower and Elo has said on twitter that she is making progress)

• They could release a crapload of hotfixes for every major bug fixed, or they could just wait for a few extra days and release them all in one updated version like I assume they are already doing (personally this makes more sense to me).

It does make sense. Besides the part when this bug for example was suppose to be already fixed and they were like oops. Clearly that way has not worked for them. I'm sorry but if they proven otherwise I would agree but what ends up happening is 2 big bugs are left and instead of fixing them because hey no point in hot fixes they will leave them for 2-3 months for the next update.

or they could just wait for a few extra days

a few extra days

Because what's a few more days on top of a release taking place after an indefinite period of time?

They could, you know, actually release a version with fixes thus far.
    Or actually test before releasing.

• They could, you know, actually release a version with fixes thus far.
    Or actually test before releasing.

Honestly you just said it, what's a few extra days to make sure things work? Sure I think they could use more beta testers, but "actually test before releasing", does even Mojang release bug free products? Many of the bugs, such as the ones reported by sethbling, have not yet been fixed, even major bugs people abused like the piston duplication glitch still work in the current version with gravel and sand. I think that to say that IC2 outright wasn't tested is just being disrespectful to the testers and to a lesser extent the developers, can you show me one piece of software IC2's size that hasn't had its share of bugs?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Honestly you just said it, what's a few extra days to make sure things work? Sure I think they could use more beta testers, but "actually test before releasing", does even Mojang release bug free products? Many of the bugs, such as the ones reported by sethbling, have not yet been fixed, even major bugs people abused like the piston duplication glitch still work in the current version with gravel and sand. I think that to say that IC2 outright wasn't tested is just being disrespectful to the testers and to a lesser extent the developers, can you show me one piece of software IC2's size that hasn't had its share of bugs?

My point was, they've already had more than a few extra days to hotfix some of the broken features from the release. There have been multiple dev posts saying "fixed" to the various reported bugs, with no release of any form in sight.
    A few more days of testing would have been good BEFORE releasing broken code. Now that the broken shit's out in production, it's time to fix things.
    I'm going to say there was a big lack of testing going on. For instance, with the entire quantum suit and jetpacks - all someone had to do was try to quantum jump and they'd notice that was broken, or try to use a jetpack and notice that flat-out didn't work. For whatever testing was done, it wasn't remotely close to enough.
    Saying that "all software of this size has bugs" is a massive cop-out. One developer releasing buggy code is never an excuse nor an explanation for another developer to release buggy code.

• I keep people saying "Need moar beta testers" but do they really? Maybe its more a problem of "Quality" rather than "Quantity"?

I have to agree here but can we always blame the testers? I mean I can't be 100% sure but I been told that sometimes there is not test build and etc. I don't know how people test but their doing something wrong. I usually make my internal testers craft and place every single items and give it a shot. This split up between what 20 testers on their member list? Plus the devs are suppose to be testing their own fixes and patches. I don't know what the hell to say anymore.

Jenkins should be installed for the public.

A few of us on IRC were given a copy of 1.107 to test don't PM me for it but there was no NDA or anything was just public link most people grabbed it. This is how I see testing should at least be like:
    https://docs.google.com/spread…WFdYM044Wlp2TldHd1E#gid=0

Besides that I don't know what to say. I love IC but I think IC is the worst mod at the same time. Only because how its distributed just fracking pisses me off lol.

• Official Post

I have to agree here but can we always blame the testers?

In this Case yes. Why? The Testers are deaf (didnt recognize no sounds), didnt check if old Bugs (Ghost-E-net 1.103) are still there and were obviously not even using the QSuit and Jetpacks in their Tests (which are bugged in every single Version of IC²). I guess most (not all) of them are only Testers just to have ealier access to IC².

According to RichardG, only ONE Tester had issues with Ghost-E-net!!! ONLY ONE!!! And it was still the most basic Ghost-E-net! (permaexploding Machines, wireless Energy)

I think they need some more serious Beta-Testers, and should fire all except the one, who found the Ghost-E-net. Unless all those Bugs were reported, and just ignored by the Dev-Team.

• In this Case yes. Why? The Testers are deaf (didnt recognize no sounds), didnt check if old Bugs (Ghost-E-net 1.103) are still there and were obviously not even using the QSuit and Jetpacks in their Tests (which are bugged in every single Version of IC²). I guess most (not all) of them are only Testers just to have ealier access to IC².

According to RichardG, only ONE Tester had issues with Ghost-E-net!!! ONLY ONE!!! And it was still the most basic Ghost-E-net! (permaexploding Machines, wireless Energy)

I think they need some more serious Beta-Testers, and should fire all except the one, who found the Ghost-E-net. Unless all those Bugs were reported, and just ignored by the Dev-Team.

I thought there might have not been a test build. Then in this case if every tester but the one does not ask for their testing tag to be removed just let us know if you need help shaming you :P