[1.106] Cable bug

• I'll be nice and just copy/paste this useful summary:

What you're seeing is the bug initially reported under the obscure and opaque name of "#103 ghosts". What's happening is the EnergyNet part of IC2 (that which is tasked with moving EUs around through cables and storage blocks) is failing to notice when parts of it are removed (like cables, or storage blocks).

The bug is still present in IC2 1.106, but will apparently be fixed in the next release. Probably.

• Yeah... This E-net problem makes 1.106 completely unplayable for me. If I try to upgrade my MFE to an MFSU (adding a MV-transformer as well), suddenly things go completely haywire. The interesting part is that I can remove my MFE and all my machines will stay powered until I exit the game and start it again, so I can do an infinite amount of work for free. Not only that, but if I try to hook up the MFSU in the spot where my MFE was, all the input cables fry as if they were overloaded, but as far as I know the MFSU functions the same as the MFE in that it only outputs on one side, not on all sides. Not only that, but I don't even have to have it output power for the cable to get fried. I can just have the MFSU hooked up with an extreme voltage cable on the output, and it will fry any copper cable that I put on the input sides, so long as there is over 512 power in the MFSU (it doesn't even lose the power when the cable fries).

• Yeah... This E-net problem makes 1.106 completely unplayable for me.

Obvious solution, grab 1.107...

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Yeah... This E-net problem makes 1.106 completely unplayable for me. If I try to upgrade my MFE to an MFSU (adding a MV-transformer as well), suddenly things go completely haywire. The interesting part is that I can remove my MFE and all my machines will stay powered until I exit the game and start it again, so I can do an infinite amount of work for free. Not only that, but if I try to hook up the MFSU in the spot where my MFE was, all the input cables fry as if they were overloaded, but as far as I know the MFSU functions the same as the MFE in that it only outputs on one side, not on all sides. Not only that, but I don't even have to have it output power for the cable to get fried. I can just have the MFSU hooked up with an extreme voltage cable on the output, and it will fry any copper cable that I put on the input sides, so long as there is over 512 power in the MFSU (it doesn't even lose the power when the cable fries).

Look at the details, this sounds a little different somehow. Last I checked, this bug should result in, at most, an MFS acting like an MFE in all respects, but this describes it acting like an 512EU/t generator.

A Rock Raider trained as an Engineer, among other things.

• The enet issues are FULLY (no remaining traces) fixed in the beta.

People are reluctant to use it because it has a "beta" label, they should know it's only a beta because it depends on non-recommended Forge.

• Official Post

People are reluctant to use it because it has a "beta" label, they should know it's only a beta because it depends on non-recommended Forge.

Surely it is a beta, but i can't see any reason not to use beta tests since we can backup our worlds and use NEI / MCEDIT to fix anything that gets screwed.