Suggestion: [Nuclear bomb recipe]

• What if you had to combined re-enriched uranium cells with uranium bars, to make weapons-grade uranium? Then you make a nuclear warhead by sealing the weapons-grade uranium in with advanced alloy plates and an advanced circuit.

C= circuit, A=alloy, U=uranium

ACA
    AUA
    AUA

That way you solve 3 problems that I see in these posts:
    1. Players cannot make infinite amounts of them with an automated system (i.e. breeders).
    2. Players must advance quite far in the game (at least a few hours of hard work) to be able to craft a nuke (i.e. own a breeder).
    3. Players must have plenty of raw materials.

Also the recipe would provide a little more satisfaction than simply crafting a whole bunch of nukes, and players would be more wise with their usage since the material costs are higher, but not unbelievable.

• Not only alloy, circuit and uranium, there must be an explosives. For example, 8 TNT around "Nuclear Bomb Core" (crafting from an alloy, circuit and uranium).

• why are you guys trying to make a 'dirty' bomb? the nuke as a weapon seems such a waste...

• Not only alloy, circuit and uranium, there must be an explosives. For example, 8 TNT around "Nuclear Bomb Core" (crafting from an alloy, circuit and uranium).

No, there doesn't need to be an explosive. If you look at designs of atom bombs, there are many variations. The kind you are talking about is the implosion assembly method. I am talking about the gun-type assembly, which is overall a much safer design. Besides, an "advanced" circuit that deals with the enormous powers of the MFSU and other high level machinery should be able to provide a sufficient current to trigger a nuclear core.

• No, there doesn't need to be an explosive. If you look at designs of atom bombs, there are many variations. The kind you are talking about is the implosion assembly method. I am talking about the gun-type assembly, which is overall a much safer design. Besides, an "advanced" circuit that deals with the enormous powers of the MFSU and other high level machinery should be able to provide a sufficient current to trigger a nuclear core.

Please do not speak about realism on this forum (The word isn't here, but ... it deals with realism).
    The point is just to think about how the Nuke could be more hard to get/especially for grieffers. Or the opposite, for those that want the Nuke cheaper (I won't say what I thik about them ...)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

Edited once, last by MatLaPatate ().

• Please do not speak about realis on this forum (The word isn't here, but ... it deals with realism).
    The point is just to think about how the Nuke could be more hard to get/especially for grieffers. Or the opposite, for those that want the Nuke cheaper (I won't say what I thik about them ...)

This doesn't really have to do with realism... I'm just turning a real-life concept into a logical recipe that fulfills the requirements. There has to be some degree of realism in all the recipes - the kind called continuity. Electronics are made with circuitry, and run on electricity. That's one of IC2's most basic concepts, taken directly from RL applications, but turned into something fun to play with. I think making a sort of nuclear warhead instead of sand+uranium might fulfill the needs of making nukes more expensive.

But hey - I didn't even bring it up first. Get on Boone's case for bringing it up rather than me.

• This doesn't really have to do with realism... I'm just turning a real-life concept into a logical recipe that fulfills the requirements. There has to be some degree of realism in all the recipes - the kind called continuity. Electronics are made with circuitry, and run on electricity. That's one of IC2's most basic concepts, taken directly from RL applications, but turned into something fun to play with. I think making a sort of nuclear warhead instead of sand+uranium might fulfill the needs of making nukes more expensive.

But hey - I didn't even bring it up first. Get on Boone's case for bringing it up rather than me.

Yeah, that's right: this will be stupid if machines consuming rubber and crafting of buckets and redstone.

• It's so bloody simple ... just do some research and the nuke problem is fixed ... and not a single line of IC2 code has to be changed.

mcmz4e aka MaryuZ aka 2.muCh.Pride

• Every cell add 2 to explosion power (quad cell will add 8, single cell 2)
    Reflectors drain 1 static, not affected by tier
    Plating drains percent based
    Heating cells provide 0.1 per item (6.4 full stack)

To provide 10 power explosion we will need 5 cells

• Every cell add 2 to explosion power (quad cell will add 8, single cell 2)
    Reflectors drain 1 static, not affected by tier
    Plating drains percent based
    Heating cells provide 0.1 per item (6.4 full stack)

To provide 10 power explosion we will need 5 cells

number of chambers doesn't factor in?

mcmz4e aka MaryuZ aka 2.muCh.Pride

• Yeah, that's right: this will be stupid if machines consuming rubber and crafting of buckets and redstone.

And ... to you two, what do you think about pickaxe crafted from cubic meter of cobble stone ? Of machine integrated certainly complex sysetm crafted with 8 Refined Iron Ingot ... to me it makes sense, but not more than crafting a nuke with gunpowder and Ura. I think the best way to improve the nuke would be to make it more expensive, Tier 2/3-based --> harder to get for grieffers/PvP users.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• You craft an iron sword using ingots and a stick... obsidian is hard to break...You punch wood to chop down a tree... If your thinking of realism in minecraft, your way off.

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• And ... to you two, what do you think about pickaxe crafted from cubic meter of cobble stone ? Of machine integrated certainly complex sysetm crafted with 8 Refined Iron Ingot ... to me it makes sense, but not more than crafting a nuke with gunpowder and Ura. I think the best way to improve the nuke would be to make it more expensive, Tier 2/3-based --> harder to get for grieffers/PvP users.

Which brings us back to the recipe I suggested in the first place: Advanced alloy, circuits, and of course Uranium. The alternative to this would be to use only Re-Enriched Uranium so you have to go through and use the Uranium in a reactor, then get a depleted rod, then re-enrich it in a breeder in order to make a nuke. This would make nukes very time consuming, but it would also mean players could get a constant stream of uranium by using a breeder. This is why I recommend adding an Advanced Circuit in the nuke crafting recipe to make the recipe require non-renewable materials.

• Which brings us back to the recipe I suggested in the first place: Advanced alloy, circuits, and of course Uranium. The alternative to this would be to use only Re-Enriched Uranium so you have to go through and use the Uranium in a reactor, then get a depleted rod, then re-enrich it in a breeder in order to make a nuke. This would make nukes very time consuming, but it would also mean players could get a constant stream of uranium by using a breeder. This is why I recommend adding an Advanced Circuit in the nuke crafting recipe to make the recipe require non-renewable materials.

Use Gregtech-addon.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Hello. My idea is change the nuclear bomb recipe to:

[TNT][TNT][TNT]
    [TNT] :Uranium Ingot: [TNT]
    [TNT][TNT][TNT]

This will be more realistic recipe (and easier).

Hahahahahaha... No

The word "realistic" its taboo in here, and we don't also want to give more power to the griefers. (And i seriously doubt a nuke its made with a single uranium bar surrounded by TNT)

Well actually, the original Manhattan project bombs were a piece of enriched uranium surrounded by TNT