Recyclers need a fix

• I just realised I've never had Ic2 without BC installed...until now....no BC...no RP2...no automation mod to say so...
    I also realised how big of a pain in the arse recyclers are without an automation mod ( pipe mod to be more exact ).
    Manually feeding recyclers to get the scrap for the UU for the Q suit for instance Is an absolute Hell... realistically speaking your only option without an automation mod is to get UU without scrap...
    With this said I suggest that recyclers be given multiple input slots (5-6).
    what would it do?
    well...with an automation mod installed like BC or RP2 nothing noteworthy would happen...the recycler just holds more stuff to be recycled ( at the same speed and power cost)...and would probably be automated in the same way with either mod as it was before.
    And without an automation mod installed...with just IC2 for instance...recyclers could actually be used to get scrap for the massfab.

• Official Post

Queue slots : Slow grinder from Adv Generators addon (Fallenbeast) , not that IC² core shouldn't have something like.

I think recyclers need a small rework.
    Adding +3 input slots , making 1 to 4 items be used in each operation, 1 item has 12.5% chance to produce scrap, 2 has 25%, 3 has 37.5% , 4 has 50%.
    But to do so all items should be different. If two input slots has same item, it only consumes one item from one input slot.
    Player must recycle 4 different items to achieve 50% scrap chance. Automation notes: Items input at sides, items output at top, battery in/output at bottom.

• You don't balance a mod based on the lack/addition of another mod. Why? too many mods out there to try to balance yourself around all of them, instead you just balance yourself internally and accept that any mod you add will shit on any self-balance you made for yourself.

• You don't balance a mod based on the lack/addition of another mod. Why? too many mods out there to try to balance yourself around all of them, instead you just balance yourself internally and accept that any mod you add will shit on any self-balance you made for yourself.

completely agreed, an verry good example is to add EE (equivelant exchange) to IC2, it fucks up all balancing in an big way

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Official Post

completely agreed, an verry good example is to add EE (equivelant exchange) to IC2, it fucks up all balancing in an big way

Not only IC², EE is only "balanced" with itself. Any other mod turns OP with it.

• Not only IC², EE is only "balanced" with itself. Any other mod turns OP with it.

herpadirp! :P second time u added more information to one of my post in under 5 minutes :P

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• as spawnX said, use my slow grinder from advgens,
    it has:

4 speeds
    9 input slots
    5 output slots
    and the ability to output scrap to nearby massfab,

it's what you might call an improvement :D
    link: [Addon v1.106]AdvGenerators²v2.2.5-Contest Results

• I just find this whole "there's an addon that does that" atitude super f-ing annoying!
    I don't want another addon...have enough as it is...I have absolutely no pleasure in seeing 60 mods installed in the bottom left corner of my screen.
    As it stands right now in IC2 mass fabrication by usage of scrap is a purely theoretical idea....practically you would have to manually place a metric shit-ton of "insert block here" into recyclers one stack at a time....taking...i don't know...2-3 hours of standing in front of an array of 10 recyclers ...and that is not industrial...it's f-ing lame...
    I believe I posted this in the IC2 suggestion section...not the addon suggestion so please stop talking about addons.
    And how in the name of Tesla did some of you get from requesting 5 input slots for the recycler to EE?...my jaw dropped when I saw EE mentioned...seriously...WTF?
    This feature would probably take a dev 30-60 minutes to implement and would have 0 effect on balance and 100% effect on gameplay.
    And another thing...whenever someone requests a feature and them 5 other people post their twisted OP versions of that feature of course the devs will say no...you're mind-f-ing them into refusing.

mcmz4e aka MaryuZ aka 2.muCh.Pride

• Tough luck mate, you're just gonna have to use addons because addons make a hayoish IC2 ten times as hayoish per individual addon!

• I just find this whole "there's an addon that does that" atitude super f-ing annoying!
    I don't want another addon...have enough as it is...I have absolutely no pleasure in seeing 60 mods installed in the bottom left corner of my screen.
    And another thing...whenever someone requests a feature and them 5 other people post their twisted OP versions of that feature of course the devs will say no...you're mind-f-ing them into refusing.

the point of addons is to add in things that al would never agree to that lots of people want, we're not making al say no by posting our versions, because he would either:
    A) not include it because he knows there are several addons for it, or
    B) not include it because he doesn't like the idea (and this seems like something that he wouldn't like to me)

so you need to either put up with another addon or get a mod that disables the mods list if you really can't stand it

(p.s. I find it really strange when people want something badly enough that they would post in the suggestions part of the forum but refuse to get an addon for it simply because "they don't want another addon")

• the point of addons is to add in things that al would never agree to that lots of people want, we're not making al say no by posting our versions, because he would either:
    A) not include it because he knows there are several addons for it, or
    B) not include it because he doesn't like the idea (and this seems like something that he wouldn't like to me)

so you need to either put up with another addon or get a mod that disables the mods list if you really can't stand it

(p.s. I find it really strange when people want something badly enough that they would post in the suggestions part of the forum but refuse to get an addon for it simply because "they don't want another addon")

I was gonna say more but I give up...Let's have it your way:
    Would you please make an addon that:
    1: Is for MC 1.4.2 and IC2 1.108
    2: does not require fallencore
    3: checks if Ic2 is installed and if true does this: (uses the same code that the miner uses to put mined items in a nearby chest) makes recyclers take items (but not scrap) from a nearby chest and also place the scrap it makes into that chest. (i chose this way so you don't have to change the GUI of the machine and also because I think you can use the existing code from the miner)
    4: adds no extra blocks, items nor recipes.
    5***: If you're really kind and wanna go pro: add code that makes miners and pumps check the nearby chest that they put items in and refill themselves with mining pipe and empty cells respectively.
    Thank you.

mcmz4e aka MaryuZ aka 2.muCh.Pride