Electric blocks retain charge when removed

• I'm with FenixR here, whether or not it could be considered OP is up to one factor, is taking around one block with you, when the next highest storage unit of energy holds 1/10th the amount of EUs that the block does, considered OP?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• FunFact: It takes 4 Laps + some negligible materials to make the MFSU. 1 lap = 1/10 of msfu. So you actually gain 10 lap on a single slot. Why bother carrying those again? (Charge Times are relative, since if you charge it to 1/10 its the same speed as charging one lap, but fully charging its the same speed of charging 10 lap)

Fundit: Im willing to shut my mouth on this issue just to annoy rawcode with his unstackable dilemma :X

• Ehhhh... I'm really iffy on this one. On the one hand, I can see the convenience factor behind this, including the ability to carry over the charge when upgrading the MFE to MFSU, that I like. But, on the other, I'm with FenixR, Nanomanz, and CrafterOfMines57 in regards to this change making the 'battery' items next to useless outside of crafting.

All in all, I'm a no for this.

• NBT easy to implement, but, this will make blocks unstackable...

I HATE unstackable items, and everyone else also shoud hate unstackable items, especially when you want to craft something like overcloker and this take LONG time.

• You've obviously never dropped a fully charged Lapotron in a pool of lava before...

And that can't happen with MFSUs in "item" form? There is honestly NO DISADVANTAGE AT ALL to using an MFSU, whose DOWNSIDE is that it's stationary.

It's like, "Remember how we made this really cool thing that holds lots of stuff but can't be moved without loosing the stuff? And how we made a lower capacity version that's portable? LET'S FUCK BALANCE AND MAKE THE STATIONARY ONE RETAIN CHARGE ON PICKUP" :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• Hmm ok, why not let it lose 10% of the currently stored EU for every pickup? Sure that won't make technically sense at all, but it would balance it a bit.

• 50% sounds fair enough. Either that or just don't make this a feature at all.

It all boils down if this will be a feature for Lazy Asses (Like 99% of MC population), or for people that do the occasional mistake of wrenching a filled MFSU. And if you choose the second group, remember that 50% its better than 0% (Like it is now)

Disclaimer: DO NOTE, that everything im discussing is about the MFSU/MSU/BatBox ONLY (Maybe Generators too since they can hold a considerable amount of energy). Regular machines like the Miner or macerator and stuff can pretty much be dismantled with their full energy still in storage since they don't really store that much to make it an issue. (Unless they store more energy than a regular battery, then it becomes an issue).

• FenixR pointed out something to me, I'm against letting MFSU/MFE/BatBox maintain energy for an extended period of time, if it retained it for only a short while, I might be fine with that solely for moving energy storage devices, however I am all for adding this feature to all machines and the normal generator for convenience purposes.

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

And that can't happen with MFSUs in "item" form? There is honestly NO DISADVANTAGE AT ALL to using an MFSU, whose DOWNSIDE is that it's stationary.

Other than the fact that one is more expensive than the other, and easier to replace when said accident occurs. Unless you have stacks of diamonds that you can constantly craft with, I doubt you can afford these kinds of mistakes.

And if its a matter of balance with storage capacity, then I doubt I can take your argument seriously. Half a stack of Buildcraft tanks full of lava equal more EU than a single MFSU, and they can be made by virtually nothing...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Other than the fact that one is more expensive than the other, and easier to replace when said accident occurs. Unless you have stacks of diamonds that you can constantly craft with, I doubt you can afford these kinds of mistakes.

And if its a matter of balance with storage capacity, then I doubt I can take your argument seriously. Half a stack of Buildcraft tanks full of lava equal more EU than a single MFSU, and they can be made by virtually nothing...

How many times have you honestly dropped a lapotron crystal into lava? Nobody is going to be stupid enough to just put down an MFSU in the middle of a dark cave and have an "accident" especially when placing a block.

How many times have you honestly dropped a lapotron crystal into lava? Nobody is going to be stupid enough to just put down an MFSU in the middle of a dark cave and have an "accident" especially when placing a block.

You're missing the point. The question is really WHY would you carry around items that cost:

16 coal
    45 copper
    10 diamond
    2 glowstone dust
    1 gold
    32 iron
    38 lapis lazuli
    110 redstone
    86 Rubber
    5 tin

... a piece? That's a ridiculous price just to have mobile storage, not to mention the ever-looming incidents of shit luck in Minecraft that can (and always do) happen. Plus, there are many other add-ons that can hold about the same charge for cheaper costs.

I really don't think this simple change is going to be that game breaking. Sure, lots of people may end up using storage blocks for more portable means, but that doesn't mean it'll be the next immediate 'go-to' item due to its cost. And even if people do go straight to an MFSU just for its 'mobile storage', then it'll mostly serve the same purpose as stationary storage, only less position restrictive...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• I really don't think this simple change is going to be that game breaking. Sure, lots of people may end up using storage blocks for more portable means, but that doesn't mean it'll be the next immediate 'go-to' item due to its cost. And even if people do go straight to an MFSU just for its 'mobile storage', then it'll mostly serve the same purpose as stationary storage, only less position restrictive...

I understand the cost, and I have a bad point, but GregTech adds sapphires that are way more common than diamonds and you can make lapotron crystals out of them, this makes MFSUs cheaper than ever. However off the subject of cross-mod compatibility, you are still getting a 16.66x increase in the amount of energy you can store in two inventory spaces, sure it's a possibility that it gets destroyed, but I think that people would be a little more cautious than usual when they are using one of the most expensive blocks in the game; it wouldn't become a less restrictive positioning mechanic, it would become an extra tier of portable energy storage, RE-Battery ==> BatPack ==> LapPack ==> MFSU.

• If we don't like the idea of people using storage blocks instead of the portable charge-retaining items, how about we suggest that storage blocks with charge lose their charge after a minute in inventory? Still helps for accidental removal, not so good for carrying around for extended periods.

• Official Post

If we don't like the idea of people using storage blocks instead of the portable charge-retaining items, how about we suggest that storage blocks with charge lose their charge after a minute in inventory? Still helps for accidental removal, not so good for carrying around for extended periods.

Like : holds its full charge for 30 seconds, after that it starts losing 1% every second or just instantly depletes.

• Yeah, it explodes in your bare hands after 24 seconds (instabillity thing, may someone else do the math? xD )

Edit: Oh and per Million EU you get 1.5 heart dmg ;D

• I'd go further. Join energy blocks, energy packs and energy batteries(crystals) together. Make just three (small, medium, and large) energy storages, that can be placed as block, worn as pack or used as batteries in other blocks.

• This change would be op certainly, portable modes of EU would become useless or infinitely refillable even if you didn't stack the mfsu carrying 2 of them would sort out your EU needs for a very long time.

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Life the universe and everything.

• When I had to move my mobile quarry, I had to get a battery and discharge the Batbox after removing the PV arrays. And let's not forget the wrench mechanic. One thing that can be added is the chance of your wrench receiving a full packet from the unit, giving the user a very nasty shock and partly draining the device.

A Rock Raider trained as an Engineer, among other things.