Electric blocks retain charge when removed

• Its easier to think IC2 exist in a vacuum rather than try to balance it taking in consideration the absurd amount of mods out there. Yes they are general methods to prevent other mods to interact with your mod, but they are just that, general. They are quite limited compared to specific methods for each mod, and general methods may also break some compatibility with other mods that you think its rather ok to have in your mod.

This is one, rather effective method, to approach minecraft modding. You also have the BTW approach of shunning yourself from forge to keep interaction with other mods to the minimum, keeping the "Purity" of your mod intact, or the TerraFirmaCraft approach in changing the basics of the game so much, that other mods barely affect anything at all.

• Everything but BatBox, MFE, and MFSU should retain energy, imo. Preferably, they should keep all upgrade inside of them as well, allowing for larger EU storages inside of the machines to be transported.

If Batbox, MFE, and MFSU can be transported with their EU, then remove the energy storage of batteries, energy crystals, and lapatron crystals and allow them to stack.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Everything but BatBox, MFE, and MFSU should retain energy, imo.

Good.

Preferably, they should keep all upgrade inside of them as well, allowing for larger EU storages inside of the machines to be transported.

The joke of not having mfsu+company to not retain full charges, its to not make lapotrons+company useless. Besides i don't think keeping upgrades in place its possible either.

If Batbox, MFE, and MFSU can be transported with their EU, then remove the energy storage of batteries, energy crystals, and lapatron crystals and allow them to stack.

What? Lapotrons and company can't be stacked because they use meta values to show how much EU they have stored (Making them too unique to allow stacking). Lapotron and Energy Crystal not stacking when empty its most likely a design choice. (Or a feature, w/e you want to call it)

• I already suggested this some months ago.
    AL denied this, I'll look for the link when I get home.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• The joke of not having mfsu+company to not retain full charges, its to not make lapotrons+company useless. Besides i don't think keeping upgrades in place its possible either.

What? Lapotrons and company can't be stacked because they use meta values to show how much EU they have stored (Making them too unique to allow stacking). Lapotron and Energy Crystal not stacking when empty its most likely a design choice. (Or a feature, w/e you want to call it)

If their ability to hold EU is removed, they can be stacked without any issue, no?

Allowing the upgrade to be held onto might be possible. Dunno. Interested if a response will be given in regards to that.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• My point was simply that some choices in the pursuit of balance invite trouble more than others. Sticking to approaches which are less prone to trouble is, as a general rule, preferable.

• The "Design choice/Feature" still applies for the crystals. And why would you want to remove their ability to hold EU in the first place?

If energy storage transfer abilities are moved to energy storage blocks instead of the items, you can then have the items stackable.

Otherwise, it's a moot point.

Personally, I think the question should be changed to 'Should Batboxes, MFE's, and MFSU's retain energy when wrenched' instead of what it is now- As the EU storage of all other machines are quite small. A Mass Fabricator saving it's percentage might be nice, though.

• Lemme repeat this again: EVEN IF you make if so that you lose charge on pickup, there is STILL almost no downsides. IF, say, you lose 10% of a full MFSU, JUST BRING ANOTHER LAPOTRON AND FILL IT UP WHEN YOU GET THERE. It still saves inventor space, AND has the added bonus of including an item charger to refill your Quantum/Lappack. This, in my opinion, is just a dumb idea and is completly unnecessary and useless. (Rant is over, and there should be a config if this is implemented.)

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• Well, one thing that could be added without any controversy is that failed machine removals should output a packet of the remaining EU should be transmitted to the player and the grid it is connected to if it is connected to one. That means if you are not wearing the proper forms of armor, bungling a MFE removal will almost certainly be lethal, a very good reason not to try to remove it and use it as a mobile charging bench if the main focus of this topic actually is implemented.

A Rock Raider trained as an Engineer, among other things.

• Official Post

As already mentioned before, holding all charge and lose all energy after 120 seconds is the best way to go in my opinion as people will have enough time to move it to another location, not lose energy on accidentally removed storage boxes/generators and people can't use them as portable storage.

• It's nice to suggest something that cannot be implemented in current version of minecraft.
    Items are not TE objects, they wont tick by it's own, especially inside vanilla or other mod's containers.
    With some proxy like special batpack this can be implemented, but without not.

• NBT easy to implement, but, this will make blocks unstackable...

I HATE unstackable items, and everyone else also shoud hate unstackable items, especially when you want to craft something like overcloker and this take LONG time.

This. If you make electric blocks retain charge, please, *please* add another wrench mode that drains the block upon removal and reverts it to a stackable state.

GENERATION (Pineapple + i): The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• I'm not going to join the controversy, because there is a simple solution: config option ftw!
    Even if all the peeps who dont want this crush the idea, screw you I'll just make an addon for it.
    May the good ideas never die!

• May another Energycrystal would solve this... with 10 Million EU
    The complaining ones would be satisfied and the *Iwannacarry10mioeusobadinoneslot* could do as they like.

• I'm not going to join the controversy, because there is a simple solution: config option ftw!
    Even if all the peeps who dont want this crush the idea, screw you I'll just make an addon for it.

*Rating* 5 Stars.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

And this is why you are one of my most favorite addon devs... lol

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.