Change the way the quantum helmet refills food

• How should the quantum helmet refill your food? 50

1. Using nothing, same EU amount (7) 14%
    2. Using nothing, for less EU (9) 18%
    3. Using nothing, for more EU (2) 4%
    4. Using normal food from your inventory (5) 10%
    5. Using canned food from your inventory (26) 52%
    6. Indifferent (1) 2%

Suggested by Killerbees, wanted to bring that to public. Another request for comments, another poll.

• There's not enough detail.

Using canned food... With what EU cost? What if there was no canned food?

Would it cost less EU and use canned food, or if there was no canned food it would use more EU without it?

Would it ONLY be canned food, and nothing else?

Would there be a config option involved in this, to allow people to choose?

Personal Opinion:

Uses Canned Food at a low EU cost to increase food/saturation both to full, otherwise use a much larger amount of EU to achieve the same, without the canned food. (Or, a config option, if nothing else.)

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Should use no EU for canned food, and it should "Generate" the equivalent of a UUMed for every "Can" it refills on own. Different modes would be nice too, to disable feeding of any kind or limit to just with canned, or just with EU. (I have to say, I like these dev polls, they really give the community a chance to discuss.)

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• it should use more Eu if it's on it's own, but if you have food in some way, shape or form, it will use alot less EU. the Helmet should also be upgradable so it can use less EU in exchange for less storage.

• Official Post

I'd like if helmet worked like this :
    Has internal storage (10 food points)
    Consume all food inside inventory to fill up internal storage, using EU to fill it.
    Less food giving items consumes less EU to fill it (as you would have to use more inventory space), and high food giving items (like cooked meat) would consume more.
    Canned food is a special type that consumes no EU. Empty cans are left inside inventory.
    Auto generates food to internal storage if its depleted (and there is no food item left inside inventory) for 10K EU per food point (current).

• Official Post

Make canned food worth like 2 - 4 food points for quantum helmet usage then. That will make canned food better than "normal" food.
    Or
    Make qhelmet give player Regeneration for 2 - 4 seconds (even if food points are full) and consume canned food to keep it until player is fully regenerated.

• I'm agreeing with the others: use canned food if available, otherwise use regular food if available, otherwise mass-fab it, at increasingly ridiculous EU costs.

For instance, you should get maybe 10 minutes of operation out of a fully-charged helmet fabbing food, and maybe 30 minutes when it's only processing regular food. On canned food, it should last a good long time, i.e. ~90 minutes or so.

• I'm agreeing with the others: use canned food if available, otherwise use regular food if available, otherwise mass-fab it, at increasingly ridiculous EU costs.

It's a horrible idea. I want to eat my food when i feel like it (at three hunger level, for example). And I want my helmet to protect me from poison and head trauma. Instead of force-feeding me first, end then suddenly discharge when out of food, leaving me without protection.

Don't change anything, or just remove helmet feed option at all.

• If cans were implemented as food source, can recipe should be buffed to like 24 cans for 5 tin. Just call me a tinpincher, but 4 cans for 5 tin is waaaay too low.

EDIT: I think i heard something about the cans being given back when eaten. I am in no position to test right now, but if this is true i would just buff the recipe to 8, or even keep it where it is. The wiki is a bit inconclusive.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

Edited once, last by wasmic ().

• I like the quantum helmet feeding properties just the way they are now.

If cans were implemented as food source, can recipe should be buffed to like 24 cans for 5 tin. Just call me a tinpincher, but 4 cans for 5 tin is waaaay too low.

EDIT: I think i heard something about the cans being given back when eaten. I am in no position to test right now, but if this is true i would just buff the recipe to 8, or even keep it where it is. The wiki is a bit inconclusive.

You get the empty cans back when you eat from them. A canning machine is a fantastic early game investment - it lets you eat zombie meat with no ill effects and makes your food go so much further.

GENERATION (Pineapple + i): The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• And I want my helmet to protect me from poison and head trauma. Instead of force-feeding me first, end then suddenly discharge when out of food, leaving me without protection.

Different modes would be nice too, to disable feeding of any kind or limit to just with canned, or just with EU.

Nothing to see here, please proceed.

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• Canned food rework to allow actually stack food by canning it (X food items consumed to create 1 canned food item (currently 1 food item create x canned food)).

New canned food shoud heal 40 joint food\exh, in case of eating single item shoud regen to 20\20
    in case of quantum helmet, as much as needed and any unused food stored inside helmet (similar to geotermal, up to 100 will be fine)

Unused food points shoud have some kind of display, second HP bar or dataline will be fine.

This will remove magic from quantum helmet and bring back food canning.

Effect removal also shoud use special crafts, like antibiotics, crafted from fungi or something similar, this will provide much more fun and completely eliminate magic.

• Hmm... Autofeeding when health is below max (from starving or otherwise) and food is below regeneration level - this would be better.

I support this, but I think it should be in a config option.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• THis should be a config option.

Personally, I like the quantum suit BECAUSE you don't have to give a crap about food. If you were to do that, then at least reduce the feeding cost and make it so that you can store food in the helmet in a canning machine that would somehow compress the food and be able to store it in there or something along those lines.

• I'm going for canned food.

Would it consume energy in that case ? I guess in that case Q-Helmet would need a little buff. (Energy consumption decreased or Regeneration effects I thougt).

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!