Gregtech thread locked in rather unneeded way.

• Exactly, I think the ic2 people are getting a little controling, when they think it is their duty to settle a dispute between other modders. That said, it is the ic2 forum, so they do have a right to lock anything they want on it. Its a messy situation, but i think its ok for the present at least.

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• I think it was more for shock value based on semi-false information. The config file did allow XyCraft and GregTech interaction, even though nobody had the password, Soaryn did not know that. Therefore I think it is understandable that he would want what he had stated previously to be done, so he saw a way to do that by getting Greg's attention through a thread lock. What's a bigger attention getter than finding your mod's thread locked? I didn't even know that nobody had the password, so I think it was just a mis-communication between modders as to if Soaryn's request had been acted upon.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Woot! Its unlocked, I like it when things that are bad like that are undone fast. Now that I got that small rant of my chest, time to start building an instance for 1.45. (Curse you Minecraft, YU update so much?!)

• Official Post

The only shocking thing for me was, that neither Richard no Soaryn, even bothered to check if their Informations were even right. And as Richard didnt remove the Downloadlink, I knew that this was just something planned long time before. Also Richard is a known troll, so I have to troll him back later.

• Is it just me, or was the whole core thing about this issue that Greg had integration with XYcraft,
    if so then the xycraft devs are, no offense, not very smart. integration stuff? really? you have a thread locked because someone made something that will help both mods? that makes alot of sense

• Official Post

Is it just me, or was the whole core thing about this issue that Greg had integration with XYcraft,
    if so then the xycraft devs are, no offense, not very smart. integration stuff? really? you have a thread locked because someone made something that will help both mods? that makes alot of sense

Dont forget that this Integration wasnt even public! It was only available to people, who decompiled my Code.

• I personnaly think that a modder has a right to include anything he wants in his mod. As long as he doesnt take someone elses work and release it as his own, i think adding compadibility is the right of any modder.

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• The locking of that thread was indeed unnecessary.a post of Soaryn saying that he would like his mod to stay in itself would had been just as effective, if not more.

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• In my oppinion it's the end-users who decide how they play their game. If they don't like integration between mods they simply don't install those mods or use config to turn it off.
    Mod authors enforcing other modders to not add features is an incredibly stupid thing to do and only lessens the options their own "clients", the send-users, can have.