Suggestion: Miner considers clay as valueable

• Could you add clay to the list of "ores" that the miner diggs up? It would be useful in situations where you're beachside, in a desert (where clay is supposed to spawn) or when you are mining from a platform on the sea where you can't see the ocean floor. Since clay can be rarer than diamonds it would be very useful for those who like brick houses :). I suppose the OD/OV scanner would have to be modified too.

• I support the idea,
    could be implemented into a .txt so that any ID's could be inputed. That way one could mine dirt if he wanted to >_> (well who know XD)

• And obsidian, please ^___^
    It is useful!

Cutiemark crusaders - engineers, Yay!
    Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

• I like the idea of a .txt file better although it should be coded into the game itself with miners that they mine glowstone clay obsidian and the new clay type comming in 1.8

• New idea. (New idea? Well I don't remember seeing it before. Might've missed it.) Add a couple of 'template' squares to the miner GUI - yeah I know it's already pretty full - where you can put extra stuff you want it to go after.

And information bar please ^^ i was very useful in IC1. And the idea is interesting...

Cutiemark crusaders - engineers, Yay!
    Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

• Like the idea of putting additional blocks to specify, however the vanilla blocks (clay, glowstone etc.) should by default be mined. Have the miner slots for ores generated by other mods for example aluminum ore or something like that.

• Official Post

Clay? Heck, you only find clay on surface. Unless you place a miner on top of clay (which is stupid, because you could just shovel it), that would be useless.
    Glowstone isn't exactly something to be found underground either :/

Afaik only detecting ores (and lava if connected to a pump) is fine as it is. Ntm you can write addons to add more ores to the Scanner-list already... which will cause the miner to detect them as well.

• Clay? Heck, you only find clay on surface. Unless you place a miner on top of clay (which is stupid, because you could just shovel it), that would be useless.
    Glowstone isn't exactly something to be found underground either :/

Afaik only detecting ores (and lava if connected to a pump) is fine as it is. Ntm you can write addons to add more ores to the Scanner-list already... which will cause the miner to detect them as well.

1. Place miner in SMP on top of others hideout
    2. Switch on miner
    3. Profit.

seriously though, I agree, clay and glowstone are things not usually resourced through miners. Would be pretty thickheaded to waste precious alblakas (new unit for time spent coding) on this.