MineForge Problem

• Hello,
    i already used the search function but cant find a thread about this problem.
    So my problem is, how can i install MineForge ? I cant find a working Download link or a tutorial for it.
    Would be nice if somone can help me to solve the problem.

• You could maybe try at www.minecraftforge.net?
    It's the official forum for MCForge.
    EDIT: Let me google that for you, if it is so hard.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• Can you get to http://files.minecraftforge.net/?

That's the direct download listing.

To install just download the "universal" .zip from that list (I'm using the latest [411])
    Create a copy of your minecraft.jar in case you need to roll back to the default for some reason
    Open up your minecraft.jar in WinZip or 7Zip (I recommend 7Zip)
    Delete META-INF from minecraft.jar
    Open the forge .zip you just downloaded also in WinZip or 7Zip and copy EVERYTHING from the forge .zip to the minecraft.jar
    Close both WinZip or 7Zip windows and run Minecraft as normal

An easier way would be to use a launcher like MultiMC which can handle downloading and installing Forge for you (though I don't use it so you'd have to google that one)

• On the server it's even simpler -- put the minecraftforge-universal zip in the same directory as minecraft_server.jar and run it instead of the jar. No need to mess around with 7zip at all.

• Official Post

On the server it's even simpler -- put the minecraftforge-universal zip in the same directory as minecraft_server.jar and run it instead of the jar. No need to mess around with 7zip at all.

I'm not an expert of Serverhosting, but didnt you forget to rename the "zip"-ending to "jar", before you can execute it?

• Did you forget to have minecraft_server.jar in the same folder as the forge jar? Are you running the wrong thing? I really don't have the information to help you here.

• Ah, well, that would've been back in... 1.2.5? Maybe before that? You're talking several months ago, at least. A lot has changed since, among them the fact that CraftBukkit doesn't seem to be keeping up too well. Forge and vanilla have instead taken some steps towards becoming more useful by themselves -- you can judge for yourself how much so given that there's still nothing like LogBlock that I know of, but I think a large part of what bukkit addons could do have Forge equivalents.

Jar and zip are mostly interchangeable terms around Minecraft, since a jar is literally just a zip with a little bit of meta-data tacked on that Java knows how to look for.

I doubt anyone in this forum will be able to help you with bukkit, we don't really speak it and it's not officially supported by IC2 proper.

• Ah, well, that would've been back in... 1.2.5? Maybe before that? You're talking several months ago, at least. A lot has changed since, among them the fact that CraftBukkit doesn't seem to be keeping up too well. Forge and vanilla have instead taken some steps towards becoming more useful by themselves -- you can judge for yourself how much so given that there's still nothing like LogBlock that I know of, but I think a large part of what bukkit addons could do have Forge equivalents.

Jar and zip are mostly interchangeable terms around Minecraft, since a jar is literally just a zip with a little bit of meta-data tacked on that Java knows how to look for.

I doubt anyone in this forum will be able to help you with bukkit, we don't really speak it and it's not officially supported by IC2 proper.

Oh ok, i doesnt noticed that vanilla got so many changes. I'll try it.
    Where can i get the Vanilla Plugins like the Bukkit Plugins ?