[MC 1.4.6] Open Beta v1.112

• Something seems wonky with the API, I updated a few mods (not including this one) and suddenly got a crash from every mod that tried to use the API, including Forestry.

An example of what I get from GregTech is:

Let’s play good guys against bad guys… Yes. Let’s play that. Are you ready? You’re the bad guy. And when you’re bad, you just run. That’s fine right? Well… Shall we play?

• Delete the API folders.

• Delete the API folders.

Soon as I find them. :P

EDIT: I'm about to sound like a total idiot here, but where are they?

Let’s play good guys against bad guys… Yes. Let’s play that. Are you ready? You’re the bad guy. And when you’re bad, you just run. That’s fine right? Well… Shall we play?

• all right. Open up the .zip folders of all the mods you listed (except IC2 of course), and there should be a folder named "ic2". Delete that.
    Or take a look at this thread: Trivial fix for 'incompatibilitys' of a NEW IC² version to other mods.

EDIT: At least I *think* that's the problem. Though deleting the ic2 folders shouldn't have an adverse effect, other than not letting the mod run without IC² present :P

Hmm, weird, such folders don't appear to exist in GraviSuite and GregTech, which were causing the crashes.

And I'm getting a NullPointerException, not a NoSuchMethodError, so that might not be the reason for the crash. The crash from GregTech looked like it was related to adding the RE-Battery to the Ore Dictionary, but, again, a bunch of other add-ons gave me the crash.

• @above, I suggest starting with just IC2 and GregTech, and then adding mods from there to find the source of the problem.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• @above, I suggest starting with just IC2 and GregTech, and then adding mods from there to find the source of the problem.

Got it, trying.

EDIT: Now OmniTools is complaining that Forestry has no Pipette item, which it does. Curiouser and curiouser.

EDIT again: We have found the source of the problem! OmniTools seems to mess the (bleep) out of Forestry's and IC2's API.

Edited 2 times, last by Craftiyan ().

• EDIT again: We have found the source of the problem! OmniTools seems to mess the (bleep) out of Forestry's and IC2's API.

If you think OmniTools is the problem, try updating to the latest version here.

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I have the recommended version of forge installed, but when i put the ic2 file in the mods folder, it crashes at startup, so then i delete the mod and my game works fine. what do i do?? please help :S

• I have the recommended version of forge installed, but when i put the ic2 file in the mods folder, it crashes at startup, so then i delete the mod and my game works fine. what do i do?? please help :S

What do you do? You post an error log of course! Sorry, people can't help unless you post an error log using the instructions here.

• It works fine, but it is extremely laggy! I can manage to play on my server, and my friends too, but after an hour or two my PC starts overheating.

• :pinch:
    PC overheating is not an IC2 problem... have you looked at the max safe temp of your CPU and made sure that the BIOS turns on fans before it gets that hot? (EG. if the max is 70 C then start the fans at 55 C)

EDIT: also check that there is airflow around the tower (don't hide your PC in a confined un-ventilated space) and make sure that your fans are running.

• Also, we are not responsible for breaking some POS that was bought at Walmart. MineCraft is fairly resource demanding. If your not using it, go check out Optifine. If you are, make sure your using the latest Java, and 64 bit version if your OS is 64 bit. If that doesn't help enough, I suggest buying a gun, some bullets, then give your old computer a send off. Finally, go buy something that isn't overmarketed or from Walmart, or build your own computer.

P.S. Discrete Graphics card is a must, even if you don't normally play any games, you won't believe the difference a $150 card can make.

P.P.S (POS = Piece of Shit)

P.P.P.S Computers function like humans. The need an air intake, and a second fan for an outlet is good.

P.P.P.P.S Getting tired of these by now? lol

• I've got the latest java, of course. OptiFine is also installed and the PC is a laptop/notebook which does stand ventilated.
    It appears the E-Net is buggy. It takes too much of my CPU, which results in lag. It wasn't that laggy in the last version I had installed (1.2.5).

• I get this error continually in the console, anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT: Updating to the latest snapshot fixed this.

• Appologies for sounding retarded, or just plain stupid but I can't seem to get IndustrialCraft 2 [beta version] to load. While minecraft is loading fine it doesn't run with IC2; Any mods requiring IC2 give 'not found' error as well; using 1.4.6 MC version and 6.5.0.489 Forge version MCP of 7.25 and FML of 4.6.17.515. Does anyone have possible solutions for this error ? I found similar problem way back, but it was error based on version mismatch.