[MC 1.4.6] Open Beta v1.112

• Ok, since I don't know what Hadaniel's exact error is, I'm going to walk you through it ;)

1. Only install Forge (assume you know how to do that): http://files.minecraftforge.net
    2. Start Minecraft, and verify that Forge works.
    2. Download IC2 1.112.xxx, and place it in the mods folder unchanged (delete all other mods first, to verify that other mods aren't causing the problems).
    4. Start Minecraft. If IC2 doesn't display, look at ForgeModLoader-Client-0.log inside .minecraft for any suspicious stuff. See if Forge even recognizes IC2.
    5. If you suspect an error, post it in Support.

• Edited once, last by imer: added spoiler ().

• Read it. It'll tell you the error.
    Specifically,

• Ok, since I don't know what Hadaniel's exact error is, I'm going to walk you through it ;)

1. Only install Forge (assume you know how to do that): http://files.minecraftforge.net
    2. Start Minecraft, and verify that Forge works.
    2. Download IC2 1.112.xxx, and place it in the mods folder unchanged (delete all other mods first, to verify that other mods aren't causing the problems).
    4. Start Minecraft. If IC2 doesn't display, look at ForgeModLoader-Client-0.log inside .minecraft for any suspicious stuff. See if Forge even recognizes IC2.
    5. If you suspect an error, post it in Support.

I've been using forge quite a long time; Checked version thrice before posting error, checked it to be working, downloaded IC2 as said, error is not caused by any other mod [note : there IS no error, IC is just not visible or usabe]. Forge does not recognize IC2, only suspicious thing is that it 'cannot access IC2 files' as if file was corrupted, but redownloading IC2 does nothing to fix it.

• I've been using forge quite a long time; Checked version thrice before posting error, checked it to be working, downloaded IC2 as said, error is not caused by any other mod [note : there IS no error, IC is just not visible or usabe]. Forge does not recognize IC2, only suspicious thing is that it 'cannot access IC2 files' as if file was corrupted, but redownloading IC2 does nothing to fix it.

What browser are you using?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I've been using forge quite a long time; Checked version thrice before posting error, checked it to be working, downloaded IC2 as said, error is not caused by any other mod [note : there IS no error, IC is just not visible or usabe]. Forge does not recognize IC2, only suspicious thing is that it 'cannot access IC2 files' as if file was corrupted, but redownloading IC2 does nothing to fix it.

Try if you can open the ZIP file with a ZIP tool to verify that it is not corrupted. If it is, there is something wrong with the way you are downloading it. Otherwise check the security permissions on the file in your mods folder.

• can someone help me, i was trying to use computer craft and industrial craft at the same time but it crashes after mojang..

minecraft version 1.4.6

forge: Build 6.5.0.489

IC2 version 1.112 (from this post)

computer craft: 1.481

crash reports:
    http://pastebin.com/5n1dNNNb

txt file: http://pastebin.com/PZZ5S04S

• You have an id conflict, go into the ComputerCraft.cfg in your config folder and change the block id to something else that isn't occupied

• You have an id conflict, go into the ComputerCraft.cfg in your config folder and change the block id to something else that isn't occupied

that was what i did just after the crash, but its weird since it keeps giving me the same problem for not used ids..

• that was what i did just after the crash, but its weird since it keeps giving me the same problem for not used ids..

Mmhm, then maybe you should keep changing them. Unless you mean they're not in the .cfg

• Hello! Can I somehow disable jetpacks and mining lasers craft? (on server)
    I think these things too cheap for they power.
    Thanks.

• Hello! Can I somehow disable jetpacks and mining lasers craft? (on server)
    I think these things too cheap for they power.
    Thanks.

Use >>this mod<< (your players will not need to install it):

If you want a mining laser with an alternative, harder recipe, you can check out GregTech, which also nerfs a lot of other things. (all can be configured).

• Can you update ic2 to bukkit with forge 472, I have mucho problems vith chunks.

The IC2 team does not deal with Bukkit, it would be better to ask on the Bukkit forums.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I've found that I can't craft a machine block. The common recipe for a machine block is an "empty circle" made of refined iron.
    But if I try it, I craft a YELLOW PIPE WIRE (Item ID 4072) from BuildCraft, which is supposed to be crafted from a Assembly Table.

I've tried to look for the Machine Block in Not Enough Items, but when I use the U key on the refined Iron, the machine block doesn't appear on the shaped crafting list. And if the search the block for it's name, I can't find it on the list.

What I think of, is how will I be able make machines from IC2 in a survival world?
    I can't go into Creative always... and I'm not sure if this is caused by the beta. 8|

• I've found that I can't craft a machine block. The common recipe for a machine block is an "empty circle" made of refined iron.
    But if I try it, I craft a YELLOW PIPE WIRE (Item ID 4072) from BuildCraft, which is supposed to be crafted from a Assembly Table.

I've tried to look for the Machine Block in Not Enough Items, but when I use the U key on the refined Iron, the machine block doesn't appear on the shaped crafting list. And if the search the block for it's name, I can't find it on the list.

What I think of, is how will I be able make machines from IC2 in a survival world?
    I can't go into Creative always... and I'm not sure if this is caused by the beta. 8|

The configuration of BC was royally messed up once... you should update your IC2 and BC and regenerate their config file. Additionally, something to do with the RefIron & Steel thing with Railcraft may affect the crafting of certain IC2 objects that use refiron.

• So I know people have been posting about the WARNING spam from certain IC2 machines (and Adv Machines) so I thought I'd crosspost this from the AdvMachines thread just FYI-like.

And while we're on the topic of WARNING spam, running the 187 build I still get warnings from the transformer blocks, which leads me to believe it's related to my findings with the AdvMachines.
    Different warning, but still rather annoying to see show up every 30 seconds:

• You realize the error you're reporting has been reported at least ~10 times by now...
    It means the machines are in unloaded chunks, and therefore cannot emit energy, even though they want to.

• We finally wrote a mod that collects all of ic2's console errors and returns them as debug errors. Forge log still logs them but the server ram is no longer consumed until it crashes. Also our console no longer as any ic2 related messages period. I guess this is the route us server owners are going to have to take today when we want things fixed.