Rocket Propelled... Mining Launcher

• Alblaka posted:

You can suggest 'building tools' which can double as weapons. F.e. Mining Laser and Chainsaw are primary utility, but work for fighting as well.

Industrialcraft needs a more... err... well, it needs more explosions, anyhow. For mining, of course. Nobody ever uses explosives to kill things, because that is just... not how people do things, am I right?

Anyways, moving to the main event, the thing I'm posting about. The rocket propelled mining launcher is effectively an effective iTNT (woops, i meant ITNT, dammit Apple) dispersal device capable of placing detonate-on-contact ITNT to wherever the player decides it shall go. It would be a simple system, and not require EU to function. It is to the mining laser as the jetpack is to the electric jetpack. It would also be more convenient than having to stand next to short-fused ITNT.

The launcher itself would be a simple assembly of reinforced iron and a circuit (no battery necessary). The "capsules" would be as such: 1 ITNT, 1 gunpowder, 4 paper for 1 capsule. Then, either craft the capsule and the launcher together to load it, or hold the launcher in your hand and right click to load a capsule from your inventory.

The contribution this would make to mining efforts everywhere would be enormous, and greatly appreciated. We need an(other) effective mining tool!

• well, it needs more explosions, anyhow. For mining, of course.

I do not particullary support the suggestion but ... I agree with the quote: we need more way to mine with explosive, and maybe more efficient ways (because obviously spending your time hunting creepers to get gunpowder in order to mne with dynamite is currently a waste of time compared to mine with normal tools ...). Maybe a cheaper dynamite recipe ? Or a way to use it in a more efficient way ? 15 Gunpowder for about 300 blocks mined seems too much to me (but also better than the vanilla Minecraft way to do ^^).

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Nice idea but we also need a better way to get ITNT

I have 3 stacks of ITNT. Was 4, but I wanted to try using it as a weapon against the wither (this doesn't work).

The coal+redstone-->gunpowder recipe is quite nice in this regard.

• What about additional slot for autominer? You put ITNT into it, and autominer place it every 5 or 6 blocks. After detonation we have nice hole in the earth and lot of fun! :)

• I have 3 stacks of ITNT. Was 4, but I wanted to try using it as a weapon against the wither (this doesn't work).

The coal+redstone-->gunpowder recipe is quite nice in this regard.

But why (except purely for blowing shit up just for fun) would one do that? Its not effective as mining tool there way better ways to mine. Besides coal is used in carbon plates. So unless you got other mods that can mass produce gunpowder at a decent cost its not really a viable tactic.

• Official Post

I have 3 stacks of ITNT. Was 4, but I wanted to try using it as a weapon against the wither (this doesn't work).

ITNT against the Wither? Why don't you just use the Wither as 3x3x4 Tunnel Bore? That's even possible in vanilla MC! That saves the ITNT for the Wither and the ITNT for the Mine at once!

• The answer to both of your questions is: For the lulz. TNT just amuses me, ITNT gives me a bigger pile to detonate at once (if about the same blast) so its even more amusing, I was just addressing the 'we need more gunpowder' thing.

And coal tends to pile up on me*. Mooostly it goes toward diamonds, but I'm actually running a surplus on those right now.

*though I'll be switching back to autominers due to copper shortage, and expect to run a coal shortage again cause of lack of fortune III, so my shenanigans may be limited.

Though tunnel bore? I know the wither can cobblegen, not heard of tunnel boring. Do you just dig a tunnel and use the wither to widen it for you as it chases?