~0.7.0-534~ MachineMuse's Modular Powersuits

• I can confirm it works.

+1, Running modular powersuits 0.2.1-67 with IC2 1.115.213-lf without issues so far.

Unrelated suggestion:

Using a keybing that's bound to a module that isn't currently on any equipped armor pieces should give some kind of an error, just spent 2 minutes figuring out why my nightvision stopped working... with my helmet in my backpack :P

• +1, Running modular powersuits 0.2.1-67 with IC2 1.115.213-lf without issues so far.

Unrelated suggestion:

Using a keybing that's bound to a module that isn't currently on any equipped armor pieces should give some kind of an error, just spent 2 minutes figuring out why my nightvision stopped working... with my helmet in my backpack :P

Err, there is a small programmatic tradeoff involved there. I will try to come up with a solution. Thanks for the report.

• Erm I don't understand your reply. Does it mean that my OP/Creative-only module suggestion is denied?

• A few more module ideas:

• EU HUD, Conductive Pipe MJ HUD and RE-Conduit-MJ HUD modules. I know you already have a EU-reader planned, but there was a mod before that added ability to see amount of current passing through a wire visually.
    • Structure the Thaumic Wand Module (from To-Do list) to be like the pickaxe and diamond upgrades, the basic Wand of the Apprentice module holds 50 vis while you need the Energy-Thaumic Interaction Research to create a piece to upgrade the Wand of the Apprentice module to the Wand of the Adept module, and so on...
    • Something for pyrotechnics (:p) like an electronic flint-and-steel and handheld firework dispensers.
    • When IV drops are implemented, maybe an "artificial food substance" that increases your saturation level instead of feeding food to you? Additionally, antidotes.

As for energy, would you implement a configuration to display which units of energy to display in the tooltip?

EDIT: Okay...

• Erm I don't understand your reply. Does it mean that my OP/Creative-only module suggestion is denied?

Correct. :P But you can add them yourself via API.

A few more module ideas:

• EU HUD, Conductive Pipe MJ HUD and RE-Conduit-MJ HUD modules. I know you already have a EU-reader planned, but there was a mod before that added ability to see amount of current passing through a wire visually.
    • Structure the Thaumic Wand Module (from To-Do list) to be like the pickaxe and diamond upgrades, the basic Wand of the Apprentice module holds 50 vis while you need the Energy-Thaumic Interaction Research to create a piece to upgrade the Wand of the Apprentice module to the Wand of the Adept module, and so on...
    • Something for pyrotechnics (:p) like an electronic flint-and-steel and handheld firework dispensers.
    • When IV drops are implemented, maybe an "artificial food substance" that increases your saturation level instead of feeding food to you? Additionally, antidotes.

True, adding research would make the thaumcraft interactions make more sense. -nod-

As for energy, would you implement a configuration to display which units of energy to display in the tooltip?

Possibly

Absolutely love this mod.

Only found it yesterday, but it is amazing! Keep up the good work :D

Thanks! Glad you like it :)

• Added a 'flight control' module. It's not quite creative flight, but it will try to keep you steady in midair and stop you from hitting the ground at more than 1 m/s. Note that it drains energy pretty much constantly and will fly you along the ground - keybinding definitely recommended for those who choose this option.

(note: I put the down key on 'Z' instead of shift because shift-clicking blocks is frustrating.)

• May have found a bug with the new flight control module: With just a helmet and a chest on, the jetpack takes the energy it should, however when you activate the control module the jetpack stops taking energy and is essentially free flight. This was tested with only a chest with a HV cap. + jetpack and a helmet with NO energy storage device, but the control module installed.

• May have found a bug with the new flight control module: With just a helmet and a chest on, the jetpack takes the energy it should, however when you activate the control module the jetpack stops taking energy and is essentially free flight. This was tested with only a chest with a HV cap. + jetpack and a helmet with NO energy storage device, but the control module installed.

On the one hand, that's soort of intentional since flight control is supposed to keep you level, which uses a lot less thrust than flying around.

On the other hand, I forgot to include the 'steadying' parts in the energy cost.

While tweaking that, I noticed some issues with how it handles 'braking', and on further inspection I'm really not sure how to solve them, so for now it only brakes horizontally when you have no directional buttons pressed at all. Initial tests suggest that this is just as usable and feels a bit more responsive for going up/down, but the drift might still annoy people. Well, too bad; I am going to at least pay lip service to physics here. :P

Build #85 should do it.

• In the table, modifying a helm, the vision category is outside the blue area, and is getting covered by the salvage/install area. Also if you are going to split vision stuff into a separate category... why on earth isn't NightVISON under it? :P

About the flight control module ... Something feels really wrong about how forward and backward movement works, i'm having to hold my view at the horizon, which combined with the UI elements on the bottom of the screen makes makes me unable to see above what i'm actualy flying. Backwards just seems to drop height even when i'm looking at the horizon, so no idea what's up with that.

In general i feel that unless you are pressing space or z your Y level should stay the same and forward/back controls should only control that axxis just like left and right do.

• In the table, modifying a helm, the vision category is outside the blue area, and is getting covered by the salvage/install area. Also if you are going to split vision stuff into a separate category... why on earth isn't NightVISON under it? :P

About the flight control module ... Something feels really wrong about how forward and backward movement works, i'm having to hold my view at the horizon, which combined with the UI elements on the bottom of the screen makes makes me unable to see above what i'm actualy flying. Backwards just seems to drop height even when i'm looking at the horizon, so no idea what's up with that.

In general i feel that unless you are pressing space or z your Y level should stay the same and forward/back controls should only control that axxis just like left and right do.

I screwed up a bit, there are some new builds

• Umm i'm on #89 currently, which shows as the last build on jenkins (and matches the last commit on github) is there something i'm missing?

oh, crap, yeah, the scrolliness is not working yet so I just changed all the vision modules to 'special', but the thaumgoggles module is in a different file. ok, that should be fixed now

as for the 'backwards drops height' thing, yeah it still needs work :V

• When I install this mod and open my inventory, the section in NEI that comes after the tinker table is dark.

Anything I can do about that?
    Using ModularPowersuits v0.2.0-42, IC2 v1.115.207, NEI 1.4.5.1