Blocking code in IC2?

• [but seriously, this was the funniest thing I have heard all day and I wonder if it was intended to be serious]

It wasn't, but I will say this about adfly its the worst thing to happen to the minecraft community and any mods or modpack that uses it needs to get slaped with DMCA from mojang.

• It wasn't, but I will say this about adfly its the worst thing to happen to the minecraft community and any mods or modpack that uses it needs to get slaped with DMCA from mojang.

Wrong.
    Quote from their Terms of Service:

What You Can Do

If you've bought the game, you may play around with it and modify it. We'd appreciate it if you didn't use this for griefing, though, and remember not to distribute the changed versions of our software. Basically, mods (or plugins, or tools) are cool (you can distribute those), hacked versions of the Minecraft client or server are not (you can't distribute those).

Any tools you write for the game from scratch belongs to you. Other than commercial use (unless specifically authorized by us in our brand and assets usage guidelines - for instance you are allowed to put ads on your YouTube videos containing Minecraft footage), you're free to do whatever you want with screenshots and videos of the game, but don't just rip art resources and pass them around, that's no fun. Plugins for the game also belong to you and you can do whatever you want with them, as long as you don't sell them for money. We reserve the final say regarding what constitutes a tool/plugin and what doesn't.

• I would have quoted a different law but american laws are all I could find.

And to everyone saying America is the only country that matters, it is you that makes us look ignorant.

• Well America is really the only country that matters

Good god, just shut the hell up. As a fellow American, you make me embarrased to be from the same country as you. Your world view needs to expand a bit. We are not the be all, end all country and God's gift to humanity.

ToS aren't law and eula's get thrown out of court all of the time.

This isn't about terms of service or end user licensing agreements. This is about COPYRIGHT LAW, which does not get thrown out of court all of the time. See multiple cases of copyright infringement where end users of music and video products have been SUCCESSFULLY SUED by the RIAA/MPAA for hundreds of thousands of dollars, for copyright infringement. I am not saying that the IC2 dev team is going to go to those lengths, but they would have the legal right. US citizens are subject to US law and foreign entities are able to bring that law to bear on you.

In terms of the Nintendo/GameGenie lawsuit I keep seeing referenced as showing that mods authors have no claims against people using their mods however they want, Mojang has clearly stated that content developed by you, is YOURS, which immediately pulls it out of the realm of that prior lawsuit. It no longer applies.

This is all a bunch of bullshit honestly. Most mod developers are very reasonable in their requests. It's lazy modpack developers that choose not to follow them. The arms race I'm seeing starting is going to destroy the modding community. Both sides need to figure this shit out.

• Official Post

Well America is really the only country that matters

It is not the only country in the world, and even if it has economic and political power it doesnt rule the world. Also America is a continent, not (only) a country. I'm american (and brazillian).

Why bothering about laws if you can simply give credit to IC² devs when creating modpacks? It is so easy...

• This is all a bunch of bullshit honestly. Most mod developers are very reasonable in their requests. It's lazy modpack developers that choose not to follow them. The arms race I'm seeing starting is going to destroy the modding community. Both sides need to figure this shit out.

^^

• Doesn't Railcraft already delete vanilla recipes and insert its own?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Maybe because they think they're doing everyone a favour by providing for people who don't want to learn how to resolve simple ID conflicts, or even learn how to add mods in general, so are therefore providing a service and modders should be grateful they're making it easier for such people?
    Couldn't care less if that's the case, it's just how it seems to me. Technic/Tekkit= Minecraft modding for people who can't be bothered to learn a few simple thing, as far as I'm concerned.
    FTB is another matter, on the other hand. They at least have the manners to ask, provide credit, etc.

• Lol, they tell Covert to learn English, because he moreless accidently mispelled "Tekkit Lite", by saying "Technic Lite". XD

Seriously, why cant the People of Technic/Tekkit just ASK FOR PERMISSION or FOLLOW THE MODPACK REDISTRIBUTION POLICIES to get the Mods? Its a small thing they could do, before that happens...

I am using the Technic Beta launcher to distribute my mod pack since it has the increased permgen option we need to get our pack to run, so no its not Technic doing this its end users and CJ is attacking anything launching from a pluspluslauncher directory this would also happened to FTB if they had railcraft 6.15.

• And yet, if they had done the right thing, it would be removed and not happen any more. A simple thing. Why is it so hard for Technic's people to do, hm?

• And yet, if they had done the right thing, it would be removed and not happen any more. A simple thing. Why is it so hard for Technic's people to do, hm?

Read my post I am not using anything technic except the launcher, if you launch railcraft 6.15 from the pluspluslauncher folder from anything you will get this error this also include FTB and multimc.

• Right, but that's because it *is* the technic launcher you're using. And if Technic had done the right thing, there would have been no need for the code in Railcraft, and we would not all be arguing this point.Thus, Technic's people are still to blame. I stand by my point.

• Right, but that's because it *is* the technic launcher you're using. And if Technic had done the right thing, there would have been no need for the code in Railcraft, and we would not all be arguing this point.Thus, Technic's people are still to blame. I stand by my point.

No they are not because this also happens with multimc and ftb the problem is with railcraft, railcraft does not target technic or its launcher it only targets stuff launching from the pluspluslauncher folder. You can test this yourself grab the latest railcraft and launch your minecraft from pluspluslauncher.

• Then the solution is simple. Don't use that folder.
    Better yet, don't use a modpack launcher at all. While I'll grant Magic Launcher and the like are useful, all you really need is a backup of minecraft.jar, a text editor, an archiving tool that can open minecraft.jar and a little patience to be willing to change your ID's and/or mods to the settings of whatever server you're logging into are. Then you avoid the issue entirely.
    Granted, that causes problems when trying to distribute modpacks, but I see that as a minor inconvenience I can put up with. By running with only the default launcher and those things above, I have the freedom to run whatever mods I want, at whatever versions I want, with whatever config I want. I'm not restrained to whatever Minecraft the launcher uses (Such as for example the long time Technic was stuck at 1.2.5), I'm not restrained to someone else's idea of what the best combination of mods are, I can up or downgrade both Minecraft and the mods as I please - in short, I find things better without a custom launcher.

I just use Magic for the convenience of it - and I don't suffer from the problem you do.