[1.5.2] [SSP/SMP] IndustrialCraft 2 Combo Armors v1.14.3

• IndustrialCraft 2 Combo Armors v1.14.3

IndustrialCraft 2 Combo Armors, or IC2CA, is an addon for the IndustrialCraft 2 mod for Minecraft. Remember all those times you wanted to use your Electric Jetpack (because who doesn't love to fly) but your Mining Laser was out of energy? Or maybe you wanted to recharge your Nano Saber and have some reasonable protection from a NanoSuit Chestplate at the same time? Well, as you may have guessed from my corny intro and the title, this mod adds many different items that allow you to do just that. You can combine all of the electrical armors from IC2 to create a wide variety of different armors, from the Solar QuantumSuit Helmet to the LapiJetpack to the Ultimate QuantumSuit Bodyarmor.

Also, currently in development is a cool upgrade system that will allow you to make your cool armors even cooler. From something as simple as a Solar Production module that will make a Solar Helmet more efficient, to something as cool as the Cloaking Module that allows you to turn invisible, we have a long list of upgrades.

Lastly, we added a Nano Bow to match the Nano Saber. Even though it doesn't fit with the whole combo armors thing, we felt it was necessary :).

Credits

UnixRano: Project Head, Lead Coder, Artist, Design
    FranticSigil: Lead Design, Coder, Beta Tester
    MasterMan1010: Lead Artist, Design, Beta Tester
    Ishaan1: Lead Wiki Design, Beta Tester, Test Server Owner
    Kyogredude: Coder, Design, Beta Tester
    DragnHntr: Lead Wiki Contributor, Wiki Moderator, Awesome Person

Help continue the development of IC2CA!

v1.14.3 Changelog
    -Fixed a bug where jetpacks with high Max EU would be useless
    -Added config for jetpack EU Usage
    -Added config for turbine EU Usage
    -Added config for Nano Bow crafting

v1.14.2 Changelog
    -Updated to 1.5.2 (sorry for being a bum :P)

v1.14.1 Changelog
    -Fixed server being broken.
    -Fixed Cloaking Module not having a texture.
    -Fixed Jetpacks being derpy.
    -Added an API for getting my items. Let me know if any of you other IC2 modders need more features added to it.

v1.14 Changelog
    -Fixed crash when upgrading Exo Solar or Exo Static armors
    -Fixed discharge module not using the correct amount of EU
    -Added Armor Assembler upgrades- one for survival, and one for creative.
    -Updates for Minecraft 1.5, unstiched textures and all that tedious stuff.
    -Added functionality for Transformer upgrades to reduce an item's charging tier thanks to changes in the IC2 api
    -Added tooltips to all the upgrades, showing what they can be applied to
    -Added a custom logger. Not a big thing you'll notice, but the console output looks different now.
    -If the flight turbine module is NOT installed, you can turn the jetpack off by pressing the ` key.
    -Added support for advanced solar panels: Upgrades for the Advanced, Hybrid, and Ultimate Hybrid panels, and recipes to convert the ASP solar helms into equally upgraded nano/quauntum helms (including EU amounts)
    We have tested everything (somewhat) extensively on the server Ishaan1 runs for us, but I'm there's a few bugs we never noticed . If you notice any, post them below! If you get an error, please include the error log that FML will generate in you're .minecraft folder. If it's one of those bugs where something just isn't working as intended, please leave a detailed description and an image if you feel it's neccesary.

The wiki is as new as our mod, so feel free to edit any pages that are lacking information.

More Information

Pictures

Videos

A nice spotlight by thejereman13, demonstrates a lot of the features (although I have no idea what caused all of those glitches he experienced... if anyone can replicate them, let me know).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0ZDZhg23vM
    If anyone knows how to embed the video... please tell me. I have no idea.

Texture Packs

Thanks to Exsaliver on the BDCraft forums for that!

Mod Packs

My only request with modpacks is that if it is a public modpack that you link the IC2 forums post or the Wiki somewhere.
    If it's a private modpack that you're just distributing to friends or something like that (including FTB ones, since I'm pretty sure they want some formal approval from me), then go right ahead & you don't need to link anything.

To-do

1. More upgrades

2. Support for items from other mods

Check out my addon, IndustrialCraft 2 Combo Armors!

Edited 39 times, last by UnixRano ().

• Seems cool... but I have to say, I think the amount of modular/combining armor pieces mods are starting to get out of hand.

As agreed with Sinnaj, combining armor may be OP without downsides to it (such as increased cost).

(Oh, and GregTech recipes are a good idea for people who prefer 376 times the difficulty think this may be 376 times too easy.)

Edited 2 times, last by Epic Lulz: Removed some untrue thingies ().

• Lets hope the Author fixes the Link, before RichardG comes along here.

But, nice Tools/Armors. Overpowerded but cool.

Greg, don't let me down. I'm expecting a recipe nerf for this one.

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• Removed Adf.ly link and replaced with direct, will add more information in a bit.
    EDIT: Added more info. Hopefully that satisfies any rules I broke.

Edited once, last by UnixRano ().

• As said before, overpowered but cool.

I shall be awaiting the balance.

(BTW, anybody else who's planning on making armor addons in the near future? Try to think of something creative, I believe at least 3 mods offering options for combinations of vIC2 armor pieces are sufficient.)

EDIT: SteveofDoom The OP states balance will be arriving sometime soon, so Greg probably won't even think of doing anything until everything is finalized.

• I haven't seen any other mods doing what I just did. That was the first thing I did before I began to mod- I searched Google and IC2 forums and MC Forums for mods similar to what I had in mind. I didn't find any, so I proceeded.

The closest thing I can find is Modular Powersuits, but i felt that it was different enough from my mod to justify me still releasing it.

And as far as balance goes, I feel right now its below standard IC2 difficulty. I'm gonna raise it up to that (or slightly higher) first, and then I'll worry about a GregTech hard mode.

Edited 2 times, last by UnixRano ().

• I haven't seen any other mods doing what I just did. That was the first thing I did before I began to mod- I searched Google and IC2 forums and MC Forums for mods similar to what I had in mind. I didn't find any, so I proceeded.

The closest thing I can find is Modular Powersuits, but i felt that it was different enough from my mod to justify me still releasing it.

And as far as balance goes, I feel right now its below standard IC2 difficulty. I'm gonna raise it up to that (or slightly higher) first, and then I'll worry about a GregTech hard mode.

Gravitation Suite, although the combination it allows is super limited (GraviChestPlate).
    I believe GregTech has an Ultimate Cheat Armor, however it is only for server owners.

• You should add Ultimate Solar Quantum Helmet from Gravi Suite.

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• I have found a bug.
    If I use nano or quantity bodyarmor( :Quantum-Bodyarmor: ) from yours mod. Completely loaded and all armament parts also in and then goes to lava or fire, then I agree no damage ( :) ). When I walk out of the lava, then I get all the time damage until the fire goes out ( :( ), a half heart per second.
    If I use the original body armor( :Quantum-Bodyarmor: ), then go directly from the fire as soon as I walk out of the lava and get no damage.

If I upgrade my Quantumbodyarmor( :Quantum-Bodyarmor: ) with the flight turbine upgrade module, then stops working the already built-in jetpack. Is that correct?

The mod is really good, she's exactly what I was looking for. :thumbup:
    Please developed further, I need it xD

Sorry for my bad English, had already use google translate. Otherwise speak only German. Hope you can still understand my sentences.

with friendly greetings
    alex

• I understood fine, here's to hoping Google translate can get this back into German for you, lol.

The jetpack is supposed to be disabled when you add a flight turbine. I felt it wasn't necessary to have both, but I could reconsider if people feel it's necessary.
    As for the fire, I'll have a look at that. Thanks for the positive feedback :)

EDIT: I thought the QuantumSuit bodyarmor was supposed to put out the fires as you said, but I just tried it out in single player (with the normal IC2 quantum chest) and I burned to death...
    Is this an IC2 bug? I added in the same line IC2 uses (player.setFire(0)), and I had no luck getting it to work either. Maybe MC changed something in a recent version that nobody is aware of? For now, I'll leave it as is.
    I did notice another bug though, textures for the Exo QuantumSuit were broken. Fixed and reuploaded.

Edited once, last by UnixRano ().

• cool xD
    I think I understand everything xD

At first I thought this is a turbine upgrade for the jetpack, so my question. (Oh man the sentence sounds funny xD)

"As for the fire, I'll have a look at that."
    You mean, you look even after that? (ok done)
    (google translater sucks xD)
    I should learn English xD

EDIT: I use tekkit lite (last version 0.5.7)
    Thanks for looking, strange.

EDIT2:
    IC2 Version: v1.115.208

• v1.115? The latest version is 1.112, and its still in beta...
    *confused*

• Have another question. Is it normal that the static quantumsuit boots only 100,000 eu store instead have 1,000,000?
    Or why did the boots only 100,000 EU?

• Have another question. Is it normal that the static quantumsuit boots only 100,000 eu store instead have 1,000,000?
    Or why did the boots only 100,000 EU?

Well, that's what I get for copy-pasting the Nano Static and changing a few things. It had the wrong tier (could have be charged in MFE) and transfer speed too. Fixed now, reuploaded.