[1.5.2] [SSP/SMP] IndustrialCraft 2 Combo Armors v1.14.3

• Well, that's what I get for copy-pasting the Nano Static and changing a few things. It had the wrong tier (could have be charged in MFE) and transfer speed too. Fixed now, reuploaded.

ok now it works thank you.

I have the idea that you could "solar upgrade module" with "solar array's" make.

Can I help in your Team? Maybe a German wiki create for your "mod"

EDIT: Not with Google translate, but with a friend who can better English than I

• We do have some cross-mod compatability with Advanced Solars and Compact Solars planned in the future, but right now we're focusing on balancing out the recipes.

As for helping out, sure! We're glad to get all the help we can. If you and your friend want to work on a German wiki, go right ahead!

Check out my addon, IndustrialCraft 2 Combo Armors!

• Using the Discharge Module on my multiplayer server crashes it. Tested like, three times in a row (happened every time).
    Error code from the server console:

Also, could you increase the limit of max solar helmet output and max chestplate EU capacity (and decrease charge time)?

• Using the Discharge Module on my multiplayer server crashes it. Tested like, three times in a row (happened every time).
    Error code from the server console:

Also, could you increase the limit of max solar helmet output and max chestplate EU capacity (and decrease charge time)?

I discovered that discharge bug yesterday night, I was hoping I could fix it before anyone noticed. Guess not lol, working on it ATM.

The limit on the solar and static modules were kind of temporary, we hadn't fully decided what the max would be and decided to stick 100 on it before release so it wouldn't be abused. I'll gladly take suggestions about what you think the max should be.

As for the charge time, we're planning on allowing you to combine overclocker upgrades with the armors to increase the charge rate. However, due to the way the IC2 API works, I'm having a bit of trouble with that. I'll consider giving them all a boost until we get the overclockers working, at which point we obviously want you to craft overclockers to increase the charge speed ;)

• I think 200/250/256 cap could be reasonable, BUT with every +1EU/t costing more upgrades, like 1 for 1-100, 2 for 101-200, 3 (or 4) for 201-256. This way you can create very powerful energy self-sustain that requiers crapload of resources, increasing when your helmet gets "too advanced and complicated". If it's too hard to code, make it possible to adjust max value in a config file. Or create diffrent tier upgrades that can be only applied to helmets with certain EU/t value.

And another bug: Placing ExoHelmet and multiple upgrades then clicking on the result helmet will apply all the upgrades shift-clicking eats them with no effect (at least not in tooltim).

• I think 200/250/256 cap could be reasonable, BUT with every +1EU/t costing more upgrades, like 1 for 1-100, 2 for 101-200, 3 (or 4) for 201-256. This way you can create very powerful energy self-sustain that requiers crapload of resources, increasing when your helmet gets "too advanced and complicated". If it's too hard to code, make it possible to adjust max value in a config file. Or create diffrent tier upgrades that can be only applied to helmets with certain EU/t value.

And another bug: Placing ExoHelmet and multiple upgrades then clicking on the result helmet will apply all the upgrades shift-clicking eats them with no effect (at least not in tooltim).

I like that idea for the solar upgrades, I'll add that soon, and it'll be a config option when i add a config.

As for the shift-clicking... I don't think there is anything I can do about that for now. I am already working on a new method of applying upgrades to armor which will have nothing to do with the crafting table, so that will fix the problem. For now, just try not to shift click... sorry.

• The Nano Bow should require arrows but vanilla arrows would break when fired even if you missed. Then add special more durable arrows that are stronger and don't break when fired?

• The cloaking Module wont work foe me, tried pressing ` with no effect, then re-bound it to F and tried again with no effect ( using 3rd person to check)

tested with ultimate nano and ultimate quantum suits with cloak upgrade applied,

FML Log (that may or may not be of use) http://pastebin.com/uAiDnBYP

• Quick query/request: If using this with the GraviSuite, does it have crafting recipes to create the items from that, and, if it doesn't, would it be possible to add them? It would be a bit annoying to have an Ultimate QuantumSuit Bodyarmor that cannot be upgraded to a GraviSuite chestplate in any way.

Or, alternately, if you do add some form of engineering bench in the future, you could simply add the option to disassemble armour through it, which would allow the compatibility anyway...

• Quick query/request: If using this with the GraviSuite, does it have crafting recipes to create the items from that, and, if it doesn't, would it be possible to add them? It would be a bit annoying to have an Ultimate QuantumSuit Bodyarmor that cannot be upgraded to a GraviSuite chestplate in any way.

Or, alternately, if you do add some form of engineering bench in the future, you could simply add the option to disassemble armour through it, which would allow the compatibility anyway...

Are you talking about something like Machinemuses Modular power suit table?

• The cloaking Module wont work foe me, tried pressing ` with no effect, then re-bound it to F and tried again with no effect ( using 3rd person to check)

tested with ultimate nano and ultimate quantum suits with cloak upgrade applied,

FML Log (that may or may not be of use) http://pastebin.com/uAiDnBYP

After a while of mashing random buttons I discovered that cloaking module is activated by pressing M+` (on default config for both IC and this addon).
    By the way, activating lightning by Leftclick+F seems a bit weird to use. I think Sneak+` for cloak and Ctrl+` for lightning will be better.

• Are you talking about something like Machinemuses Modular power suit table?

I was referring to the electric crafting table mentioned on the Upgrades page of the wiki: "
    A more complex system, involving an electric crafting table of sorts, is being considered and may be implemented after the core of the system is in place."
    But, as I've been using MM's suit recently, engineering table kinda fell off the tip of my tongue :P

• I was referring to the electric crafting table mentioned on the Upgrades page of the wiki: "
    A more complex system, involving an electric crafting table of sorts, is being considered and may be implemented after the core of the system is in place."
    But, as I've been using MM's suit recently, engineering table kinda fell off the tip of my tongue :P

I do have plans to add (as you can probably tell from the upgrades page) a machine to combine the armors. I'm working on it right now, and I've decided that if I want to add the ability to disassemble armors, it will be in a separate machine (an electric un-crafting table of sorts).

As for upgrading to the GraviChestPlate, there won't be any reason to once the upgrade system is finished and you will be able to increase the transfer limit and EU storage to that of the GCP. I will still add a disassembly table thing soon, but until that gets added, I'd suggest either dealing with the lower EU and transfer limit or use NEI to spawn in the components.

I should really add the keybinds to the wiki, sorry. Currently, they are:
    (IC2CA Key): Toggle Fly
    (IC2CA Key) + (attack key): Discharge
    (IC2CA Key) + (IC2 Mode Switch): Cloaking
    (IC2CA Key) + (sneak key): The unfinished, currently commented out laser module

My team (of sorts) and I like these keybinds. However, we will add a config option for them once we get a config added in a version or two.
    EDIT: Tried, and failed miserably. You'll have to deal with those key combos for the time being, even once i get the config added.

The Nano Bow should require arrows but vanilla arrows would break when fired even if you missed. Then add special more durable arrows that are stronger and don't break when fired?

As far as the lore of the mod goes, the arrows being fired are fabricated from the EU consumed. We felt that the EU consumption justified not needing any arrows, but if you'd like to explain why you feel it should use arrows, we can reconsider.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

Edited once, last by UnixRano ().

• Just uploaded v1.11! Download from the link in the original post!

Changelog v1.11:
    Bug fix- ExoBatpack and ExoLappack textures were switched
    Bug fix- ExoQuantumSuit didn't render properly
    Bug fix- Static Quantum Boots had wrong EU, Transfer Rate, and Tier
    Bug fix- Using discharge module on server crashed the server
    Bug fix- Nano Bow scatter mode arrows could be picked up

• I havent played with it yet but if you can pick up the arrows fired it wouldnt be fair. As well wouldnt it be cool to have a neon green lighting up arrow or maybie an arrow upgrade system?

• I havent played with it yet but if you can pick up the arrows fired it wouldnt be fair. As well wouldnt it be cool to have a neon green lighting up arrow or maybie an arrow upgrade system?

The arrow that the NanoBow shoots has it's own class (separate from EntityArrow) so I could easily make it neon or whatever.

And currently, it doesn't consume arrows, but the arrows it fire can't be picked up either.

• I have found a new bug in Multiplayer. When a wither skeleton attacks me and i wear the quantum solar helmet the Server and Client crash. i send the crashreport an a attachment.

Ok, thanks. Will be fixed in next version, which will come out today or tomorrow.

• Oh please don't make the Nano Bow take arrows, thats the coolest thing about it that it takes EU instead of arrows. They can't be picked up, its like it is firing beams of energy or something. This is why it needs a custom arrow appearance heheh. I suppose you could add the option to consume arrows in the eventual config file.

I actually really like the idea of having a jetpack still even with a flight module installed. You could make it so when the flight module is toggled off, the jetpack turns back on. I do miss my hover mode when creative flying. You could even add 3 togglable states maybe, jetpack, flight module, both off.

I don't understand why people keep asking for compatability with Gravisuite, this mod can basically completely replace it. The ultimate quantum with upgrades does everything and more, and you also get more lower tiers of armor so it is not only useful at end-game.

If you want to appease all the hard-mode players, you could add optional gregtech recipes eventually. Personally I don't think it is OP to have the multiple chest pieces combined into one, they exist anyway and you can swap them out as needed, there are mods for tons of inventory space, so the only great thing about it is the convenience of not having to change them out every time you want to dig/travel/fight. Convenience is convenient :P

I can add the keybindings to the relevant pages on the wikia for you and maybe make a separate page with all the bindings on it for reference.

• I have no plans to make the nano bow consume arrows, config option or not. The closest thing to that we were considering was adding another mode to the bow that used significantly less EU but consumed arrows.

For the jetpack, I could easily add in the normal jetpack mode as an option.

As for balancing the mod, I am currently working on a new machine that will be required to combine armors and install upgrades. It won't be ridiculously expensive or anything, but it will require enough power and time that you won't be able to skip up to a combo armor without having some significant IC2 setup. Gregtech hard mode recipes will be added after that.

Lastly for the keybindings, I was originally going to make it a config option, but it didn't work out. If it's requested enough, I may look into it again.