[1.4.7] Mekanism v5.2.3 - universal machinery

• Download
    Calclavia has been generous enough to let me host my mod on his site, universalelectricity.com. You can download Mekanism on it's page here.

Questions and Answers... with myself

Content

Source Code
    Mekanism is open source, and isn't currently held under any license. This means you have the right to copy any of my code you find, credit me, and use it on your own. Not crediting me, however, would be considered plagiarism. You can click here for the source.

Credit to GregoriousT for helping me balance this mod.

Thanks for reading!

• I haven't thought it wasn't an UE addon at first ^^. This sounds cool, but Thermal Expansion, Factorization, Mekanism and IC² ... that's too redundant ^^.

* Hydrogen Generator - directly converts Hydrogen into useable electricity. Requires immense amounts of Hydrogen to function, but generates large amounts of electricity. Can be directly connected to an Electrolytic Separator.

... So, your machine uses electricity to electrolyze something that you'll burn to produce more energy ? Considering burning H2 is less efficient to produce energy than reversing the electrolyzing process ... ^^
    Or maybe it get nerfed and don't provide energy anymore, but will just be a small counterpart to what you've spend to get O2 ? (Because electrolyzing also produce O2 I guess).

* Combiner - a machine used to combine dusts with Cobblestone in order to obtain their ore form. Not a cheap process -- requires extensive amounts of electricity and 8 dusts to create a single ore, although working with materials including Copper, Tin, Silver and Lead.

At least it get nerfed (so many exploits before ^^). But if you're playing with GregTech, there are still exploit available (more like UNequivalent Exchange ^^. Unless it's to get Iridium :/)

* Purification Chamber - a second-tier version of the Enrichment Chamber, used to turn an ore into three clumps -- in other words, 300% ore output. Requires a large amount of Oxygen to function.

That sounds cool :). I just hope it consumes TONS of O2 and energy. Or that it's configurable.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

At least it get nerfed (so many exploits before ^^). But if you're playing with GregTech, there are still exploit available (more like UNequivalent Exchange ^^. Unless it's to get Iridium :/)

Ahem, my Centrifuge could do that too. This would just be a more complex Way of doing that.

Since this got added to the Server I play on, today (yes, that was Monday in my Timezone! XD), and as I also plan to use ICBM, I can test this Mod even in SMP. If I find something wrong, then I will send either a PM or add a Post to this Thread. :)

• It seems everything on the UE website is coming to IC2 with compatibility. Perhaps UE in its self would be used with IC2 more, and would not be able to tell which is which anymore, Just like buildcraft. UE backwards is EU :)

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• Ahem, my Centrifuge could do that too. This would just be a more complex Way of doing that.

Since this got added to the Server I play on, today (yes, that was Monday in my Timezone! XD), and as I also plan to use ICBM, I can test this Mod even in SMP. If I find something wrong, then I will send either a PM or add a Post to this Thread. :)

Have fun bombing!

• If I find something wrong, then I will send either a PM or add a Post to this Thread. :)

Appreciate it :)

I haven't thought it wasn't an UE addon at first . This sounds cool, but Thermal Expansion, Factorization, Mekanism and IC² ... that's too redundant .

Exactly why I posted this here!
    Redundancy is competition. I happen to think HP, Acer, Dell, Sony and Samsung is a tad redundant for computer companies as well, but the fact they all make practically the same products helps them innovate.

• I might actually start using Mekanism, at least if a GregTech config option was added, so that you can make the machines require less platinum, as platinum isn't exactly common in gregtech.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• Redundancy is competition. I happen to think HP, Acer, Dell, Sony and Samsung is a tad redundant for computer companies as well, but the fact they all make practically the same products helps them innovate.

Lol. So now, you're ... advertising us to win the competition ? ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

I have one small Problem with this Mod. It uses Platinum. In giant and unrealistic amounts (I guess the Ore is similar abundant, but I didn't explore ungenerated Chunks). Your Tier-1 Circuitry uses Platinum as Component, what is really not good in comparsion to the other Tier-1 UE-Circuitry (which just uses a few Cables), that Circuit you make from Platinum is really Elite-Level (Elite = Tier-5), so it should also be that Level. You could add other cheaper Circuits to fix that Problem (for the simpler Machines), while keeping the current ones for higher Tier Machines. In your Case I would switch to a more abundant Material (Gold, Silver, Lead, Electrum), to make the Tier 1 Stuff (and your special Ingots), and generate less Platinum, so you have to use it for Hightech Stuff.

Long Story short: Too much Platinum inside this Mod. ;)

Edit: Bug Report:
    Your Energy Cube is saving its data at the Location you placed it. If you break one empty Cube, and place a Full one at the same location, it will just keep the 0 MJ instead of the 5 MJ of the placed Item.

• Lol. So now, you're ... advertising us to win the competition ? ^^

Haha, not exactly :) I didn't really phrase that correctly...

My goal for Mekanism is to have it work well as an independent mod, but also communicate well with other mods if they are installed. It is true that competition drives business, but I meant that in comparison to the other mods -- Mekanism isn't meant as a way to monopolize this kind of machinery.

Hope you understand.

• Too much Platinum inside this Mod. ;)

Alright! I'm planning on nerfing this a tad, perhaps just renaming everything platinum to something else.

Your Energy Cube is saving its data at the Location you placed it. If you break one empty Cube, and place a Full one at the same location, it will just keep the 0 MJ instead of the 5 MJ of the placed Item.

Most likely me forgetting to super blockBreak() or me overriding something in invalidate(). Thanks!
    EDIT: Unable to reproduce. Interesting

• Official Post

I recently added Mekanism to my server, but have yet to find any platinum ore in a Mystcraft age after a good 30 minute search. No player has found any yet, what's the problem here?

It could be the Fact that you are using Mystcraft to search it. Also after your Post, Randomlegends found that Ore somewhere (as you know ofcourse).

• It could be the Fact that you are using Mystcraft to search it. Also after your Post, Randomlegends found that Ore somewhere (as you know ofcourse).

He found some in his single player, but it was in the overworld, so I will attempt to find some in the overworld. I don't understand why it wouldn't spawn in a Mystcraft age like every other ore.

• This mod looks quite interesting, I might check it out. What's the conversion factor between kJ and EU though?

Obsession with Automation is a good thing, right?

• Official Post

First, i came here to say this is a great mod.
    Second, i got a request : add a config to disable Mekanism sounds as its machines are VERY noisy and it lags (similar to old windmill sound issue).

Thanks, SpwnX.

@above : 1:1 (1J = 1 EU, 1kJ = 1000 EU, pretty op in my opinion)