Cyberware&Implantants

• How about adding some high-tier maschine to IC2 ,similar to the Thinker Tabele fom Modular Powersuits Mod, but instead of modifying some kind of aromour, it modifys Steve himself, so he gains additional abilities.
    For exemple jumping two blocks high or dealing with bare hand as much damage as a iron sword.
    The implantants require materials like glassfibre cables, carbon plates hydrolysed water cells etc. and cost some kind of Steves or other implantant's "Implantant Capacity".
    Exemple: For a Cyberarm you need 5x Refined Iron, 2x Carbon Plates 1x Energy Crystal and 10% Implantant Capacity.

• Official Post

That sounds like nanotechnology for me, it would be cool, however i doubt it could be implemented in IC² core, maybe another addon...
    Cyborg steve might replace quantum suit, as you could "upgrade" steve, giving him movement speed boost, mining speed boost, jump boost, strength boost, defense boost and many other...

• The Point of the idea is, that the Usage of implantants is limited by the "Implantant Capacity". And I forgot to write, that every implantant makes the hunger bar deplet faster(food as energy source for the implantants).
    Also most of the implantants should have functions, the quantum armor doesn't have.

BTW, the idea is inspired by the Pen'n'Paper RPG "Shadowrun".

• That sounds like nanotechnology for me, it would be cool, however i doubt it could be implemented in IC² core, maybe another addon...

Actually, this is a suggestion fo an Addon

• Would implant mean "not an armor, but a player modification" ? In that case, that would also mean dying = losing that stuff, FOREVER (a really long time!) ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Sounds bout right. They should be abilities that are not in armors, so that they are more unique (or atleast with some alterations)

More health, more attack with bare hands e.t.c sound cool

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• The idea about implantats and death was, that on hard difficulty you losse your implantats on death. On normal and easy you ceep them.

And: Is there someone who could code this? BC my own coding abbilities are quite poor.

• Official Post

Perhaps you dont lose them but you loose all the Attatchments? Like a modular thing, where you need, say, a bionic arm for all the upgrades, and you dont loose the Bionic arm, but you do the upgrades.

• No, its a good idea to lose all the stuff when dying!

Yep, i agree with SwordDude. You should loose everything upon death, then you have to do it again. Sometimes in vanilla MC, its easier to die than to hunt or build a shelter, and i dont like it.

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• sorry to rain on the parade here, but this would probably require at least one base class edit and some major sneaky code to implement if it is just the player without an item or armor for them to hold , IE this probably won't be be made unless someone really likes a challenge...

• Nah, it will result in more Deus Ex: Human Revolution jokes, along the lines of 'I never asked for this'.