Please remove my modpack from the IC2 blacklist.

• I'm not at all sure why the modpack is even ON the blacklist, as far as I know I've never had IC2 installed, and in any event it's certainly not installed NOW.

http://technicpack.net/modpack…ining-dead-tekkit-beta.42

Thanks in advance. It seems a bit silly, I'm sure, but I don't much care for the negative connotation of being blacklisted, or for the message a few players have gotten after adding IC2 to my modpack themselves.

• So you want us to belive that your pack, that never contained IC2, is on the blacklist of modpacks?

it isn't a question of "belive or di sbelieve", it is simply a fact that my modpack doesn't use ic2 yet I am on the ic2 blacklist.

it was briefly based on tekkit, as you can see by the name, and still contains some ic2 config files, but IC2 was yanked as step #1 before the modpack was ever even uploaded.

• OK, so Tekkit is disliked. I'm not Tekkit, I'm not using Tekkit. I have permissions for every mod in my modpack.

How, exactly, does the fact that you dislike Tekkit have any bearing at all on the fact that I'm one of the half-dozen or so modpacks blacklisted by IC2, when I don't even USE IC2, and I just want to get off the blacklist?

• OK, so Tekkit is disliked. I'm not Tekkit, I'm not using Tekkit. I have permissions for every mod in my modpack.

How, exactly, does the fact that you dislike Tekkit have any bearing at all on the fact that I'm one of the half-dozen or so modpacks blacklisted by IC2, when I don't even USE IC2, and I just want to get off the blacklist?

Why would you need to care about if you are blacklisted or not if you are not using IC2?

• Because it interferes with end users being able to use IC2 with my modpack if they desire.

I've had several complaints about it so far. It's pretty unbecoming to be one of a tiny handfull of modpacks that get this gigantic "THIS MODPACK IS NOT AUTHORIZED TO USE IC2" when a user adds the mod themselves.

I mean, really, this isn't a terrifically complicated topic, people. There's no nefarious scheme here to rip IC2 off, or distribute IC2 without permissions, or whatever the hell you guys think is going on. I'm just some dude, with some modpack, and I want that modpack off the IC2 blacklist so that if a user wishes to add IC2 to it THEMSELVES, which is perfectly reasonable and absolutely above-board, it won't make my modpack look like some scrub pack who doesn't care about permissions.

If I didn't care about permissions I wouldn't have tracked down and linked to the permissions list for EVERY MOD IN THE MODPACK, and I'd use one of the half-dozen (or so) ways to get around this blacklist that are immediately obvious.

I'm trying to do the right thing, so cut the "LULZ TEKKIT" circlejerk and YOU GUYS do the right thing, OK? I do realize that nobody that's responded in the thread thus far actually HAS any actual real authority to remove my modpack from that blacklist, but I really would like this just to remain an open post until some admin somewhere reads it and takes me off the blacklist.

Flame away, if you must, I'll pop back in every day or two and try to pop it up to the top of the forum until an admin either takes pity on me or locks/deletes the thread...

• Why would you need to care about if you are blacklisted or not if you are not using IC2?

Why would you need to care about if you are blacklisted or not if you are not using IC2?

I registered here simply to reply to this retardedness. I lurk a lot here, but this is the first time I've been compelled to reply.

He's already stated the reason he cares. If someone adds IC2 to his modpack to play it SP, which I'm assuming is the case as he wouldn't otherwise know, then the blacklist makes him(Skulli) and his modpack look bad. From that, people could infer that either he or his modpack violated your rules and was added to the list for good reason and this clearly isn't the case.

Could you please pull your fingers from your ears and stop shouting "LALALALALATEKKIT" for two seconds and not insult someone who is clearly not breaking any rules.

I'd like this community to continue to be an enjoyable one.
    thanks

• Dafuq? Why the hell is there even a blacklist? Doesn't IC2 give permission to redistribute so long as you give credit?

• Yeah, that is unfortunate, but I can't change that without deleting/recreating the entire pack and forcing my players to have issues with updates and whatnot.

• The problem may be that tekkit is still in your modpack name.

And why would that cause problems? Tekkit has permission to use IC2, don't they? Heck, according to the post Alblaka made about modpacks, anyone is allowed to use IC2 if they give credit, which I'm pretty sure Technic does.

• Official Post

Alblaka said once, that he gave permission to Tekkit afterwards.

Also its directly blacklisted (hence the Name directly mentioned), so its not just because it has Tekkit in the Name.

I don't know why RichardG added it to the Blacklist, but he is not good at gathering Informations, so I think someone told him about "certain" Packs not inluding Permissions and he then went straight ahead, without checking anything to his Blacklist. Right Richard?

• Maybe you should try PM'ing one of the devs? Most likely RichardG.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!