Suggestion : Lazor mining bore.

• Official Post

A machine that mines a 9x9 hole (60 blocks deep) in the direction its head(s) faces [all six axis are possible], using the power of the mining laser.

All items are collected with the attached vacuum module in it.
    It is a 2 (up to 7) block machine, the base and the head.

The head is the block that will be attached in the base , facing a direction.
    The direction a head faces can be changed with a wrench, changing it to face the base will cause the machine to explode when it activates.
    Multiple heads can be attached to one base, energy usage will be increased.
    Each head has two inventory slots, one to place the laser, other to place upgrades (overclocker or wavelength upgrade [silktouch])

The base is the block that will output mined blocks into adjacent inventories (or spit them out if there is no valid one).
    The base can store up to 1 million EU (it uses a lapotron crystal)
    It accepts HV and can discharge lapotron crystals (and GT lapotronic energy orbs).

• Well, might be a good idea, if it would have Silk Touch.

Maybe we could toggle Silk touch mode in the GUI, at the expense of more EU and mining time?

Although it says in the OP, Silk touch would be obtained trough a upgrade, may be better that way.

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• Have similar idea, but my version uses ultra-sonic waves to dig. )

Ultra-sonic waves are used in medicine to crash rocks inside kidney, so I guess with right power and frequency it can be also used in mining to dig and "macerate" blocks, e.g. it will try to recursively break/macerate block so, for example, you will get sand instead of cobblestone when digging stone.
    Some other things:
    Some ores may absorb, refract or reflect waves, so they provide "shadow" or make waves dig into different direction.
    Some mobs should die when hit with waves, e.g. skeletons may be macerated into bone meal, zombie's and bat's brains may blow up, etc.
    Entities like dropped cobblestone or bones should also be recursively macerated.

• That works.

Hell, its not even unbalanced really, I can already silk touch an arcane bore, its just that doing anything with an arcane bore means enchanting 500 books in order to get the configuration I want.

• Ye, that's nice idea, and i have some additional idea for it too.

There should be Beam Directing Device (BDD) You link it to the machine (Right click it) And you can manually direct the laser (Laser will be directed at point on which player is looking). This will be usefull if you want to mine diagonal, mining will look better, otherwise you'll have Horizontal and vertical "Tunnels"

• Ye, that's nice idea, and i have some additional idea for it too.

There should be Beam Directing Device (BDD) You link it to the machine (Right click it) And you can manually direct the laser (Laser will be directed at point on which player is looking). This will be usefull if you want to mine diagonal, mining will look better, otherwise you'll have Horizontal and vertical "Tunnels"

That make me remember about a starcraft 2 mission where you are given a control of a laser drill and the mission is to destroy a building, however it can be turned around and kill protoss and stuff. This mining bore is the perfect defensive weapon anyway, but to balance it (probably) this need GregT computer cube

Dota 2 player at SEA server.

For me nothing is OP. It just a mod for fun and I'm playing it for fun. Unless it created items from nothing. Automining not included, neither do in case of self replicating machine. However GregTech is still good, so:

GregTech Documentation Task Force Needed!

• Official Post

That make me remember about a starcraft 2 mission where you are given a control of a laser drill and the mission is to destroy a building, however it can be turned around and kill protoss and stuff. This mining bore is the perfect defensive weapon anyway, but to balance it (probably) this need GregT computer cube

That mission is to get a part of the anti-zerg artifact which is sealed inside a temple.

Anyway, that would be even cooler, as people can use stuff designed to mine as weapons, like the laser itself.
    Imagine several people controlling mining bores firing at someone's base. It would be cool if it were able to mine through hard blocks, requiring time.

• That mission is to get a part of the anti-zerg artifact which is sealed inside a temple.

Anyway, that would be even cooler, as people can use stuff designed to mine as weapons, like the laser itself.
    Imagine several people controlling mining bores firing at someone's base. It would be cool if it were able to mine through hard blocks, requiring time.

I don't want to use it as weapon, but it'll be better if you'll be able to direct your laser into this big nasty looking iron ore chunk which is out of the range of the static laser ( Ore in the wall of the tunel that this laser mined out. )