[Addon 1.115] NuclearPan 1.01 (Now with candies!)

• This mod is now maintained by Zuxelus here: [1.7.10] Ztech - Collection of Addons
    Just for fun. Well... kind of fun.

License:
    This addon is provided 'as is' without any warranty. Author of this addon is not responsible for any harm that can occur from using of this addon, you use it at you own risk.

Description:
    Standard cooking pan for nuclear reactors.

Sphax-style texture by Chocohead

• Finally I can warm up my morning coffee with my nuclear reactor! This is amazing!

You can never have enough Medli IC2.

• Why do I keep getting the thought of radiation poisoning?

Because you don't know radiation very well. It'll be safe as houses (in fact, a lot of the food you've eaten was probably treated with radiation) as long as your neutron moderation works right.

• Alternatively, base it on the EU/t of the reactor. There's a relationship there with heat per pulse, if not exactly a linear one, and the API provides a call for it, and not (as far as I can tell) for heat per pulse rather than overall heat.

• I used a heating cell, better control since I get exactly one heat per second.

Its not the same as using a functional nuclear reactor to cook breakfast though :/

• This addon is hilarious, reminds me of the Electric Fishing Pole. Why did they stop updating it? It was made by one of the dev's, so at least they could have included it in core IC2. OFF TO THE SUGGESTION FORUMS!

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• Currently : Place uranium cell, heat reactor to exactly 240 heat, take it out, cook your food there forever.

Lol. For that purpose, any furnace with energy would be cheaper ^^ (assuming Greengens would generate way more EU than what needed to cook your food, so that's even free EUs)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Alternatively, base it on the EU/t of the reactor. There's a relationship there with heat per pulse, if not exactly a linear one, and the API provides a call for it, and not (as far as I can tell) for heat per pulse rather than overall heat.

Heat levels should be somewhere between 5000-15000 then we are able to make a self-sustaining reactor.

Currently : Place uranium cell, heat reactor to exactly 240 heat, take it out, cook your food there forever.

I know, that's why i make a cooking pan and not nuclear furnace, it is limited to food items, they are not so many and therefore not op. There is no troubles to code mathematic model, I just not good at balancing things. One of idea was to make it actually consume heat from reactor, but again I'm not sure about numbers because it may lead to overcooling reactor.

• I know, that's why i make a cooking pan and not nuclear furnace, it is limited to food items, they are not so many and therefore not op. There is no troubles to code mathematic model, I just not good at balancing things. One of idea was to make it actually consume heat from reactor, but again I'm not sure about numbers because it may lead to overcooling reactor.

Well, a heat consuming nuclear furnace would be nice.
    Overcooling is not a problem if you have heating cells and depleted isotope cells.

• I know, that's why i make a cooking pan and not nuclear furnace, it is limited to food items, they are not so many and therefore not op. There is no troubles to code mathematic model, I just not good at balancing things. One of idea was to make it actually consume heat from reactor, but again I'm not sure about numbers because it may lead to overcooling reactor.

Make a special copper-based plate than take heat from the reactor and allows cooking with ? With something like 4 Heat per plate, that wouldn't be OP.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Make a special copper-based plate than take heat from the reactor and allows cooking with ? With something like 4 Heat per plate, that wouldn't be OP.

Do you mean a reactor component? So it'll function like a reactor heat vent but pass heat to the pan?

• Do you mean a reactor component? So it'll function like a reactor heat vent but pass heat to the pan?

Yup. So that wouldn't be OP at all. Just fun ^^

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Overcooling is not a problem if you have heating cells and depleted isotope cells.

I mean it can be exploited to cool reactor. Currently you need to make balanced cooling scheme and with such device you may put stack of cobblestone and cool reactor in pretty simple way, or even automate this... however it looks like old reactor designs when it's been possible to cool reactor with ice.

Make a special copper-based plate than take heat from the reactor and allows cooking with ? With something like 4 Heat per plate, that wouldn't be OP.

Hmm, heat-sink pipes? Did you ever tried to make own passive-cooling system for PC? :)

• You could make food cooked in it "Irradiated", gives you the same amount of food but gives you hunger like Zombie flesh. Nice balancing point.