is experience levels to easy to get, and should it be somehow nerfed

• do you think experience levels to easy to get, and should it be somehow nerfed 12

1. no, i think its fine the way it is (6) 50%
    2. yes, i think it is OP and needs to be nerfed (4) 33%
    3. meh, i dont know.... (2) 17%
    4. yes, i think it is a bit OP but doesn't need to be nerfed (0) 0%

i have played with mods for over a year now, and it seems to get easier and easier to get experience levels to enchant with. now i know that with some of the mods there are almost invincible armor suites (redmater armor from ee2, quantum suit armor, modular powersuits, etc.) but enchanting things still adds some more protection to keep you alive longer, or more power to your hits, or faster mining (if you do any by hand). now with mods such as soul shards and forestry's edenic bees, you can get massive amounts of levels and enchant books to give your then "invincible/OP" items even more enchants. i think that it should be nerfed even a little, as in one hour i can get hundreds of enchanted books with awesome stuff. such a thing as a electric enchanting table would allow it to have a harder aspect, as you would need power, but also changing normal enchanting tables level 30 enchants awesomeness down a bit would help. as for the electric enchanting table, i think it should have some kind of focusing crystal for different items, one for swords, one for armor/peices, etc. though this might not work, as there are more enchants and weapons, such as wands from thaumcraft 3, and belkons weapon mod and lots more. another idea is to just need level 40 and a lot of power (50,000?) to enchant the item with a vanilla enchanting table tier of enchantments. post what you think, i would love to see some more suggestions.

-------------------------------------

enough c4 and duct tape will fix anything

:Nuke TNT: enough duct tape and c4 will fix anything :Nuke TNT:

• it takes an average of 1456 levels to get silk touch (in 16 level increments). That assumes no other mods are spamming up the book enchant odds.

Also, what does this have to do with IC2?

• You mentionned yourself your main problem (because obviously changing Experience system isn't the role of IC²-team devs): using Thaumic Bees or Soulshard. Just play without it (those are OPs), and you'll be fine!

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

You mentionned yourself your main problem (because obviously changing Experience system isn't the role of IC²-team devs): using Thaumic Bees or Soulshard. Just play without it (those are OPs), and you'll be fine!

No Thaumic bee adds XP Bees, the Edenic bee is Vanilla forestry :P
    I do wish they re-added the 50 Levels enchant. It also made the Enchanting table setup with books sexier.

• I never used enchantments, because its just too unreliable compared to like modular armor or quantum armor or gravisuit or mining laser. It is based on chance anyway

Dota 2 player at SEA server.

For me nothing is OP. It just a mod for fun and I'm playing it for fun. Unless it created items from nothing. Automining not included, neither do in case of self replicating machine. However GregTech is still good, so:

GregTech Documentation Task Force Needed!

• Yes, the good old times, when entchantnents took 50 Levels and there was no XP gotten by Mining or Smelting or such OP stuff.

But when you have acces to real masses of XP, you could also make OPium armor like the Quantumsuit.

So the qsuit is made of drugs now?

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• @bove Faketorizations portable Crafting Table does a pretty nice job on that!

Yeah, but I'm like DW20, I almost always have a chock full inventory, and I don't like the idea of having to drop a third of my inventory to get access to a 3x3 crafting area.