[addon v1.10] IC2 Magic Gems [MC1.4.7] [Rebooted and Rebalanced]

• This adds new ores that can be crafted into decorative gems or into mystic gems that store IC2 power like a battery. Although batteries are already in IC2 this adds a bridge between power and magic mods with ways to craft batteries in an alchemist fashion.

Special Thanks to:

• SirusKing - Remastered Textures

The Gems Added:

Recipes:

Where to find the bits:

-All gem and raw emerald ores generate in the nether (except powerstone)
    -Powerstone gen's in the overworld

Sorry for...
    -The awful recipe diagrams above

Download here --> HERE

Edited 7 times, last by hosker666: -fixing font and spoilers -added a credit to another user ().

I would also like permission to adf.ly this addon on my personal website for downloading (just checking due to rules regarding revenue from IC2 addons)

The rules are pretty clear that you are not allowed to do this, period...
    (Unless, in the HIGHLY unlikely circumstance, Alba grants you permission to circumvent these rules)...

However, afaik, you MAY be able to put up a donation link here using a PayPal or ChipIn client. Don't quote me on this, as I could be wrong. Also, you do know you can host your files here, so you don't have to go thru media-fire...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• While I can agree with 1 through to 8 of the gems, I'm, personally, not a fan of #9 as I'm not a fan of potentially infinite batteries.

• Your download link is incorrect. It leads to some badly made NPC addon.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• The infinite gem isn't as OP as you think it is. The highest voltage you can output from a storage unit is 512eu/t. So to get the energy out of the gem, you need a storage unit. And that limits the eu/t to 512.

• The infinite gem isn't as OP as you think it is. The highest voltage you can output from a storage unit is 512eu/t. So to get the energy out of the gem, you need a storage unit. And that limits the eu/t to 512.

I guess that isn't too bad. So long as the ore is sufficiently rare enough as well, I'll have to relent. I might give it a shot for doing a showcase at some point, at which point, I'll send a PM to the author.

• The rules are pretty clear that you are not allowed to do this, period...
    (Unless, in the HIGHLY unlikely circumstance, Alba grants you permission to circumvent these rules)...

However, afaik, you MAY be able to put up a donation link here using a PayPal or ChipIn client. Don't quote me on this, as I could be wrong. Also, you do know you can host your files here, so you don't have to go thru media-fire...

Yeah that's why I was asking. Realise it probably wouldn't happen. Media fire was extremely convenient for me at the time. I will make the switch today

Your download link is incorrect. It leads to some badly made NPC addon.

Sorry sorry fixed the link that was a really really early development mod not ready for any kind of release yet

The infinite gem isn't as OP as you think it is. The highest voltage you can output from a storage unit is 512eu/t. So to get the energy out of the gem, you need a storage unit. And that limits the eu/t to 512.

correct although it does fill the storage unit VERY VERY fast (which is where the extreme transfer rate comes int)

He could create a new block (generator) to use that gem property.
    "Plasmarite generator" , a generator capable of extracting the mystical energy contained in those "magical" gems.

Not a bad idea at all may look into that!

In hindsight after playing a bit in MC i think i will need to make the plasmarite EVEN rarer...

• In hindsight after playing a bit in MC i think i will need to make the plasmarite EVEN rarer...

Or have the actual gem be crafted with 1 plasmarite ore and 1 of every other kind of gem, then that item would be surrounded by 8 iridium plates, then you get the infinite energy thing. You shouldn't just be able to get super lucky and get infinite energy.

Edit: I like SpwnX's idea better.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

Edited 3 times, last by Shalashalska ().

• Or have the actual gem be crafted with 1 plasmarite ore and 1 of every other kind of gem, then that item would be surrounded by 8 iridium plates, then you get the infinite energy thing. You shouldn't just be able to get super lucky and get infinite energy.

yeah, I see your point. Basically, the roots of this mod lie in my server where we run both IC2 and thaumcraft (among lots others) and was going for a medeival/mystic theme but wanted to have buildcraft and Industrialcraft machines in the map. This mod really was to bridge that gap and the infinite gem was just part of the magic feeling.

Will eventually add a config file where you can define storage and ID's and i could always add a flag in there to determine whether the gem is infinite or not, thus giving you the choice.

• Official Post

More suggestions for balance and fun of having Magical generators :
    Remove gems ability to store energy (as it is pointless), gems stack up to 64 again.

Mystical Energy Extractor (generator), it has 3 slots to place gems to extract their hidden magical energy. Recipe would be very expensive.
    Every gem (stacksize does matter) inside the extractor adds X EU/t it can produce, depending on gem type.

Generation values :
    Rose Quartz 0.5 EU/t
    Onyx 1 EU/t
    Solite 1.5 EU/t
    Moonstone 2 EU/t
    Kryptonite 3 EU/t
    Firestone 5 EU/t
    Plasmarite 15 EU/t

Rubies and Sapphires does not produce energy, they can only be used as alternative in two recipes, energy crystal and lapotron crystal.
    If possible make them oredictionarized as gemRuby and gemSapphire respectively.

• Ok well i will give that a shot.

• Official Post

No Chaos Emeralds? Seriously? I'm out.

Well, idk if it is possible but it would be cool if it were added to the world generation in specific places.

That makes me suggest this :
    There are three strongholds (which leads to the end), in each of them you will find two chaos emeralds [one in the library, one in the portal room].
    The last chaos emerald is found in the end (in the very center of the main island).

As there will be only seven chaos emeralds, each one gives a massive boost of 128 EU/t in the mystical energy extractor.
    If all seven are in a mystical energy extractor, a special event will occur, which is the change of the mystical generator to a special beacon,it would generate 2048 EU/t) and gives potion effects to everyone in a area of 65x511x65 [X,Y,Z] (Regeneration, mining speed, resistance, strength, speed).

• Well, idk if it is possible but it would be cool if it were added to the world generation in specific places.

That makes me suggest this :
    There are three strongholds (which leads to the end), in each of them you will find two chaos emeralds [one in the library, one in the portal room].
    The last chaos emerald is found in the end (in the very center of the main island).

As there will be only seven chaos emeralds, each one gives a massive boost of 128 EU/t in the mystical energy extractor.
    If all seven are in a mystical energy extractor, a special event will occur, which is the change of the mystical generator to a special beacon,it would generate 2048 EU/t) and gives potion effects to everyone in a area of 65x511x65 [X,Y,Z] (Regeneration, mining speed, resistance, strength, speed).

That is actually a really good idea, may be a little too advanced for me though. I am not new to java, but am very new to minecraft modding. I know how to make the ores Dimension specific (for example only generate in nether) but wouldn't know where to start making items spawn at specific locations especially as the locations are not normally defined until someone visits the dimension upon which it is generated. does that make sense? BUT on the other hand if i set up that system and made the chaos emeralds NEI only then that could make a pretty awesome adventure map!!!!

No Chaos Emeralds? Seriously? I'm out.

haha well you never know, i did say i would be adding more gems XD

• That is actually a really good idea, may be a little too advanced for me though. I am not new to java, but am very new to minecraft modding. I know how to make the ores Dimension specific (for example only generate in nether) but wouldn't know where to start making items spawn at specific locations especially as the locations are not normally defined until someone visits the dimension upon which it is generated. does that make sense? BUT on the other hand if i set up that system and made the chaos emeralds NEI only then that could make a pretty awesome adventure map!!!!

haha well you never know, i did say i would be adding more gems XD

Well there is code that generates the Strongholds, so that does become a possibilty. You can just hook into this code and then make it spawn an additional block everytime or smth.

• Official Post

I think the Chaos Emeralds could work like the following:

1 Emerald makes just 1EU/t. If 2 come together it makes 2^2EU/t, 3 make then 3^3EU/t, thats already 27EU/t, but still not really worth it, now to the 4th, it makes 256EU/t. Finally a sufficient amount. But then we got the 5th: it has a whopping 5^5 = 3125EU/t! 6 Emeralds make 46656EU/t, what is almost worth a Fusion Reactor. If you have all 7 then you get 823543EU/t (16 Fusion Reactors) and are unstoppable! Muahahahaha!!!

It all only works if you put all Emeralds together ofcourse.

• Well there is code that generates the Strongholds, so that does become a possibilty. You can just hook into this code and then make it spawn an additional block everytime or smth.

oh ok, well like i said, i am not new to java but am very new to MC modding. i will have a dig a bit more into how MC works and see if i can come up with something...