[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• Hey Greg, love the mod.

I've started building vertically for space efficiency. When coupled with factorization's router, applied energistics, and "barrel" style layouts (1 EU cable in the center surrounded by 4 of the same machine on each layer) you can make some very compact designs.

My suggestion is including a transposed mode for your multiblock structures. What I mean by that is making the component layout not necessarily in the x-z plane. In particular the fusion reactor. The other machines like the blast furnace could have some strange looking designs come out of it for advanced machine casing efficiency (number of advanced casings per machine block). This would ultimately be a more aesthetic change but could have some interesting consequence. I'm also not familiar with the ins and outs of minecraft and modding so I don't know how practical building multiblocks in the x-y or y-z plane even is from a coding perspective.

I've started building vertically for space efficiency. When coupled with factorization's router, applied energistics, and "barrel" style layouts (1 EU cable in the center surrounded by 4 of the same machine on each layer) you can make some very compact designs.

My suggestion is including a transposed mode for your multiblock structures. What I mean by that is making the component layout not necessarily in the x-z plane. In particular the fusion reactor. The other machines like the blast furnace could have some strange looking designs come out of it for advanced machine casing efficiency (number of advanced casings per machine block). This would ultimately be a more aesthetic change but could have some interesting consequence. I'm also not familiar with the ins and outs of minecraft and modding so I don't know how practical building multiblocks in the x-y or y-z plane even is from a coding perspective.

Guys, what if the fusion reactor built upwards is actually a stargate but Greg has never told us? Sinnaj would lose his shit.

But seriously, I assume it is kinda tedious to implement it, but for something as big as the fusion reactor, it could be worth the effort (do these things actually work now?)

• Guys, what if the fusion reactor built upwards is actually a stargate but Greg has never told us? Sinnaj would lose his shit.

But seriously, I assume it is kinda tedious to implement it, but for something as big as the fusion reactor, it could be worth the effort (do these things actually work now?)

I remember making one towards the end of mindcrack 8.2.0 (I think this was minecraft 1.4.7/Gtech 2.x) and it was a bit confusing.

I have one (soon to be two) running great on my unhinged survival server. The plasma system is actually a lot better than EU. Also with MFR things like lithium are easy to automate production of, and centrifuging lava gets tungsten so I actually have iridium fusion on the same reactor as helium fusion. Applied energistics automates with a little computercraft/openperipherals control to make sure I always have enough plasma. I'd say it all works surprisingly well.

• Greg,
    You should nerf animals like sheep, cows, chicken and pig so that you have to breed them to a higher tier to actually get a good amount of resources out of them. Like say a sheep when killed (tier 1) will drop 1 strand of wool (4 strands of wool equals 1 wool) but if you want to get 1 wool when killing it it has to be (tier 4). You can do this with all of the peaceful mobs by decreasing there drop if they are tier 1 (which they naturally spawn at) so you have to breed them up. It will make the "Stone Age" more challenging.

Also a cool idea for some room for expansion would be using bismuth ((Element Number 83)(Atomic Weight 208.98)) It is a Post-Transition Metal that when burned or exposed will produce mathematically perfect squares. This can be used for some things like processors later on and now data orbs and energy flow circuits.

I support this, but not because my reactors would then have a smaller footprint- I wouldn't be able to wrap a vertical fusionreactor around as big of a steel Railcraft tank.

No, I want to be able to interlock fusionreactors chain like chain links. Because I think that would be cool, not because it would have any effect on the compactness of my setup or on the convolutedness of the wiring and piping. Heck, I would probably build four vertical reactors locked into one horizontal one just because.

1. make a ring of tesla coils, just like the end portal.
    2. place lava underneath it, also like the end portal. THIS IS IMPORTANT!! It's probably also a good idea to just put lava everywhere you can, so long as it's exposed to the coils.
    3. Now, the wiring has to be done very carefully, or else you'll just die: start with the coils farthest away from your power source, and make sure all of the coils are connected BEFORE you put in the last one. Oh, also, the voltage has to be at least 512 eu/t. Minimum. Yes, I know the wiki says they'll explode, but they shouldn't if you do it right.
    4. Step through the portal you just made and kill the ender dragon.

EDIT: Oh, also, I just remembered: You cannot do this in a creative world, nor in creative mode. Has to be survival.

Is it OK to wear quantum armor?

Also, try making a Mystcraft age with the Sky Biome and going to 0,0. Or combing the Tome of Alkahestry from Xeno's Reliquary with a bunch of diamond blocks.

There's also a way to get those eggs using Magic Bees- but, frankly, finding a Sky Biome page and killing a dragon is probably easier for most people.

Edit: Fixed a formatting derp in the post.

If you stare at my avatar hard enough, you'll notice that it consists of three triangular rings, interlocked in such a way that if you were to remove any one of them, the other two would be free to float apart.

Edited once, last by Someone Else 37 ().

• @Nonatan

I can agree with you on gregtech being a tech mod, but there is no other mod that makes the game this hard and I enjoy these challenges. I seem to view gregtech differently than other players. Most view it as another mod. I view it as an extension to vanilla Minecraft that allows you to achieve more at the cost of more time. If I have a bronze age grinder that means I can get more out of an ore than I could in vanilla and therefore that makes greg's annoying nerfs just another step forward in exchange for good things. To sum this up I think Gregtech with hard setting all the way up is a bit to easy in some areas. Specifically animal farming. You have to pay more for better things and getting tons of materials on one piece of ore should be more costly.

Though one thing that does make me crazy is when greg adds a whole new step of challenge and doesn't add anything there. If he is going to add nerfed animal drops he should at least add some form of electric sheer that can get 1.5 output on wool or a skinning knife that if you kill a cow or chicken with will get you more leather or feathers and maybe even a butcher's cleaver for getting more meat and even getting lamb chops from lamb.

I like this a lot,

Mostly because If this happened I could have a tunnel with fusion reactors every so now and then that you walk through. This would supply power and look awesome. And from playing Gregtech for a long time now I know you eventually get to the point where making a fusion reactor is like making a furnace (Didn't say you would get there soon).

• @Nonatan

I can agree with you on gregtech being a tech mod, but there is no other mod that makes the game this hard and I enjoy these challenges. I seem to view gregtech differently than other players. Most view it as another mod. I view it as an extension to vanilla Minecraft that allows you to achieve more at the cost of more time. If I have a bronze age grinder that means I can get more out of an ore than I could in vanilla and therefore that makes greg's annoying nerfs just another step forward in exchange for good things. To sum this up I think Gregtech with hard setting all the way up is a bit to easy in some areas. Specifically animal farming. You have to pay more for better things and getting tons of materials on one piece of ore should be more costly.

Though one thing that does make me crazy is when greg adds a whole new step of challenge and doesn't add anything there. If he is going to add nerfed animal drops he should at least add some form of electric sheer that can get 1.5 output on wool or a skinning knife that if you kill a cow or chicken with will get you more leather or feathers and maybe even a butcher's cleaver for getting more meat and even getting lamb chops from lamb.

Actually if you're looking for a mod that's an extension of vanilla, go with Better Than Wolves. It's an order of magnitude harder than GT and feels much more like vanilla minecraft than GregTech.

Yes, it nerfs animals, in more ways than you think.

• Actually if you're looking for a mod that's an extension of vanilla, go with Better Than Wolves. It's an order of magnitude harder than GT and feels much more like vanilla minecraft than GregTech.

Yes, it nerfs animals, in more ways than you think.

I actually did try this but when I finished it was at the late electric age resource wise and it was ultimately to easy.