[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• Official Post

Either I'm blind or I can't find anything about removing upgrade on the Approved Suggestions list here and on the main page.

Quote from GregoriusT

Q: How can I remove Upgrades from Machines? I accidently put too much Overclockers into my Machine.
    A: You cant. I won't add any ways of Upgrade removal. Not even deleting Upgrades. This is fully intended and should prevent people from carelessly adding Upgrades to Machines.

• Official Post

Suggestion : Beacon + Magic energy Absorber = permanent source of energy (third absorb mode).

This will make the magic energy absorber to constantly drain a beacon's power, cancelling its effects.
    Power generated depends on beacon structure size :

1 layer : 9 EU/t
    2 layers : 34 EU/t
    3 layers : 83 EU/t
    4 layers : 160 EU/t (1 packet of 128 EU/t + another every 4 ticks)

• Well, when it'll be fixed maybe ?
    And, Beacon is absolutely illogical, there is nothing scientific in, where even nodes can be seen as some mysterious energy balls. But ... I don't find anything which could explain enchants, so ... (At least I could, like "it's something draining energy from ... local thermal energy, light or radioactivity [well, basically the same thing]" but ... if so, why can it be removed for energy, as if it was an energy tank ?)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• To expand on that, why not a version of that which works by draining the player of effects? Would have 2 modes, one removes buffs and the otherd debuffs you. The player must be within 5x5 of the block. The output would be 10 EU/t.

• Buff - 10 EU/t
      • Speed: Removes 10 seconds of Speed for 150 EU. Multiply effect by the Speed level if present.
      • Haste: Removes 10 seconds of Haste for 160 EU. Multiply effect by the Haste level if present.
      • Strength: Removes 10 seconds of Strength for 160 EU. Multiply ...
      • Jump Boost: Removes 10 seconds of Jump Boost for 200 EU. Multiply ...
      • Regeneration: Removes 10 seconds of Regeneration for 200 EU. Multiply ...
      • Resistance: Removes 10 seconds of Resistance for 200 EU. Multiply ...
      • Fire Resistance: Removes 10 seconds of Fire Resistance for 150 EU.
      • Water Breathing: Removes 10 seconds of Water Breathing for 200 EU.
      • Invisibility: Removes 10 seconds of Invisibility for 160 EU.
      • Night Vision: Removes 10 seconds of Night Vision for 150 EU.

• Debuff - 16 EU/t
      • Slowness: Adds 10 seconds of Slowness for 120 EU.
      • Mining Fatigue: Adds 10 seconds of Mining Fatigue for 150 EU.
      • Blindness: Adds 10 seconds of Blindness for 200 EU.
      • Hunger: Adds 10 seconds of Hunger for 80 EU.
      • Weakness: Adds 10 seconds of Weakness for 120 EU.
      • Poison: Adds 10 seconds of Poison for 160 EU.
      • Wither: Adds 10 seconds of Wither II for 350 EU.
      • Removes 5 points of health (2.5 hearts) for 90 EU.

Above are some randomly made up figures, Greg could rebalance them if necessary. Should be configurable also. The block when placed would be tied to the player who placed it to avoid griefing.

The block would randomly remove buffs from you and add debuffs to you, but you can increase the chance of a certain type by adding amplifiers to the slots in it. Amplifiers would last for 10? 20? 50? cycles. Certain debuffs require Fermented Spider Eyes, using those debuffs will increase the cycle count by 50%? 60%? 100%?

• Those available as potions (e.g. Speed, Regeneration) would use their potion ingredients (e.g. Sugar, Ghast Tear). Debuffs (e.g. Weakness, Poison) would use their opposite + Fermented Spider Eye (e.g. Blaze Powder + F.S.E., Ghast Tear + F.S.E.). Invisibility is an exception. Poison can also use spider eyes or poisonous potatoes.
    • Haste uses redstone. Mining Fatigue requires that + F.S.E.
    • Jump boost uses rubber.
    • Resistance uses iron dust.
    • Invisibility uses ink sacs?
    • Hunger uses rotten flesh or raw chicken.
    • Blindness uses Golden Carrot + F.S.E.
    • Wither uses Coal or Wither Skeleton Skull.

Overclockers for buffs might increase a small percentage chance of 5% per overclocker to add a debuff to the player. This debuff would be opposite of the buff. (e.g. Regen to Poison, Speed to Slowness). Resistance might add 4 points of damage (2 hearts), Fire Resistance may set you on fire, Water Breathing might spawn water nearby, Invisibility would spawn a Witch and Night Vision would give you blindness. However, it would give you 75% more EU and reduce 80% more time. Limited to 6.

Overclockers for debuffs might increase the amplifier of the debuff (e.g. Slowness to Slowness II, Weakness to Weakness II). Wither's level will still increase by 1. If the debuff's level increase doesn't affect the debuff (e.g. Blindness) it would have give you another debuff instead. However, it would give you 90% more EU and reduces duration of debuff by 5%. Limited to 6.

• Official Post

Will a recipe be added to Remove the Upgrades and Loose them, but get the machine back? Or no?

• Official Post

Will a recipe be added to Remove the Upgrades and Loose them, but get the machine back? Or no?

Read the Q/A on the Main Thread.

@Beacon Power: You can already pull nonregenerative Energy from Nether Stars, and as you can see on that, you will probably also see that the Beacon is just a Solar Powered Effect distribution System, and not an Energy Generator.

• Official Post

Greg, can you add a Recipe for Centrafuging of Redstone blocks? (Ie, 10 Redstone blocks = 9x Output of Centrafuging Redstone for 10x Energy usage/Time)
    Would make it alot less Tedious :p

• Official Post

Sorry but denied. You can btw macerate a Redstone Block into Dusts and insert that.

Yeah, i know, its just annoying having to check back on my Centrafuge every 5 Minutes :p Also, thats disabled on Cubcraft lol
    Not sure if you saw our Tree house but its not exactly "Well Thought out" when it comes to Automation and stuff.
    Meh, its only Temporary.

• Official Post

Y or N

btw. Did the Server just crash?

Its up for me but incredibly laggy.

• The amount of reactions to my long post are surprisingly low... I'm not sure what I expected. Though, i'd like to know someone's opinion about this idea:
    Suffocation damage in a room with (diesel)generators if there is no block which can see the sky in the room (to let the carbondioxide out). Or if the exhaust gasses aren't drained by the suggested gas tubes :).

• Suffocation damage in a room with (diesel)generators if there is no block which can see the sky in the room (to let the carbondioxide out). Or if the exhaust gasses aren't drained by the suggested gas tubes .

I would agree with something like that, IF it wasn't laggy at all and IF Diesel generator were buffed. Wich means I disagree.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Would you be willing to make your own wood gasifier machine, similar to (or exactly like) the advanced generators mod? I loved the idea, but it seems that mod has fallen into disrepair...