[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• Make Nitrogen easier to acquire (It is 78% of the atmosphere of an earth-like planet is Nitrogen after all...).

I'd leave the IC2 'compressed air cell' alone, but make it need to be split into N2 and O2 in a 4:1 ratio to be useful as elemental Nitrogen or Oxygen... necessitates adding new O2 and N2 cells and adjusting recipes to match obviously.

• Hey greg, considering that you nerfed the scaffold recipe, could you perhaps improve the utility of it? by allowing shift to stop, and making it as fast as a ladder.

Make it so you can climb even faster, like 1.5x ladder speed, with two diagonally adjacent towers of scaffold.

• Make Nitrogen easier to acquire (It is 78% of the atmosphere of an earth-like planet is Nitrogen after all...).

I'd leave the IC2 'compressed air cell' alone, but make it need to be split into N2 and O2 in a 4:1 ratio to be useful as elemental Nitrogen or Oxygen... necessitates adding new O2 and N2 cells and adjusting recipes to match obviously.

Yup, but it would need to be centrifuged, and that would be VERY, VERY long since molecular mass of O2 and N2 are about 32 and 28 --> I'd say about half the time to centrifuge uranium.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• What about adding a new function to your pump, so it would be a bit more useful ?
    I think it'd be fun if pump could turn Oil (for example, but some similar things may work for Lava) into a "Raw Oil" and this one could have a slightly different Distillation recipie in your tower ? Like providing 1 Methane Cell for each Diesel Cell (I know, Gasses are like 10% of Oil, but assuming your Methane Cells are Gaseous Methane Cells and not Liquid, because it would otherwhise produce more EU than Refined Oil ... we can assume 1 Methane Cell for each Diesel Cell would be about 10% in terms of mass, or mols if you prefer ^^)

Edit: Why am I still forgetting to edit ? At least that's a good mean to bump the Thread but ...

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Yup, but it would need to be centrifuged, and that would be VERY, VERY long since molecular mass of O2 and N2 are about 32 and 28 --> I'd say about half the time to centrifuge uranium.

Yes, the molecular mass is low, but that doesn't necessarily mean it would take longer. Spinning a centrifuge of atmosphere would take far less torque than almost any other material, so it could be spun faster with less power. ^^

• Yes, the molecular mass is low, but that doesn't necessarily mean it would take longer. Spinning a centrifuge of atmosphere would take far less torque than almost any other material, so it could be spun faster with less power.

The issue is that the DIFFERENCE between the 2 is low. But, since there is no chemical links involving energy to be broken betwen these, that should be easy though. But it got already suggested and it'd be kind of OP. (think how N is useful in GT.)

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Alter the GT Cloaking Device to be more useful by using reflection on the vanilla Invisibility potion, as in alter the color of the Invisibility potion to be 0 while the Cloak wearer has the device on, and change it back to 8356754 when the device is detected to be off.

EDIT: I have yet to test my no swirl invisibility potion in SMP (or out of MCP) yet, but I can confirm that this method has worked perfectly for my MCP testing so far.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Looks interesting, but if I'm not mistaken they can only teleport 1 block?

Yes, 1 block at a time from place to place.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Official Post

Suggestion : Add a small rendering overlay on machines when pointing a wrench to them.
    The overlay would show 9 squared areas, that does whatever they are supposed to do when rightclicked.
    "insert Greg "image" explaining how wrench works here"

• This, I understand how they work but some blocks behave differently to others (Due to being unable to perform certain functions)

• The issue is that the DIFFERENCE between the 2 is low. But, since there is no chemical links involving energy to be broken betwen these, that should be easy though. But it got already suggested and it'd be kind of OP. (think how N is useful in GT.)

N isn't that awesome, plus, I'm sitting on a nearly limitless supply of cracked sand to make saltpeter from... so... really not rare in any way.

• N isn't that awesome, plus, I'm sitting on a nearly limitless supply of cracked sand to make saltpeter from... so... really not rare in any way.

Yup, but Nitro-Biofuel just can't be automated. (Otherwhise none would use normal Fuel and because IRL adding N to Biofuel wouldn't be enough at all to compensate the energy consumed to run the centrifuge)

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• What about adding a new function to your pump, so it would be a bit more useful ?
    I think it'd be fun if pump could turn Oil (for example, but some similar things may work for Lava) into a "Raw Oil" and this one could have a slightly different Distillation recipie in your tower ? Like providing 1 Methane Cell for each Diesel Cell (I know, Gasses are like 10% of Oil, but assuming your Methane Cells are Gaseous Methane Cells and not Liquid, because it would otherwhise produce more EU than Refined Oil ... we can assume 1 Methane Cell for each Diesel Cell would be about 10% in terms of mass, or mols if you prefer ^^)

Edit: Why am I still forgetting to edit ? At least that's a good mean to bump the Thread but ...

Didn't I suggest something similar a while ago?

• Official Post

Suggestion : Portable Tesseract Terminal.
    Allows the player to remotely open the GUI of the block attached to the generator, if there is one.

It adds 16 EU/t consumption to the generator while the player has the GUI open.

I know the GUIs are coded to close when the player is far than X meters from the block its originating, but you could code the terminal to open a fake GUI which shares the same items/buttons of the original one, or is it not possible?

Suggestion2 : Remote Redstone Transmitter
    Rightclick to emit a configurable redstone signal , which would be received by all Wireless redstone receiver covers with the same frequency.
    Shift rightclick open a gui :
    "Redstone mode : Toggle, single pulse (while you are holding rightclick)
    "Strength 0-15 (0 is to deactivate the device, so you can't accidentally activate it)"

This one would be nice to remotely activate stuff in the base. I could link this to a self-destruction circuitry, which would destroy the entire base in case of invasion/boredom.

• Official Post

Suggestion : Portable Tesseract Terminal.
    Allows the player to remotely open the GUI of the block attached to the generator, if there is one.

It adds 16 EU/t consumption to the generator while the player has the GUI open.

You cant just open GUI's remotely. They will automatically close if you are more than 8 Blocks away from it. Not to mention the Problems of different Dimensions causing crashes with that kind of thing as they have a different World Object.

I know the GUIs are coded to close when the player is far than X meters from the block its originating, but you could code the terminal to open a fake GUI which shares the same items/buttons of the original one, or is it not possible?

Would only be possible if GUIs werent that customizable, and also not a mess like most Minecraft things.

Suggestion2 : Remote Redstone Transmitter
    Rightclick to emit a configurable redstone signal , which would be received by all Wireless redstone receiver covers with the same frequency.
    Shift rightclick open a gui :
    "Redstone mode : Toggle, single pulse (while you are holding rightclick)
    "Strength 0-15 (0 is to deactivate the device, so you can't accidentally activate it)"

This one would be nice to remotely activate stuff in the base. I could link this to a self-destruction circuitry, which would destroy the entire base in case of invasion/boredom.

Yes I have thought of that already.

• Suggestion :
    Reorganizing the mod by decomposing it into "modules", a bit like Railcraft (ex: Generators, Crops, UUM Recipes, Automation Machinery, Production Machinery, Nuclear Components, Hard Recipes, Force metal compression for metal blocks...) and then adapt the config files to allow the user to choose which modules they want.

It would be more user-friendly, and give users more choices about how they want to play IC2 with GregTech.